Office InformationAddress Sarasota Law Office
1414 S Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34239
Accidents that happen because of the negligence of someone else can be a pretty horrible affair to deal with. It can be a time of chaos and raised tempers. Injuries and emotions all bubble together and can often leave us stressed and feeling lost and alone.
Luckily, Florida law is clear for its cities and towns, and that includes Sarasota, FL. This law states that you have every right to seek compensation for any losses you have had to deal with as a result of someone else’s negligence. Unfortunately, the law and the complexity that surrounds personal injury cases can make it difficult to know where you stand. When you are already trying to heal from your injuries, you may not be in the best headspace to navigate Florida state law. This can lead many victims into feeling like they are unsure what their options are in regard to legal action.
This is where Sarasota personal injury lawyers, like those at The Law Place, come into play. Personal injury lawyers play an integral part in guiding and advising victims on what they can and cannot claim after being injured. They will do the hard work, file the paperwork, and speak to the other parties involved, leaving you to focus on your recovery while they deal with your personal injury lawsuit.
Contact us now on 941-444-4444.
In This Article
- What Types of Personal Injury Can Lead to a Lawsuit in Sarasota Florida?
- What Damages Will a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me to Claim in Sarasota FL?
- What is the Compensation Process in Sarasota, Florida?
- Why You Might Need a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Call The Law Place Today in Sarasota, FL!
What Types of Personal Injury Can Lead to a Lawsuit in Sarasota Florida?
There is a huge variety of personal injury types that can result in a lawsuit. Usually caused by the negligence of another individual or business, personal injury lawsuits come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.
Sarasota personal injury attorneys often deal with clients who have been injured in the following ways:
- TBI – Traumatic brain injury.
- Injuries to the spinal cord.
- Back and neck injuries such as whiplash and crushing.
- Burns, abrasions, and lacerations.
- Animal attacks.
- Drowning and choking.
There are lots of other injuries we haven’t mentioned here. To put it simply, if your injury has caused you to lose earnings, changed your quality of life, or resulted in long term mental or physical injuries, you are entitled to seek compensation. If you are unsure then contact a personal injury attorney at our law firm for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Sarasota, call 941-444-4444
What Damages Will a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me to Claim in Sarasota FL?
Luckily, in the majority of accidents, both parties are able to walk away relatively unharmed. Many accidents, however, result in one party’s life being drastically changed forever. This can happen due to life-changing injuries or mental trauma. When these accidents have happened as a result of somebody’s negligence in Sarasota, a personal injury attorney can help you to claim for the following damages:
- Medical bills – Even when victims have a good level of medical health insurance, they can still end up having to pay for thousands of for dollars in expenses and bills. Hospital stays, ambulance call outs, surgeries, and medication can add up extremely quickly. It can be even worse when an injury requires long term medication or physical therapy.
- Loss of earnings – If a victim’s injuries mean that they can no longer work in the same capacity they could before, for example, spending long periods in hospital or being unable to do their physical labor job, this continued loss of wages will need to be repeated by the at-fault party. These sums can be extremely high in cases where the victim has been left with a lifelong disability, which means they will never be able to work in the same capacity ever again.
- Intangible losses – Not every loss can be calculated using cold hard numbers. Compensation for pain and suffering and mental health, as well as the loss of enjoyment of life, are all factors that have to be calculated on their own.
On top of this, in Sarasota, in accordance with Florida Statute 768.72 you might be eligible for something called punitive damages. These are awarded by the court and are pretty rare, in order to have a good chance a claiming for them it is a good idea to speak to personal injury lawyers at The Law Place. Your attorneys in Sarasota, FL, will look to prove that one of the following applies:
- Purposeful misconduct – If another party has injured you with intent, the court could award punitive damages.
- Gross negligence – In rare cases, where the defendant’s accidents are seen as being that terrible that they displayed a blatant disregard for human life, the court might also award punitive damages.
Sarasota Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What is the Compensation Process in Sarasota, Florida?
In Sarasota, FL, an experienced personal injury lawyer will advise you on what the best path is for each individual case. Every case will be different, but this is the basic path that most cases follow.
- Evaluation – During this stage, you will most likely ring up a reputable Sarasota personal injury lawyer for a free consultation. They will ask you some quick questions and evaluate your chances of recovering damages.
- Investigation – If you agree to representation, your personal injury lawyer will then begin to investigate the accident. They will speak to witnesses and look at the answers you have given them. They might decide to get in touch with independent specialists who can reconstruct the accident.
- Calculate a fair compensation value – To recover damages, you will need to show evidence for your losses. Your Sarasota personal injury lawyer will help you obtain this evidence. They also might contact experts who can calculate your future losses.
- Insurance claims – If your Sarasota personal injury claim happened in Sarasota and is due to a motoring accident, you are bound by Florida’s PIP Laws. In accordance with Florida Statute 627.736, you need to begin by filing an insurance claim with your own insurance company. Your Sarasota personal injury lawyer will do all of this for you, liaising with the insurance company and doing the paperwork.
- Filing a lawsuit – If the insurance company undervalues your claims or refuses them all together, your Sarasota personal injury lawyer will now begin the process of filing a lawsuit. They will then advocate for you and build your case. If you do not receive a settlement value you are happy with, they will use this case to fight in court.
Why You Might Need a Personal Injury Lawyer
There is a huge variety of reasons why people contact a Sarasota personal injury lawyer for representation. Here are some of the most common personal injury case reasons:
Car accident – According to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV), over 400,000 road accidents occur in Florida every year, resulting in over 255,000 injuries and 3,000 fatalities. Victims and their families often turned to a skilled Sarasota personal injury lawyer for personal injuries caused by a car accident.
- Bike accidents – Thanks to the great infrastructure found in Sarasota, it is a great place to be a cyclist. However, 200 cyclists are injured every year in Sarasota, when this happens due to the negligence of someone else, and many riders turn to a Sarasota personal injury lawyer for help.
- Pedestrian accidents – Sarasota, like the rest of Florida, still remains as one of the most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the country. The Sarasota country sheriff’s office and the Sarasota Police department have had to seek grants to raise the safety levels across the county, but pedestrian accidents are still a big problem.
- Medical malpractice – Every year a surprising number of medical malpractice personal injury claims happen due to the negligence of doctors in Sarasota county.
- Workplace injuries – When people receive a personal injury at work in Sarasota state, they regularly turn to a reputable personal injury lawyer to fight their case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call The Law Place Today in Sarasota, FL!
When you have been injured, and it wasn’t your fault, it can feel like the whole world is against you. Here at The Law Place, each and every personal injury lawyer that works here is skilled and knowledgeable in Florida personal injury law. We have a wealth of experience, having dealt with cases like yours for over 75 years collectively. Contact our law firm today for a free consultation.
We offer a free consultation on a no-strings-attached basis and are contactable 24 hours a day. Don’t let somebody else’s mistake ruin your life, get in touch today on 941-444-4444!