Unfortunately, accidents caused by distracted driving are increasing year on year in Englewood and the State of Florida itself. Whilst many drivers devote their whole attention to the road and their surroundings whilst driving on Florida highways and roads, it only takes one distraction or a split second with their eyes on the road to cause a traffic collision.
If you have been injured in a road accident that was caused by a distracted driver in Englewood, FL., then it is strongly advised to seek expertise from a reputable law firm as soon as you possibly can. An adept personal injury lawyer will be able to assess your situation and see if you are entitled to claim any damages that you have incurred as a result of the accident.
At The Law Place, we have a team of highly skilled personal injury lawyers with over 75 years of collective experience in dealing with cases similar to yours. Our attorneys understand how daunting the Florida legal system can be, which is why they will be there to support you every step of the way. A car accident lawyer will do their utmost best to ensure you receive any compensation you are deserving of. Our Englewood phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so feel free to call us at a time that suits you best. Our telephone number. Call us today to arrange a free consultation with an adept Englewood car accident attorney.
Distracted Driving Statistics
It may surprise you to know that distracted driving is one of the leading causes of car accidents in Florida today. Out of the whole of the United States, Florida is considered to be the second most dangerous state for car accidents caused by distracted drivers. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), in 2016 alone, reports show that there were close to 50,000 car accidents reported as a result of distracted driving. Of these accidents, there were over 3,500 injuries and a staggering 233 deaths.
What Are Some of the Most Common Reasons for Distracted Driving in Englewood, FL?
Distracted driving can be defined as carrying out the act of driving whilst engaging in other activities which distract the driver’s attention away from the road. No matter how quick or minor the distraction, the driver often compromises the safety of their passengers, as well as other vehicle users and pedestrians. Some of the most common reasons for distracted drivers in Englewood are:
- Checking a mobile phone or texting while driving.
- Talking to passengers.
- Fatigued driving.
- Driving under the influence (DUI).
- Driving for long periods of time without stopping for rest breaks.
- Drinking or eating whilst driving.
- Reading a GPS device or map.
- Stress or anxiety.
If you have been unfortunate enough to be injured in a traffic collision caused by a distracted driver, then it is likely that you may be entitled to compensation. At The Law Place, our personal injury attorneys will work to ensure you receive the best possible outcome and ensure that justice is served. Call our Englewood offices today to arrange a free initial consultation.
What Are the Best Steps to Take Following a Distracted Driving Accident in Englewood, FL?
If you are involved in a traffic collision in Englewood, then there are a number of steps you can take to ensure that your rights are protected and that you stand in the best stead when it comes to claim for any damages you have incurred. Such steps include:
- Remaining at the scene of the accident – Following a traffic collision, it is important that you check yourself and any passengers over for any injuries. It is vital that you remain at the scene of the accident, or if unsafe, then at the nearest possible safe space. As highlighted in Florida Statute 316.061, it is a requirement to remain at the scene of the accident until the police and medical professionals arrive. When talking to the police, it is likely that you will need to provide your contact details as well as details of your insurance provider.
- Seeking medical assistance – Following a car accident, it is important to seek assistance from a medical professional within 14 days from the date of the accident. If you fail to do so, then it is unlikely that you will receive any compensation for any medical expenses or bills that you have incurred.
- Contacting your insurance company – Most insurance companies in Florida require accidents to be reported as soon as possible or within 24 hours of the accident taking place.
What Are the Most Common Injuries Sustained Following a Distracted Driving Accident in Englewood, FL?
There are a number of injuries that you may sustain following a distracted driving accident. The level and severity of injuries sustained often depend on the seriousness of the crash and the circumstances surrounding the accident. Possible injuries may include:
- Sprained or broken bones.
- Head, neck, or back injuries.
- Internal bleeding or organ damage.
- Cuts, burns, or lacerations.
- Pain and suffering.
- Amputation or loss of limbs.
- Wrongful death.
No matter the injuries you may have sustained as a result of your accident, here at The Law Place, our team of car accident attorneys is here to help. We offer all our customers a free initial consultation, so don’t hesitate to give us a call to arrange yours today.
Possible Damages You Can Claim for Following a Distracted Driving Accident in Englewood, FL.
If you have been injured in a traffic accident in Englewood, FL., then it is possible that you may be able to claim for damages. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident, you may be entitled to claim for any number of the following damages:
- Medical bills and expenses – This includes any bills or expenses incurred from any past, present, or future medical appointments.
- Lost wages or earning capacity – If you have suffered from an injury that has prevented you from returning to work, then you may be entitled to claim damages that cover the cost of this.
- Property damage – If your motor vehicle or any other personal property was damaged as a result of the traffic collision, then you may be eligible to claim compensation that covers the cost of these repairs or replacements.
- Pain and suffering – If you have suffered from any emotional pain or distress as a result of a traffic collision, then it is possible that you may be entitled to claim damages for this. However, it is worthwhile noting that these damages are often hard to prove in court, and therefore it is critical that you seek representation from a car accident lawyer if you want to claim this damage.
- Wrongful death – If you are unfortunate enough to lose a loved one as a result of a distracted driving accident, then it is likely that you will be entitled to damages that cover funeral costs, loss of income, and companionship, as well as loss of consortium.
At The Law Place, we fully understand that no amount of compensation can account for the damage and stress incurred as a result of the accident. However, we hope that receiving the compensation you are deserving will help you to feel that justice has been served. Call our law firm today to receive valuable no-obligation legal advice from an Englewood car accident lawyer.
What Are the Statute of Limitations for Distracted Driving Accidents in Englewood, FL?
As highlighted in Florida Statute 95.11, the statute of limitations lays our the laws with regards to how long a victim has to take legal action following an accident. For those that have suffered injuries and damage in an accident caused by distracted driving, Florida law states that they have up to 4 years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim.
Additionally, if the distracted driving accident resulted in wrongful death, then surviving family members only have a maximum of two years to file a wrongful death claim.
Contact The Law Place in Englewood, FL., Today!
If you or a loved one has been unfortunate enough to suffer damage and injury in a car accident caused by distracted driving, then it is essential that you seek the expertise of a car accident attorney. A highly skilled accident attorney will be able to investigate your case and will work alongside you to ensure you receive compensation for any damages you have entailed.
At The Law Place in Englewood, we have a team of highly skilled accident lawyers with over 75 years of combined experience in handling cases similar to yours and dealing with the Florida legal system. Our car accident lawyers will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the best possible outcome for your case and ensure that justice is served. At our law firm, all our lawyers pride themselves on building trusting and open attorney-client relationships built on honesty. It is also worthwhile noting that many of our accident attorneys are AVVO rated 10.0, which is the highest possible rating. AVVO ratings are awarded based on a number of aspects, including trial skills, length of service, awards received, as well as client reviews and testimonials.
At our law firm, we offer all our customers a free initial consultation where we will evaluate your claim and offer comprehensive legal advice on the next best steps to take to ensure you receive the best possible outcome, and all at no obligation. Our Englewood phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so don’t hesitate to call us at a time most convenient for you, and rest assured an adept Englewood car accident lawyer will be on the other end of the line. Call us today and get started with your case today.