Slip and fall accidents are fairly common accidents that occur in Englewood and the State of Florida. Injuries for a slip and fall accident range from minor to serious, depending on the severity of the fall. More often than not, slip, and fall accidents occur due to the negligence of another party, who has failed to amend or highlight the potential risk to others. If this is the case, it is likely that the injured party will be entitled to compensation to cover the cost of any damages incurred.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a slip and fall accident, then it is strongly advised to seek representation from a reputable law firm. At The Law Place, we have a team of adept personal injury lawyers with over 75 years of collective experience in dealing with cases similar to yours and handling the Florida legal system. By seeking the expertise of an injury lawyer, they will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the best possible outcome for your case, which may include receiving compensation.
Our Englewood phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can call us at a time that suits you best, and rest assured a personal injury lawyer will be on hand to help. Call us today to schedule a free consultation with a reputable accident attorney.
What Are Some of the Most Common Causes for Slip and Fall Accidents in Englewood, FL?
There are a number of reasons why slip and fall accidents occur. Some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents are as follows:
- Uneven floors – If the floors are uneven, then it is more common for individuals to become unsteady on their feet or trip and fall.
- Slippery or wet floors – When water is left on surfaces, including the floor, then they are prone to becoming slippery, meaning the chances of a slip and fall accident is more likely to occur.
- Potential tripping hazards – Wires and cables are dangerous tripping hazards and should not be extended across the floor. When they are left, with no warning in place, slip and fall accidents are likely to occur.
- Insufficient or inadequate lighting – When sidewalks or entranceways are improperly lit, it is much easier to trip and fall over.
- Loose or broken handrails – If railings are loose or broken and there is no prior warning in place, then it is likely that individuals will trip and fall due to the lack of support in place.
If you have suffered personal injury from a slip and fall accident due to one of the reasons above, then it is vital that you seek the expertise of a competent personal injury lawyer. At The Law Place, we have a team of highly skilled injury attorneys who will do their best to ensure you receive the best possible outcome for your case. Call us today to arrange a free consultation with a reputable personal injury lawyer.
What Are Some of the Most Common Injuries Resulting From a Slip and Fall Accident?
Depending on how, why, and where your slip and fall accident took place, the severity of your injuries may range from minor to severe. Some of the most common injuries sustained from a slip and fall accident are:
- Broken or fractured bones.
- Head, neck, or back injuries.
- Brain injuries.
- Injuries to the feet and ankles, such as sprains.
No matter the injuries you may be facing, if the accident occurred because of someone else’s negligence, then it is likely that you may be able to claim damages. For example, if you slipped on a wet floor in a restaurant because the floor either hadn’t been cleaned properly, or the establishment failed to implement the correct signage or notify passers-by of the potential risk, then the restaurant owners are the party at fault for your injuries, and therefore liable to pay for any damages they may have caused. By seeking the representation of a personal injury attorney, they will work to investigate the liable party for your accident, as well as any damages you may be entitled to claim. Call our office in Englewood today to get started with your case.
Possible Damages You May Be Able to Claim Following a Slip And Fall Accident in Englewood, FL.
When determining how much your slip and fall claim may be worth, an accident lawyer will look to carry out a thorough investigation to assess what damages you may be entitled to claim for. Some of the most common damages associated with a slip and fall accident include:
- Medical bills and expenses from the past, present, and future – This includes all medical appointments, procedures, and rehabilitation, as well as any expenses incurred traveling to and from those appointments.
- Loss of income or earning potential – If you are unable to return to work following a slip and fall accident, then you may be able to claim for any lost earnings or potential lost earnings.
- Pain and suffering – This accounts for the emotional distress and trauma you may have faced. If you have suffered an injury that has prevented you from doing something you once did before the accident took place, then you may be able to claim for this. However, it is worthwhile noting that this is relatively hard to prove in court, so it is important to have legal representation by your side.
An Englewood slip and fall lawyer will do their utmost best to ensure you receive the compensation you are deserving of. Contact The Law Place today to speak to an adept injury lawyer and find out what damages you may be entitled to.
Call The Law Place Today!
If you have been unfortunate to suffer from a slip and fall accident, and it was due to another party’s negligence, then it is vital to seek representation from a reputable law firm as soon as you can. At The Law Place, we have a highly skilled team of injury attorneys with an abundance of experience in handling cases similar to yours. Many of our lawyers are AVVO rated 10.0, which is the highest possible rating, so you can rest assured that your case will be in knowledgeable and competent hands.
At our law firm, we offer all our customers a free consultation where we will evaluate your claim and assess the best steps to take to ensure you receive a positive outcome. If you are entitled to claim for damages, then your personal injury lawyer will work tirelessly alongside you to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Our Englewood offices are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so don’t hesitate to call us at a time most convenient for you, and rest assured, a highly skilled accident lawyer will be on hand to answer all your questions. What are you waiting for? Call us today and arrange a free consultation with a reputable injury lawyer.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form