Office InformationAddress Clearwater Law Office
4500 140th Avenue North, Ste 101
Clearwater, FL 33762
**By Appointment Only** Mon-Fri: 8AM – 5:30PM
If you have been involved in an accident or have suffered a personal injury while in the Clearwater area, you may be feeling overwhelmed or stressed by your available options.
Luckily, by consulting with a skilled Clearwater personal injury lawyer like those found at The Law Place, we will instantly help take the pressure off. After calling us, we can give you some quick, easy to understand advice on what we would advise you to do in your current position. This will be free of charge in the form of a free consultation with no strings attached. Our phone lines are manned 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us any time.
We have over 75 years of dealing with cases just like yours in Clearwater and across the entire state of Florida. Our Clearwater personal injury lawyer team is ready to take your case and to protect your rights, fight for fair compensation where necessary, and as a priority, help take the stress and worry off your shoulders during this chaotic time.
Call us today on (941) 444-4444.
In This Article
- Injured in Clearwater? What You Should Do and What You Should Not Do
- What Type of Personal Injury Accident Cases Do We Cover in Clearwater?
- What Damages Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me to Claim in Clearwater, Florida?
- What Is the Compensation Process in Clearwater, Florida?
- Call The Law Place Today!
Injured in Clearwater? What You Should Do and What You Should Not Do
Hopefully, you are reading this article pre-emptively and never need to heed the following advice. After getting into a personal injury accident in Clearwater, there are certain things you should do immediately, and certain things you should avoid doing in order to maximize your chances of a fair and reasonable compensation sum.
We will start with the things you should avoid doing. These are the things that could harm your personal injury or car accident claim in the Clearwater area:
- Never say anything to anyone that could potentially reduce liability or, worse, place fault with yourself. This means you should stay away from saying things like “sorry.” Saying something like this, even when the accident isn’t your fault is a really common mistake that people make.
- Never let an insurance adjuster record you. Often, they will ring you up with a chirpy employee and inform you they want to talk about your case or even sneakier; they may say they want to discuss a compensation offer. They will then say that they need to record the phone call, and you may be tempted to say yes. Always say no, and always remember that the insurance company is never on your side.
They are the two things that many people do when they do not realize what they are doing. Insurance companies will always try, and payout as little as possible, and the two scenarios above are just two ways that they may try to attempt this.
Here are some of the things you can do to enhance the chances of a successful Clearwater personal injury lawyer being able to seek compensation on your behalf:
- First things first, always prioritize your health and safety after an accident. If you are capable of calling for an ambulance, you should do so. You should do this no matter what, unless your injuries are minor, as certain injuries like internal bleeding can go unnoticed in the early hours after the accident.
- Call the police as soon as you can, if the situation demands it. After car accidents and injuries that require medical attention, having the police on the scene can help secure the area, and also provides reliable evidence later on through their police report.
- Start collecting evidence if you are able, if you are not in the position to collect evidence, it is vital that you get in touch with your personal injury attorney. Clearwater roads are notoriously busy, and accidents are cleared away quickly. The sooner you get in touch, the sooner they can investigate for you and find fresh evidence to support your case. Take pictures of the scene if possible, pictures are often the best form of evidence and give a clearer idea of what happened.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Clearwater, call 941-444-4444
What Type of Personal Injury Accident Cases Do We Cover in Clearwater?
The majority of cases that we see in the Clearwater area are personal injury cases and car accident cases. Specifically, our skilled personal injury accident law firm has a lot of experience in dealing with the following.
Car Accident Cases in Clearwater
Clearwater, and Florida in general, see an extremely high number of car accident incidents, every single day. The state is one of the most dangerous in the country to be any kind of road user, be it driver, pedestrian, or cyclist.
This means that a large percentage of car accident cases are dealt with by our personal injury attorneys. Clearwater personal injury attorneys like those found at The Law Place, know how to negotiate the confusing Florida laws that surround car accident cases, and will know the best way to deal with your specific needs.
Motorcycle Accidents in Clearwater
Due to their nature, motorcycle accident cases can often involve much more severe injuries than you would find in a car accident. These physical injuries can often ruin the standard of life that people are used to living. This, in turn, can cause serious emotional distress and can put a massive strain on entire families.
Clearwater personal injury cases are bound by Florida Law, and this means that there are ways that you can seek compensation for your accident. You may be able to seek compensation for a range of things, like pain and suffering, and lost wages. You may have to do this by bringing a lawsuit against the third party involved.
