All drivers on the roads of Florida owe each other a duty of care to keep the roads safe and to take all reasonable measures to prevent an accident from happening. This means that drivers must carry out all the required safety checks before changing lanes. When a driver makes an improper or unsafe lane change, they are putting the lives of other road users at risk by creating a dangerous situation. Road users are expected to behave according to the traffic rules and regulations set out by law, and when their failure to do so causes a car accident, they must be held accountable.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident in Englewood resulting from an improper or unsafe lane change, you should seek legal assistance as soon as possible. Here at The Law Place, we have over 75 years of combined experience in multiple practice areas, including many car accident cases. We have a team of car accident lawyers who can advise you on whether you have a valid compensation claim, and if so, we can help you fight to get the compensation you deserve. Our law firm offers a free consultation meaning you can get legal assistance with no requirement to commit.
Call us today to schedule a free consultation. Our lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience.
In This Article
- What Does Improper Lane Changing Mean?
- Common Causes of Improper Lane Change Vehicle Accidents in Englewood
- Common Injuries Sustained in a Car Accident
- Insurance Companies in Englewood
- Making a Personal Injury Claim in Englewood
- What Damages Can I Claim Following an Improper Lane Changes Car Accident in Englewood?
- How Much Time Do I Have to File a Lawsuit in Englewood?
- How Much Will a Car Accident Lawyer Cost Me in Englewood?
- Contact The Law Place in Englewood Today
What Does Improper Lane Changing Mean?
There are a number of situations where drivers can make an improper or unsafe lane change. Some of the most common ones include:
- A driver not using the proper signals when turning or changing lanes.
- Two vehicles veering into the same middle lane resulting in a car accident.
- A driver backing out of their parking spot without checking for other vehicles.
- A driver not properly checking their blind spots.
- A driver colliding with another vehicle due to them being reckless when joining the highway.
For a free legal consultation with a improper lane changes accidents lawyer serving Englewood, call 941-444-4444
Common Causes of Improper Lane Change Vehicle Accidents in Englewood
Just like all car accidents in Florida, there are many reasons a dangerous lane change car accident can happen. These reasons could be based on the fault of the driver, the conditions of the road, or problems with the vehicle itself. Some of the most frequent causes of these car accidents seen by our car accident lawyers include:
- Reckless driving – In many situations, individuals drive recklessly due to being in a rush, experiencing road rage, or being overconfident. Some examples of reckless driving include speeding, failing to obey traffic signals, tailgating, and unsafe lane changing.
- Distracted driving – Drivers in Florida are often distracted by their phone, a passenger, by eating and drinking, or changing the radio station when driving. When a person drives distracted, they are unable to react as quickly to situations and increase the likelihood of a car accident happening.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – Florida Statute 316.193 prohibits driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. When a person drunk drives, they are more likely to cause a car accident as their mobility and reaction time are hindered.
- Poor visibility – It is possible for an unsafe lane change car accident to happen due to poor visibility on the roads. A driver may be unable to properly judge the distance between a car at night time or when the weather conditions are poor.
- Erratic driving – Erratic drivers may make a lane change while speeding or make sudden changes on the road, which can lead to a car accident happening.
Regardless of why another vehicle made an unsafe lane change that resulted in an accident, victims deserve to be compensated for any injury or damage they’ve suffered. Our law office recommends that you speak to a car accident lawyer if you have been involved in an accident due to another driver’s negligence. They can help you receive compensation for any personal injuries you’ve suffered and can ensure that the at-fault driver is held accountable.
Englewood Improper Lane Changes Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Common Injuries Sustained in a Car Accident
Depending on how serious the car accident was, the speed of the motor vehicle, and the weight and size of the vehicle involved, the injuries sustained by the victim will vary. Some of the most common injuries seen by our personal injury lawyers include:
- Sprained, fractured, and broken bones.
- Cuts, bruises, lacerations, and gashes.
- Injuries to the neck and back, including whiplash.
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Organ damage and internal bleeding.
- Wrongful death.
Victims who have been involved in a serious car accident often suffer more than physical injuries. It is common for accident victims to experience emotional and mental distress, including anxiety, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and depression. Regardless of whether you are suffering from a physical injury or mental distress, an accident attorney can help fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Insurance Companies in Englewood
As Florida is a no-fault state, it is required that you contact your insurance company first following a car accident, as provided under Florida Statute 627.7407. Depending on the particular insurance policy you have, you may be able to claim damages for any injuries under your own policy. However, it is often the case that the amount of money you require exceeds the limits of your own policy. This is particularly the case in Florida, as the law requires that road users must only have minimum injury protection (PIP) coverage of $10,000.
