Office InformationAddress Tampa Law Office
3426 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33609
Tampa is home to a population of nearly 400,000 people, as well as the prestigious University of South Florida and one of the gems of the state of Florida. It attracts a huge number of tourists and locals alike thanks to its gorgeous weather, amazing golf courts, and impressive bay. There is a lot to do, and it is always bustling.
Even in places as beautiful and happy as Tampa, accidents still happen. When they do, making sure you have a good personal injury attorney ready to help could be extremely important.
The Law Place has been converting personal injury cases across the state of Florida for over 75 years collectively. We have seen it all. If you need an experienced and skilled team of Tampa personal injury attorneys, we are the ones to call. Contact us now on 941-444-4444 for a free consultation with an experienced lawyer.
The Most Common Personal Injury Claims
Accidents are common and can happen unexpectedly, no matter where you are or what you’re doing. Here are the most common personal injury claims we see in Tampa:
- Car accident – Car accidents are the most common personal injury claims in the entire country. Millions of these cases are settled every year with the help of a law firm. Common reasons are driving under the influence and lapses of concentration.
- Slip and falls – Slips and falls can seem relatively mild, but every year slips and falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries and hip fractures.
- Medical malpractice – When a nurse or doctor is negligent, and it leads to the harm of a patient, many of them look to a personal injury lawyer to seek compensation for their injuries.
- Assault – Violent behavior is increasing across the country, and this means that every day more and more gun or knife-related crime personal injury cases are happening week by week.
- Workplace accidents – Nobody deserves to be injured at work when it does happen, workers can often be scared to take on their bosses for compensation. This is where personal injury lawyers at a reputable law firm can help.
- Product liability – When a product that is meant to be safe malfunctions or breaks and causes injury, the manufacturer is liable for any damages or injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Tampa, call 941-444-4444
Why Do I Need Personal Injury Attorneys in Tampa, Florida?
When you have been involved in an accident that isn’t your fault, you are most likely going to have to seek compensation from the other parties’ insurance or from your own insurance.
Insurance companies do not like to pay out money. If they did, they would never make a profit. For this reason, they hire strong and aggressive legal teams, ready to trick and deceive you into devaluing your own claim.
Florida state law is notoriously tricky to navigate. Without a personal injury lawyer in Tampa, you are going to struggle to seek compensation on your own. In fact, statistics show that with a personal injury attorney in Tampa, on average, you will receive a payout that is 60% higher than those without representation, depending on the case at hand.
Facing the insurance companies can be a scary ordeal, doing it with someone who is confident in Florida law and who is ready to fight your case can take a massive weight off your shoulders.
Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What to Do at the Scene of the Accident
Hopefully, you are reading this pre-emptively and will never have to use this advice. It is always smart to be prepared. Here is what you should do after an accident in Florida to give yourself the best chance later on at a claim or defending yourself.
- Evidence – To prove that someone else is liable for your injuries in Florida, you are going to need lots of evidence. This means that you should try and get witness names and numbers pictures and medical records when you can. Also, record every single thing you can remember and every correspondence. With evidence, the more, the better.
- Medical aid – The first and most important thing to do after an accident is to focus on your health and safety. If you did not need an ambulance, still take yourself to a hospital immediately. Your injuries will need to be formally recorded if you want to seek damages for them later on.
- Record and report- Report your accident in the appropriate way. Workplace accidents need to be reported to management and in the accident book. Car accidents need to be reported to the police. All of this reporting will help your case later.
- Keep a diary – After your accident, keep a diary every single day documenting how you feel, how your injuries are affecting your daily activities, and how you are doing mentally. This is crucial if you want to seek compensation for pain and suffering.
- Hire the right attorney – This will be the deciding factor in whether your case goes well or not. A good attorney will more than makeup for their higher price-tag as they will always be able to seek a better level of compensation for your accident.
I’ve Decided to Hire a Personal Injury Accident Attorney. What Next?
Once you have decided that to get in touch with a team of reputable personal injury attorneys in Tampa, you are already on the right path to seeking reasonable compensation for your losses.
The first thing that will happen will be a free consultation. This can either be done over the phone or in person. There are no-strings-attached here. You will get some free, unbiased, honest advice, and we will evaluate where we think you stand in terms of the law and your claim. We will layout our fee structure and give you some time to think it through.
If you decide that you do want to proceed with our law firm, we will call you in for a more in-depth meeting with a personal injury lawyer. At this point, we will ask some more detailed questions, explain our strategy, and get you to sign the relevant paperwork. After this, you can sit back and relax, we will take over all of your paperwork, we will liaise with all of the parties necessary, and we will do your investigation for you.
During this investigation stage, we will speak to witnesses, look for evidence and records, and speak to first responders and the police. We will begin to build an air-tight case for you to give us a position of power to negotiate from.
Once we have built this case, we will begin negotiations with the other insurance company. With our evidence and strong case, they should offer a settlement at this point. If it is a good settlement and you are happy, that’s the end of it.
If they do not offer you or your lawyer a reasonable settlement or refuse your claim, this is where we will take your strong case and use it to prove you deserve compensation in a court with a judge and jury.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Tampa Personal Injury Lawyers?
A personal injury attorney Tampa usually works on a contingency basis. This means that you do not pay for anything unless you win your case. Usually, when you win, you then pay your lawyer a percentage of your compensation.
Contingency fees are regulated by the State Bar Associations, and every single lawyer has to follow strict regulations and laws when it comes to their contingency work, or they will be barred from practicing law.
What is the Average Settlement for a Personal Injury Accident in Tampa, Florida?
This is a hard question to answer, as every single case is so different. The amount that you may be awarded can depend on a number of things, including:
- The severity of the injuries sustained.
- How costly the medical bill cost is.
- The past and potential future medical bill costs.
- The fault.
- The age of the injured victim.
- How much the accident has impacted the victim’s day-to-day life.
- The quality of your Tampa personal injury lawyers.
These injury factors are all quantifiable. This means an insurance adjuster will rate them on a scale and input that data into a machine. This machine will then calculate what the company is willing to offer as a settlement for your injury. This settlement will usually be lower than it should be, and we advise you to turn it down unless you and your lawyer are really happy with it.
At this point, your Tampa personal injury lawyers will negotiate for more on your behalf, using the evidence we have built up for you to secure a higher settlement figure. If we still can’t agree, then we move to the trial phase.
Contact The Law Place in Florida Today
Here at the law place, you will speak to a Tampa personal injury attorney that has dealt with cases just like yours before. Our lawyers have a combined experience spanning over 75 years. When you need a skilled personal injury lawyer that is going to stand up and defend you to the best of their ability and aren’t afraid to stand up to the insurance companies, The Law Place is here to help. Contact us now for a free consultation on 941-444-4444.