Commercial Truck Accident Cases in Clearwater
With most commercial vehicles weighing in at over 15 times the weight of the average car, it is easy to see why accidents involving them can be so severe in terms of accidents and damage.
Due to the risk level, there are numerous additions to Florida law that require trucking companies to train their employees, carry out numerous safety checks and put restrictions on how long their drivers can be on the road.
Often these restrictions are ignored by drivers and companies alike, and this makes them negligent. They have a duty of care to every other person on the road, and if they breach this, then they can be found liable and can be made to pay compensation to their victims.
With the size and weight of these vehicles, injuries caused by negligent commercial drivers are usually a lot worse than you would find in a simple car accident. This means medical bills could be higher, and the risk of wrongful death is higher too. If you have been involved in an accident with a commercial vehicle, you need to find a skilled Clearwater personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Slip and Fall Cases in Clearwater
If you are involved in a personal injury due to neglect on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to seek compensation from the party responsible. If the owner of the property has failed to carry out the expected level of maintenance or worse has knowingly ignored hazards, they could be found negligent.
These can be tricky cases and are hard to navigate alone. Your best option if you are unsure what to do after such an injury is to get in touch with us for a free consultation. We can advise you on where you stand in terms of Florida law.
Clearwater Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What Damages Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me to Claim in Clearwater, Florida?
In the majority of accidents, both parties remain relatively unharmed and do not result in long-lasting personal injury. Others aren’t so lucky, and for those, they can face life-changing injuries and mental trauma that can affect the way they live their life forever.
It isn’t fair for anyone to have to face this as a result of someone else’s negligence. This is where our skilled personal injury law firm can help. Our personal injury team may be able to help you claim for the following damages:
- Medical bills – Even if the victim has a strong level of medical health insurance, it can still end up costing them thousands of dollars via expenses and bills. Hospital stays, ambulance call outs, surgeries, and medication all add up to a high bill in a surprisingly short time. It can end up costing a victim even more if an injury requires them to be on long term medication or require physical therapy.
- Loss of earnings – If the injury means that the victim has lost their ability to work in the same capacity as they did before their accident, then this can add up to a large amount in terms of lost wages. These sums can add up to huge figures, especially when the victim has received a personal injury that results in a lifelong disability.
- Intangible losses- Not every loss is tangible. Sometimes certain losses do not have an easy calculation and will require experts who can work out what the long-term losses amount to.
What Is the Compensation Process in Clearwater, Florida?
Every case is different, and only your personal injury lawyer and the law firm will be able to advise on their exact process. This is the general pathway that mode cases in Florida will follow.
The first stage is the evaluation stage. During this stage, you will most likely call up a reputable personal injury lawyer and make use of the free consultation process that the majority of them use.
During this quick call or meeting, you will be asked some simple easy to answer questions about your case that will give your personal injury lawyer a good overview of where you stand in terms of the law and what your chances of a successful claim are.
If you agree to the terms and hire a personal injury attorney, then they will begin to investigate on your behalf. They will get in touch with any witnesses that they can find, seek police reports, look for CCTV footage, and may get in touch with specialists known as expert witnesses, such as a car crash simulation expert.
Calculate a Fair Compensation Value
To recover any kind of damages, your Clearwater personal injury attorney will have to be able to prove, with evidence, your losses. Your personal injury attorney will be able to help you calculate what your total damages amount to, or they may get a specialist in, for example, to calculate your future losses in the event of a life-long injury.
Your personal injury attorney should now have a strong case built for you and will be able to liaise with any relevant insurance companies that are involved. They will negotiate on your behalf and seek an out of court settlement that is fair and reasonable and is agreeable to you.
Filing a Lawsuit
If the insurance company refuses or undervalues your claims, your Clearwater, Florida lawyer, will now begin the process of filing a lawsuit. They will then advocate for you and use the strong case they have built for you after your injury. If you do not receive a settlement value you are happy with, they will use this case to fight in court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call The Law Place Today!
Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of a personal injury that isn’t their fault. It happens though, and when it does, it can often be a chaotic and stressful time for the victim and their families.
This is why we highly advise that you call a skilled law firm like ours for a free consultation as soon as you possibly can after your injury. As soon as you have agreed to let us represent you, we will do all of the paperwork, and we will liaise with all of the relevant parties and speak to the witnesses and police. This means you do not have to navigate the complex world of Florida law alone.
We take all of the stress off your shoulders, which means you can focus on the most important thing, your health and mental well-being. Call us today on (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation, and our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Don’t let somebody else’s mistake ruin your life.