Garbage trucks are a common sighting in Englewood and the State of Florida. In general, garbage trucks are known for driving slowly and primarily within residential areas. Unfortunately, on occasions, there will be an accident involving a garbage truck in Englewood, FL. Due to the truck’s sheer size and heavyweight of the vehicle, often accidents that involve garbage trucks leave devastating damage and injury.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a garbage truck incident in Florida and has suffered damage and injury as a result, then it is strongly advised to seek legal advice from a skilled personal injury lawyer. At The Law Place, our team of accident attorneys has over 75 years of collective experience in handling cases similar to yours. Our personal injury lawyers will be able to assess whether you may be entitled to claim for damages for your garbage truck accident. We also offer all our customers a free initial consultation, where our highly skilled lawyers will analyze your claim and offer valuable legal advice on the next best steps to take, and all at no obligation.
Our Englewood phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so don’t hesitate to give us a call at a time most convenient for you. Call our offices and arrange a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer today!
What Are the Main Causes for Garbage Truck Accidents in Englewood?
Garbage trucks are an essential vehicle that plays an important role in our everyday lives. However, due to the sheer size of the garbage trucks, they can often be difficult to maneuver through residential streets. There are many reasons why garbage truck accidents occur. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website, truck accidents often occur due to the following reasons:
- Distracted driving – A truck driver can be distracted whilst driving in a number of ways, including looking at a mobile phone, eating or drinking whilst driving, or even daydreaming.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can affect the driver’s reaction time and ability to make decisions, meaning that accidents are more likely to occur.
- Driver fatigue – Many truck drivers work long shifts and therefore spend long periods of time on the road. Driving when tired increases the likelihood of an accident taking place.
- Reckless driving – When a driver is negligent and drives recklessly and dangerously, the chances of an accident occurring increases greatly.
- Poor weather conditions – When there is heavy rain or fog, driver visibility is often affected.
- Vehicle malfunctions – If there is a faulty part or the garbage truck has been poorly maintained, accidents are increasingly likely to occur.
- Company negligence – If the trucking company has failed to properly maintain their vehicles, then they may be held liable if an accident occurs.
- Violating traffic laws – If a driver fails to obey the rules of the road, accidents are more likely to occur.
Possible Injuries Sustained From Garbage Truck Accidents
Due to the sheer size and heavyweight of garbage trucks, injuries sustained from truck accidents can be catastrophic and life-changing. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident, injuries can range from minor to severe and may include:
- Head, neck, or back injuries.
- Fractured or broken bones.
- Cuts and bruises.
- Burns or lacerations.
- Internal bleeding.
- Damage to the internal organs.
- Wrongful death.
It is also worthwhile noting that truck accidents can also cause emotional distress and trauma, otherwise known as pain and suffering. No matter the injuries you have sustained as a result of a garbage truck accident, here at The Law Place, we have a team of adept accident attorneys who are here to help ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Call our offices in Englewood, FL., today to arrange a free consultation.
Possible Damages You May Be Entitled to Claim for Following a Garbage Truck Accident
Following a truck accident, a personal injury lawyer will investigate your case to see if you are entitled to claim for any damages. Depending on your case, your personal injury lawyer may look to claim for any number of the following damages:
- Medical bills and expenses – This includes any bills incurred from any past, present, and future medical appointments, as well as the cost of any treatment, rehabilitation, or expenses incurred from traveling to and from those appointments.
- Property damage – If your vehicle or any personal items were damaged as a result of the trucking accident, then you may be able to claim compensation that covers the cost of repairs or replacements.
- Loss of wages or earning capacity – If your injuries have either affected your performance at work or prevented you from returning to work entirely, then you may be entitled to compensation that covers the cost of this.
- Pain and suffering – If you have suffered emotional distress and trauma as a result of the trucking accident, which has prevented you from living the life you once lived before the accident, then you may be able to claim compensation for this.
- Wrongful death – If you have been unfortunate enough to lose a loved one as a result of a truck accident, then you may be able to claim compensation that covers the cost of funeral expenses, loss of income, and loss of consortium.
At The Law Place, we fully understand that no amount of compensation can make up for the damages and distress that you have suffered as a result of the garbage truck accident. However, we hope that in receiving compensation, we have helped to ensure that justice has been served.
Contact The Law Place in Englewood Today!
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a garbage truck accident, then it is strongly advised to speak to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A reputable accident attorney will be able to assess if you are entitled to any compensation that covers the cost of any damages you have incurred. If so, then your personal injury lawyer will work tirelessly on your behalf to ensure you receive the best possible outcome for your case.
At our law firm, our team of lawyers has over 75 years of collective experience in handling a variety of cases, so you can rest assured that your case will be incompetent and knowledgeable hands. We offer all our customers a free initial consultation where we will assess the legitimacy of your case and offer comprehensive legal advice on the best way to proceed, and all at no obligation.
Our Englewood, FL., offices are open around the clock, so don’t hesitate to call us at a time that suits you best, and rest assured, a highly skilled accident attorney will be on hand to help. Call us today and get started with your case today!