When misfortune strikes and an accident happens, it can be a chaotic and stressful situation for everybody involved. People could be injured, tempers could be high, and victims can be left feeling lost and angry.
Luckily, if you have been involved in an accident that isn’t your fault, and you have been injured as a result, the laws that govern Florida say that you are entitled to seek compensation as a result. This covers any injury, hardship, or mental trauma.
Unfortunately, this law is extremely complex and tricky to navigate, especially for those that have never dealt with personal injury laws before. This is why personal injury lawyers across the country are hired to fight the cases on their client’s behalf. This stops the victim from having to deal with the stressful process personally and allows them to focus on recovery.
When you are fighting for the fair and reasonable compensation that is owed to you following an accident that wasn’t your fault, you need a law firm with a history dealing with personal injury cases. Here at The Law Place, our team has nearly a decade of combined experience fighting for clients just like you. As soon as we come on board, we will take the load off your shoulders and give you the space you need to focus on your physical and mental wellbeing.
Contact us at (941) 444-4444 for your free consultation today. The phone lines are always open, which means you can call us any time of day.
In This Article
- What Types of Personal Injury Can Lead to a Claim in North Port, Florida?
- What Damages Will a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me to Claim in North Port?
- The Initial Steps for Seeking Compensation in the North Port Area
- Assigning Negligence in a Personal Injury Case in North Port
- Compensation Demand
- Filing a Lawsuit
- Deadlines After a North Port Accident
- Contact The Law Place Today
What Types of Personal Injury Can Lead to a Claim in North Port, Florida?
There are a huge variety of different injuries that can result from an accident. Here are some of the injuries we have dealt with for our clients:
- Burns, abrasions, and lacerations.
- Animal attacks.
- Drowning and choking.
- TBI’s (traumatic brain injuries).
- Injuries to the spinal cord.
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and crushing.
This isn’t a comprehensive list, so if you have received an injury that isn’t listed above, you should still get in touch. You have nothing to lose, the consultation is free, but you might have a lot to gain.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving North Port, call 941-444-4444
What Damages Will a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me to Claim in North Port?
Most accidents that happen in North Port allow for both parties to walk away relatively unharmed. Some people aren’t so lucky, and their accident can lead to life-changing injuries or even death.
When the worst-case scenario happens, a skilled personal injury lawyer will be able to help seek compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses – It should never be your responsibility to pay for any medical treatment you need as a result of someone else’s negligence. When your insurance doesn’t cover the entirety of your bills, you could be left in a difficult position.
- Earnings/wages – Often, injuries prevent an individual from working in the same way that they did prior to the accident. This isn’t fair, so seeking compensation for all missed wages and all potential future lost wages is important.
- Intangible losses – Not all losses can have a number placed upon them. These are called intangible losses. They include things like loss of enjoyment of life and mental trauma.
North Port Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
The Initial Steps for Seeking Compensation in the North Port Area
The first and most important step, in any case, is to make that initial call to a North Port personal injury attorney. They will evaluate your case immediately and give you some free legal advice.
We will then arrange a sit down meeting with you in order to talk about what the plan of action is and what we advise you to do. In this meeting, we will start building your case.
Assigning Negligence in a Personal Injury Case in North Port
Next, in your personal injury case, we will work out who was at fault and whether they acted negligently or not. To be classed as negligent, your personal injury lawyer will have to work out whether someone else in the same situation would have acted in the same manner.
After negligence comes assigning liability, this is a key part of the case and will be vital in securing compensation.
The courts will expect your personal injury lawyer to prove the following:
- That the other individual or party had a duty of care for the victim, a common example of this is the shared use of the road, which every driver on the road assumes when they get into a car.
- That the other party did something to breach this duty of care and acted negligently, for example, speeding and failing to stop at a red light.
- The injuries of the victim are a result of that negligence.
- The incident led to the victim suffering from economic and non-economic loss.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
To prove all of the above, your personal injury lawyer will have to investigate. This will be a combination of any evidence you have been able to provide, such as witness statements and their own investigation.
They will talk to the police from the scene, look at CCTV, speak to witnesses, and may even call in expert witnesses like a car crash reconstruction.
This stage is time crucial, which is why it is so important to get in touch with your attorney as soon as possible. The quicker they can begin to investigate, the better their chances of building a strong case.
Personal injury lawyers know how to calculate your damages. They will work out how much exactly they think you are owed for things like mental trauma, your injuries, and your potential loss of earnings. They will then calculate a compensation sum that will cover all of it.
This will then be sent to the other party. If they accept, you get your money and pay for our fees, and everyone is happy. If they decided your claim isn’t valid or they come back with an offer you are not happy with, then we will proceed to file a lawsuit.
Filing a Lawsuit
During this stage, we will use all of the evidence we have collected as well as the compelling case we have built for you to convince the courts that you are in fact deserving of the compensation you are seeking.
Deadlines After a North Port Accident
In North Port, your personal injury case is time-restricted. Florida law states that you only have 4 years to make a claim regarding a personal injury accident.
After these 4 years have elapsed, you will be barred from making a claim relating to that particular accident forever.
The only exceptions to this are wrongful death and medical malpractice cases. These both have a shortened time limit of 2 years.
Although this may seem like a long time, if you want the best possible chances of securing a reasonable compensation sum, you should get in touch with a lawyer as quickly as possible. This will allow them to investigate much quicker and will lower the chances of evidence being missed.
Contact The Law Place Today
Here at The Law Place, we are prepared to fight tooth and nail to win your case. We have experience that spans 75 years and have won numerous cases for clients in similar positions to you.
Our phone lines are always manned, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, so contact us today at (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation.