If you’re charged with a crime in Fort Myers, build a strong criminal defense with the experienced lawyers at The Law Place. Call us today!
Fort Myers Criminal Defense Lawyer
When the unthinkable happens, and you find yourself facing serious criminal charges in Fort Myers, FL., you will need an experienced criminal defense lawyer in your corner.
Quite simply, criminal defense is the art of defending someone who has been accused of a crime. In order to convict you, a criminal prosecutor will seek to prove to a jury that you are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, and it is the job of a criminal defense lawyer to show otherwise.
At The Law Place, our criminal defense team has over 75 years of experience in defending the criminally accused. The attorneys at our reputable law firm have handled a wide range of criminal cases in Fort Myers, FL., involving DUI’s, thefts, sexual assaults, and many more. We can offer aggressive and comprehensive defense against any charges that you may face in Fort Myers, FL. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us now at (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation.
In This Article
- The Role of a Fort Myers Criminal Defense Attorney
- What You Should Expect From Your Fort Myers Criminal Defense Attorney
- The Burden of Proof in a Fort Myers Criminal Case
- What a Fort Myers Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Do for You
- When Should You Hire an Attorney in Fort Myers, FL?
- How Much Do Lawyers in Fort Myers, FL., Cost?
- Call The Law Place Today For a Free Consultation!
The Role of a Fort Myers Criminal Defense Attorney
The primary role of a Fort Myers criminal defense attorney is to passionately represent the person who has been accused of the crime and is facing a criminal conviction in court. However, there are many aspects to the role that you may not have thought of.
The criminal defense attorney who is appointed will start by counseling the defendant so that they are aware of the process that they are about to face. They will instruct them on what questions they should and should not answer before their court appearance, and what their rights are with regards to bail and other such matters.
They will then gather all of the facts surrounding the criminal case. This involves finding and interviewing any witnesses, requesting and reviewing police reports and subpoena documents, and researching case statues and precedents. A Florida criminal defense attorney will prepare to examine witnesses at trials, hearings, and dispositions, and prepare compelling arguments to put forward to the judge and jury.
At The Law Place, our lawyers have years of experience and understand what makes a great criminal defense lawyer. All of our Fort Myers criminal defense attorneys perform their role to the highest standards. Call us now for your free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a criminal defense lawyer serving Fort Myers, call 941-444-4444
What You Should Expect From Your Fort Myers Criminal Defense Attorney
You should expect and demand trust, organization, communication, and absolute commitment from your Fort Myers criminal defense lawyer.
- Trust – Criminal defense attorneys are required by law to keep all communications between them and their clients completely confidential. This is important because a defendant must have complete trust in their lawyer in order for them to open up and speak freely without the fear of any reprisals. There are a small number of exceptions to this rule, but in most cases, this is central to the relationship between the defendant and the criminal defense attorney. At The Law Place, trust is something that is highly regarded by all of our lawyers and something that we can guarantee.
- Organization – A criminal defense lawyer should be an excellent organizer. All criminal cases come with a large amount of paperwork that must be kept up to date. Failure to do so would make you look bad in front of a judge and make it appear as though you are not taking matters seriously. Additionally, putting together an effective criminal defense case requires dedication and a huge amount of organization. All of the criminal defense lawyers at our law firm will effectively organize your case to help present a solid defense.
- Communication – Criminal defense lawyers should be excellent communicators and compassionate listeners. Most lawyers have years of experience in law, and many of them will speak in ways that you will not understand, which can be completely overwhelming. They must also be able to communicate effectively will all third parties involved in your case, such as the jurors and witnesses, in order to deliver an effective defense. The criminal defense lawyers on our team can communicate with you in a clear and concise manner so that you can understand what is happening at all times as well as deliver effective communication to all parties involved.
- Commitment – Finally, and perhaps most importantly, your Fort Myers criminal defense lawyer should be one hundred percent committed to you and your criminal case. Without this absolute commitment, a sufficient defense will not be presented on your behalf. Our Fort Myers lawyers will dedicate themselves to fighting against the criminal offense you have been accused of.
