Motorcycles are a popular form of transport in Englewood and the State of Florida. However, unfortunately, that means that motorcycle accidents are relatively common. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website, those that drive motorcycles are 28% more likely to be involved in a fatal traffic collision in comparison to other road users.
In line with Florida law and in order to drive your vehicle on the road, it is essential for every motorist to have insurance. Without proper insurance, a motorist is likely to be unable to cover the cost of injury and damage if they were to be involved in an accident.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a road accident, then it is strongly advised to seek reputable legal representation. Here, at The Law Place, we have a highly skilled team of attorneys with an abundance of experience in handling cases like yours and dealing with the Florida legal system. An adept personal injury attorney will be able to assess your claim and will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the best possible outcome for your case. Our Englewood, FL., phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Don’t hesitate to call us at a time most convenient for you, and rest assured an adept personal injury lawyer will be on hand to help. Call us today to arrange a free consultation with a skilled personal injury lawyer.
What Are the Most Common Causes for Motorcycle Accidents in Englewood, FL?
There are a number of factors that can contribute to the causation of motorcycle accidents in the State of Florida. Some of the most common causes for motorcycle accidents are as follows:
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can often reduce a driver’s ability to concentrate, react quickly and make decisions, thus meaning that accidents are more likely to occur.
- Distracted driving – This can include looking at your mobile phone, talking to passengers, or eating and drinking whilst driving. Any activity that causes the driver to take their eyes off the road, even for a split second, greatly increases the chances of an accident taking place.
- Poor weather conditions – Heavy rain, fog, and snow can often impair the driver’s vision of the road and impact the vehicle’s braking speed, which can make driving safely much more challenging.
- Vehicle malfunctions – Every driver has a duty of care to other road users. This duty of care involves being aware of their surroundings and other vehicle users when taking to the roads as well as checking that their vehicle is properly maintained and road-worthy at all times.
- Reckless driving – Operating a vehicle in a dangerous manner, such as speeding or driving carelessly, is considered to be reckless driving.
Regardless of the cause of the motorcycle accident, if you were unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, then you may be entitled to compensation. Contact The Law Place today to arrange a free initial consultation with an adept accident lawyer.
Common Injuries Sustained From a Motorcycle Accident in Englewood, FL.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding the motorcycle accident, injuries can range from minor to severe. Some of the most common injuries sustained following a motorcycle accident are:
- Injuries to the head or neck.
- Fractured or broken bones.
- Injuries to the back or spinal cord.
- Cuts, lacerations, or scars.
- Burns or bruises.
- Internal bleeding.
- Emotional distress, pain, and suffering.
- Internal organ damage.
- Soft tissue injuries.
- Wrongful death.
If you have suffered personal injury as a result of a motorcycle accident, then it is likely that you will be able to claim compensation for your injuries. Contact our law firm today to speak to a personal injury lawyer and find out what damages you may be able to claim compensation for.
What Damages May I Be Able to Claim Following a Motorcycle Accident?
Following an accident with an uninsured motorcycle, it is strongly advised to seek legal representation from a reputable personal injury lawyer. Depending on the damage and injury caused, your attorney will be able to assess what damages you may be able to claim compensation for. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident, an accident attorney may be able to claim for any number of the following damages:
- Medical bills and expenses – This includes any medical bills from the past, present, and future, as well as any expenses incurred from traveling to and from those appointments.
- Loss of income or earning capacity – If the motorcycle accident has prevented you from returning to work, then you may be entitled to claim compensation that covers the loss of earnings.
- Property damage – If your vehicle or any personal items are damaged as a result of the accident, you may be able to claim compensation that covers the cost of repairs or replacements.
- Pain and suffering – There is no doubt that accidents can cause emotional distress and mental trauma. If this distress has prevented you from living the life you once lived before the accident, then you may be entitled to compensation.
- Wrongful death – If you are unfortunate enough to lose a loved one as a result of a motorcycle accident, then you will be entitled to claim compensation that covers any funeral expenses, loss of income, as well as loss of consortium.
At The Law Place, we understand how daunting and complex the Florida legal system can be, which is why our lawyers will be there every step of the way to support you with your case. An adept accident attorney will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the best possible outcome for your case, which may result in receiving compensation for any damages you have incurred. Don’t hesitate to call our offices in Englewood today to arrange a free initial consultation.
What Are the Insurance Laws in Englewood, FL?
It is vitally important for any vehicle that takes to the road to be fully insured. The State of Florida itself is classed as a no-fault state. This means that if any individual wants to file a personal injury claim, then they must do so through their insurance company.
It is important to note that drivers of vehicles with four wheels or more are also required to have personal injury insurance, more commonly known as PIP. However, motorcyclists are not required to have this type of insurance cover.
Following a traffic collision, in order to find out if you are covered by an insurance policy, it is strongly advised to seek advice from a reputable personal injury lawyer. An accident attorney will be able to assess if you are covered by an insurance policy and will do their utmost best to ensure you receive the pay-out that you are entitled to.
It is also worthwhile noting that under Florida Statue 95.11, the statute of limitations allows up to four years from the date of an accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, at The Law Place, we strongly advise seeking legal representation as soon as possible after the accident. The sooner you take action following a traffic collision, then the greater your chances of success. Call our offices in Englewood today to receive valuable legal advice from a reputable personal injury lawyer, and all at no obligation.
Contact The Law Place in Englewood Today!
If you or someone you know has been involved in an accident with an uninsured motorcyclist, then it is important to seek legal advice as soon as you possibly can following the incident. A personal injury lawyer will be able to assess which damages you may be liable to claim for and will work tirelessly to ensure you receive any compensation that you may be entitled to.
At The Law Place, our team of accident attorneys has over 75 years of collective legal experience in handling personal injury lawsuits similar to yours. Many of our attorneys are also AVVO rated 10.0, which is the highest possible rating, so you can relax in the knowledge that your case will be left in knowledgeable and competent hands. This rating is awarded based on trial skills, length of service, awards received, as well as client testimonials and reviews.
Our Englewood, FL., offices are open around the clock, so feel free to call us at a time most convenient for you, and rest assured, an adept accident attorney will be on hand to help. Call us today to arrange a free consultation with a highly skilled personal injury lawyer.