Whiplash can be defined as a neck or back injury commonly associated with car accidents. Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the body is suddenly restrained, often by a seatbelt, and the sudden emergency stop causes the head to jerk back and injure those in the vehicle.
If you have suffered from a whiplash injury as a result of a road collision due to someone else’s negligence, then it is worthwhile speaking to a reputable law firm as soon as you possibly can. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be entitled to receive compensation for any damages you have incurred. A personal injury lawyer will be able to guide you through the legal process and will do their utmost best to ensure you receive the best possible outcome.
Our Englewood phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so don’t hesitate to give us a call at a time most convenient for you. Call us today to arrange a free consultation with an adept personal injury lawyer.
Common Causes of Whiplash Injuries
The most common causes of whiplash injuries in Englewood, FL., are as follows:
- Motor vehicle accidents – This includes car, truck, bus, and motorcycle accidents. Rear-end collisions are the most common accidents associated with whiplash.
- Bicycle accidents – Similarly to motor vehicle accidents, cyclists are at risk of being rear-ended and knocked off their bikes, therefore causing whiplash.
- Slip and fall accidents – When someone slips and falls, there is a risk that the head or neck could be strained and cause whiplash.
- Construction accidents – When loose debris falls from a construction site and hits an individual’s head or neck, it is likely to cause severe whiplash.
If you or a loved one has suffered from a whiplash injury as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault, then you may be entitled to compensation. Contact The Law Place today to arrange a free consultation with a highly skilled personal injury lawyer.
Common Symptoms Associated With Whiplash
Many people misunderstand whiplash as being a relatively minor injury. However, symptoms can be severe, which is why it is vital that you seek medical assistance as soon as you possibly can following a whiplash accident. Some of the most common symptoms of whiplash include the following:
- Reduced concentration.
- Decreased mobility in the neck, head, or back.
- Muscle spasms.
- Ringing in the ears.
- Head, neck, or back pain or stiffness.
- Tenderness around your head and neck.
Who Could Be Liable for Your Whiplash Injury in Englewood, FL?
The first step in claiming any potential damages that you may be entitled to be to establish the party liable for the accident. Establishing liability can be a complex process, which is why it is so important to seek expertise from a reputable personal injury lawyer. Some of the most common parties that may be liable for whiplash injuries are:
- The driver of the vehicle that caused an accident.
- The owner of the establishment where the accident took place. For example, a property owner or manager or a construction site owner or manager.
- Your employer.
- A heavy equipment manufacturer.
No matter the complexity of your place, our team of reputable accident attorneys are here to ensure you receive the best possible outcome and one that you are deserving of. Our lawyers will work to establish the liable party and will gather crucial evidence to support your case and ensure you receive any compensation that you are entitled to. Call us today to get started with your case.
What Damages Could You Be Entitled to Following a Whiplash Accident?
If you have been unfortunate enough to sustain a whiplash injury as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault, then you may be entitled to claim for any damages you have suffered as a result of the accident. Possible damages that you may be able to receive compensation for are as follows:
- Any medical bills or expenses from past, present and future appointments – This includes the cost of any treatment and rehabilitation, as well as any costs incurred from getting to and from those appointments.
- Vehicle or property damages – If any personal belongings or property was damaged as a result of the accident, then you may be able to claim compensation that covers the cost of repairs or replacements.
- Lost wages or loss of earning capacity – If the whiplash injury has prevented you from working at all, then you will be able to claim for any loss of income.
- Pain and suffering – If you have suffered from any emotional distress or trauma, then you may be able to claim compensation for this. However, it is worthwhile noting that this damage is often hard to prove, which is why it is vital that you seek legal advice from a reputable personal injury lawyer.
At The Law Place, we fully understand that no amount of compensation can make up for the trauma and injury you have suffered. However, we hope that by receiving compensation for any damages you have suffered, that justice has been served.
Contact The Law Place In Englewood, FL., Today!
If you or a loved one has suffered a whiplash injury as a result of an accident, then it is strongly advised that you seek representation from a reputable law firm as soon as possible. A competent personal injury lawyer will work to establish the negligent party, and the party therefore liable to pay for any damages you have suffered. An injury attorney will do their utmost best to ensure that you receive any compensation that you are entitled to.
At our law firm, we offer all our customers a free initial consultation, where we will evaluate the legitimacy of your case and the best way to proceed. At this free consultation, you will receive valuable legal advice on the next best steps to take, and all at no obligation. Our Englewood phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can call us at a time most convenient for you. Call us today and get started with your case.