If you are unable to claim under your own policy, you can try to make a claim under the policy of the at-fault driver, as they also have a low level of coverage. In this situation, the only way for you to receive compensation for any injuries or damage you have suffered is to make an injury claim against the negligent driver. A car accident lawyer can help you file a claim to ensure that you get the compensation you are owed and that the other party is held responsible. Call today for a free case evaluation with an accident lawyer serving our office who can guide you on whether you have a valid claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Making a Personal Injury Claim in Englewood
In order to make a successful claim and get the compensation you are owed, it is required for you to demonstrate that the other party was negligent. This means that the driver did not take reasonable steps to ensure your safety and prevent an accident from happening when changing lanes. A car accident lawyer serving Englewood will have to prove the following elements in order to establish that the other driver was negligent:
- Duty of care – All road users in the State of Florida owe a duty of care to prevent vehicle accidents from happening and to ensure the safety of other road users. This means taking all reasonable safety precautions when driving.
- A breach of duty – It must be shown that the other driver breached their duty of care to you through negligence and caused a car accident. Examples could include reckless driving, distracted driving, speeding, or making an unsafe lane change.
- Causation – There must be a link between the car accident and the other driver’s breach of their duty to you. An accident attorney will use the evidence from the scene to demonstrate this link.
- Damages – You must have suffered damage in order to get any compensation. Examples of damages include medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, or wrongful death.
What Damages Can I Claim Following an Improper Lane Changes Car Accident in Englewood?
Once it can be shown that the other driver caused a car accident due to them changing lanes unsafely and that you were injured as a result, you can make a claim for damages. Some of the damages a personal injury lawyer can help you claim to include:
- Medical bills – This includes any bills for hospital appointments, transport to and from these appointments, and medical bills for any long-lasting injuries.
- Lost wages – You can retrieve damages for any wages you’ve lost due to being unable to work. This includes potential future earnings.
- Property damage – If your motor vehicle or any valuable items contained inside were damaged at the time of the accident, an accident lawyer could file to have the cost of these compensated.
- Pain and suffering – If you have suffered any physical or emotional distress as a result of the car accident, you can be compensated for this. These damages are difficult to quantify, so we recommend speaking with an accident lawyer serving Englewood who can help you.
- Wrongful death – No amount of compensation can make the trauma of losing a loved one in a car accident any easier. An accident attorney from our firm can help relieve some financial stress by making a wrongful death claim for funeral costs and a loss of income to the family household.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Lawsuit in Englewood?
You have a maximum period of four years following a car accident to file a lawsuit involving negligence. However, it is recommended that you act fast in these types of situations for a number of reasons.
Firstly, it takes a long time to build a strong case to ensure that you get compensation. An accident lawyer will have to collect evidence, speak to witnesses, and examine police reports, amongst many other things. The longer you leave it to file a lawsuit, the less time they have to build a strong case.
Secondly, evidence and witnesses often go missing following a car accident. It can be difficult to gather all of the evidence required to make a successful claim if you aren’t prompt in seeking legal assistance. In many cases, witnesses’ memories become clouded, and they are unable to remember all the details, or there was no evidence taken from the scene.
Lastly, the insurance companies and lawyers of the other party may have built a strong case to prevent them from paying you out. Insurance companies are always reluctant to pay victims out as their priority is usually to make a profit. If you wait a long time before filing a lawsuit, they could use this against you to prevent you from getting compensated for the car accident.
How Much Will a Car Accident Lawyer Cost Me in Englewood?
One of the main reasons victims of car accidents are reluctant to seek legal advice is the costs associated with having a personal injury attorney. Here at The Law Place, our priority is ensuring that you do not have any extra stress associated with your accident case. Our office works on a contingency basis, meaning that if we are not successful in winning your accident case, then you will not lose any money. If we are successful, and you are compensated for any injuries or damage you’ve sustained, we will deduct our fees from the settlement, which we always guarantee to be fair and reasonable. All contingency work is monitored by the Florida State Bar Association, so you have the added security of knowing that our costs are fair. Call today to schedule a free consultation where you can receive legal advice from an accident lawyer from our office.
Contact The Law Place in Englewood Today
Here at The Law Place, we know car accidents are extremely stressful, and trying to seek compensation can be a difficult and lengthy process. This is particularly the case if you have suffered serious injuries and your insurance company won’t pay you out what you are owed. Research shows that having legal representation increases your chances of receiving a payout, and on average, the amount a victim receives is much higher. This is why we recommend speaking with an accident lawyer from our firm who can help you file an injury claim to get compensation for your injuries.
If you have been injured in an accident due to another driver unsafely changing lanes in Englewood, it is important that they are held accountable and that you get the justice you deserve. Our firm has over 75 years of experience in multiple practice areas, including many car accidents. Regardless of the cause of the accident, our priority is ensuring that you receive justice. We offer a free case evaluation meaning you can receive legal advice with no strings attached.
Don’t waste any time calling us. The sooner you do, the better chance we have at winning your case.
Call today for a free consultation to tell us about your case. Our phone lines are always open.