Call The Law Place today for a free consultation with a Fort Myers lawyer today!
Fort Myers Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
The Burden of Proof in a Fort Myers Criminal Case
Most people have heard the term “burden of proof” in TV series, books, and movies, but the legal definition is not widely understood.
In law, it is said that “the burden of proof is on the prosecutor”; in other words, it is the responsibility of the prosecutor to prove the criminal case. The defendant does not have any responsibility to prove anything. When the trial concludes, if the prosecutor was not able to prove that the defendant was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, the jurors have a responsibility to find the defendant not guilty.
Proving that the defendant is “guilty beyond a reasonable doubt” is an incredible thing for a lawyer to prove. It is often easy to show where there is doubt in most criminal cases. The burden of proof in criminal cases is classed as the highest-burden in law, due to the fact that a defendant’s very liberty is at stake, and in court, nothing is regarded higher than a person’s freedom.
The complexities of Florida law can be difficult to comprehend. This is why you should seek legal advice from an experienced criminal defense attorney. Call us now for a free consultation with an experienced lawyer.
What a Fort Myers Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Do for You
If you have been arrested in Fort Myers, FL., and are facing criminal charges, the criminal defense attorneys at The Law Place are here for you and are available for a free consultation. If you choose to appoint our law firm to represent you, you can be assured that our experienced criminal defense lawyers will aggressively fight your case.
Our lawyers are experienced in a wide range of criminal cases, here are just a small number of examples;
- Armed robbery.
- Assault and battery.
- Possession Of Burglary Tools.
- Child abuse.
- Driving on a suspended license.
- Possession of drugs.
- Drug trafficking.
- Money laundering.
- Reckless driving.
- Violation of probation.
- Traveling to meet, or with intent to meet, a minor.
- Traffic ticket.
- Dealing In Stolen Property.
If you have been accused of any of these crimes in Fort Myers, FL., or any other, call The Law Place now for a free consultation with an experienced lawyer.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
When Should You Hire an Attorney in Fort Myers, FL?
The Sooner you hire a lawyer in Fort Myers, FL., the better.
If you have been accused of a crime in Fort Myers, FL., or think that you are the subject of a criminal investigation, you should waste no time and get in touch with a lawyer straight away. If you have a lawyer on board from the very beginning, you can greatly improve your chance of being acquitted of the criminal offense you have been accused of. It makes life easier for you and your lawyer, and you can have the best chance of achieving a favorable outcome.
A Fort Myers lawyer will make sure you don’t unknowingly say the wrong thing to the police or law enforcement agency, which could hurt your defense at a later date. It will protect your constitutional rights and prevents the common missteps that occur in criminal investigations. Those who have been accused of a criminal offense commonly believe that they can explain their side of the story in order to protect themselves, but usually hurt their defense when doing so. Law enforcement agencies are trained to extract information from suspects and encourage them to implicate themselves unwittingly. They will use any statements against you in court and are even allowed to be dishonest or deceptive in their initial conversations with you. Our experienced attorneys can stop this from happening.
The time at which you decide to hire a lawyer may mean the difference between a negative and a positive outcome in any criminal case. So, don’t hesitate, call us now for a free consultation!
How Much Do Lawyers in Fort Myers, FL., Cost?
The cost of a lawyer in Fort Myers, FL., depends on a number of factors, including the severity of your charges, any aggravating factors relating to your case, and your criminal background. However, all of our costs will be laid out to you in your initial free consultation. There will be no surprises from our lawyers when your case concludes because transparency is at the heart of our practice.
Call The Law Place Today For a Free Consultation!
The lawyers at our prestigious law firm will offer you an initial free consultation, so there is no reason not to contact one of our experienced attorneys if you are facing a criminal conviction in Fort Myers, FL.
The skilled attorneys at The Law Place have years of experience in a wide range of criminal charges, and unlike other law practices in Fort Myers, FL., there will be multiple eyes on your case, something which has proven to be invaluable.
Our dedicated attorneys are ready to get started on your case. If you have been accused of a crime in Fort Myers, FL., call The Law Place at (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation, our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.