As noted in Florida law, it is a legal requirement for property owners and managers to ensure that the premises they own remain safe and secure for others. When this law is neglected, the chances of an accident taking place increase greatly. If a person has an accident and suffers personal injury as a result, then it is possible that the property owners are held accountable. This is also known as premises liability. Premises liability is the liability that an owner or occupier has for accidents and injuries that occur on their property.
If you or someone you know has suffered personal injury as a result of unsafe premises and property negligence, then it is strongly advised to seek legal advice as soon as you can. At The Law Place, our team of attorneys has a wealth of experience in handling a variety of cases. A personal injury lawyer will be able to investigate your claim and will work to ensure you receive the best possible outcome for your case, which may include receiving compensation for any damages you have faced.
Our Englewood, FL., offices are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so feel free to give us a call at a time most convenient for you. Call us today to arrange a free consultation with an adept accident attorney.
In This Article
- What Are the Premises Liability Laws?
- Who May Be Affected by Property Negligence?
- What Are Some of the Most Common Property Liability Claims in Englewood, FL?
- Possible Damages You May Be Entitled to Claim Following an Unsafe Premises and Property Accident
- Contact The Law Place in Englewood, FL., Today!
What Are the Premises Liability Laws?
In the State of Florida, premises liability laws are held in place so that property owners, managers, and operators are held accountable for the upkeep and safe management of their space. This includes general maintenance of the property and the prevention of hazards or anything that may make the space unsafe for others.
There are two particular scenarios in which the property owner, manager, or operator would have legal responsibility for premises liability cases. These scenarios include:
- If the property owner, manager, or operator created an unsafe condition within the space, which resulted in personal injury for someone.
- If the unsafe conditions exist for such a long period of time, that under normal circumstances, they should have been noticed and corrected in order to make the property safe for others. Depending on the type of hazard, the property manager, owner, or operator should have either fixed the hazard or put up appropriate signage to warn others about the potentially dangerous condition.
For a free legal consultation with a unsafe premises and property negligence lawyer serving Englewood, call 941-444-4444
Who May Be Affected by Property Negligence?
It is worthwhile noting that it is possible for anyone to be a victim of property negligence. For any premises liability claim, it is important to determine the nature of the individual that has been affected by the property negligence. The State of Florida sets out three different categories that a party may fall under:
- Invitee – This accounts for individuals that are invited onto the property.
- Licensee – This relates to any individual or entity that is licensing the premises for their own personal use.
- Trespasser – This may be an individual or a group that has entered onto the premises or property without prior permission from the owner or manager.
The extent of the duty of care that a property owner is legally bound to provide depends on the individual that has entered onto the premises. For example, a property owner has a different duty of care towards someone that they invited onto their premises in comparison to someone that has trespassed.
At The Law Place, we understand how complex the Florida legal system can be, which is why our personal injury lawyers will be there by your side every step of the way. Call our Englewood offices today to get started with your case.
Englewood Unsafe Premises and Property Negligence Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What Are Some of the Most Common Property Liability Claims in Englewood, FL?
There are a number of potentially dangerous conditions on a property that could cause injury or damage to an individual on the premises. Some of the most common premises liability claims stem from:
- Slip and fall accidents.
- Trip and fall accidents.
- Slippery or uneven floors.
- Loose handrails.
- Construction site hazards.
- Insufficient lighting.
- Mechanical or electrical damage.
- Damage caused by adverse weather conditions.
- Broken locks or windows.
- Obstructed pathways.
No matter the cause of your injuries, if you have suffered from injury or damage as a result of property negligence, then it is likely that you may be entitled to compensation. Here at The Law Place, we have a team of adept lawyers who will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the best possible outcome for your case. Call our Englewood offices today to arrange a free consultation.
Possible Damages You May Be Entitled to Claim Following an Unsafe Premises and Property Accident
An adept personal injury lawyer will seek to investigate any possible damages that you may be able to claim compensation for. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your premises liability claim, a personal injury lawyer may seek to claim any number of the following damages:
- Medical bills – This includes bills or expenses incurred from any past, present, or future medical appointments.
- Property damage – If any personal property was damaged as a result of the accident, you might be entitled to receive compensation that covers the cost of repairs.
- Loss of income or earning capacity – If your injuries have prevented you from returning to work, then you may be able to claim compensation for this.
- Pain and suffering – This accounts for any emotional distress or anguish that you may have suffered as a result of the accident. However, this damage is often hard to prove in court, and therefore it is essential to seek advice from a reputable personal injury lawyer if you want to claim this.
Don’t hesitate to call The Law Place today to speak to a reputable personal injury lawyer. Our accident attorneys will work alongside you to make sure you receive the best possible outcome for your case. Give us a call today to get started!
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact The Law Place in Englewood, FL., Today!
If you or someone you know has suffered personal injury or damage as a result of unsafe premises or property negligence, then it is strongly recommended to seek advice from an adept personal injury lawyer as soon as you possibly can. At The Law Place, we have a team of adept personal injury lawyers with over 75 years of collective experience in handling a variety of cases similar to yours.
At our law firm, we offer all our customers a free case evaluation. At this initial consultation, we will assess your claim and offer comprehensive legal advice on the best steps to take in order to achieve the best possible outcome for your case, and all at no obligation. It is worthwhile mentioning that many of our attorneys are AVVO rated 10.0, which is the highest possible rating. This rating is awarded based on trial skills, length of service, awards received, as well as client reviews and testimonials. You can rest assured that at The Law Place, your case will be in adept and competent hands.
Our Englewood, FL., phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so don’t hesitate to call us at a time most convenient for you. Our accident attorneys will be on hand to help answer your questions and provide valuable legal advice at any time of day. Call us today to arrange a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer.