In Florida, car accidents are a common occurrence. The place known to have the most frequent crashes in Florida is intersections.
Suppose you have been unfortunate enough to get into a car accident at an intersection. In that case, there’s a chance you could have attained a life-changing injury. Or, if you know somebody who has been affected by a collision involving an intersection, the consequences of this could have resulted in you losing a loved one.
If you are going to attempt to receive compensation for a collision you were involved in that took place at an intersection, then you will need a legal representative to stand up for you in court and fight for your claim.
Our attorneys here at The Law Place are highly experienced and want to help you by fighting for the compensation that you’re owed. With over seventy-five years of combined experience and expert knowledge, our car accident lawyers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to answer any questions that you may have. We will offer you a free consultation upon calling us, giving you all the legal advice you could need.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation. There will always be an attorney at our law firm who is ready to talk to you.
In This Article
- Factors Increasing Danger on an Intersection
- Physical Injuries From an Intersection Accident
- Common Types of Accidents at Intersections
- Florida Insurance Laws
- What Should I Be Entitled to?
- What Can The Law Place Do for Me?
- Call Us Today
Factors Increasing Danger on an Intersection
Many aspects could lead to an accident at an intersection, such as busy roads in Florida. Some factors that could increase the chances of having an accident at a meeting of two junctions are:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol – Drinking can cause a person’s reaction time to be much slower than normal.
- Driving under the influence of drugs – Depending on the type of drug, recreational drugs can be known to cause hallucinations, blurred vision, and again slow reaction time
- The driver was tired – Falling asleep at the wheel or fatigued driving can cause an accident.
- The driver was looking at their cell phone – While driving, this can cause them to lose concentration and crash.
- The driver was looking in the mirror – Causing the diver to become distracted.
- Pedestrians – There could have been passing pedestrians, causing an emergency brake, which could result in a pile-up of cars.
- Reckless or dangerous driving – Disregarding others on the road is very dangerous.
All of the above can be contributing factors in causing a car accident at an intersection and can cause potentially life-threatening injuries to those involved. It is crucial to have the legal representation of a car accident attorney who knows all of the law’s ins and outs. This will ensure that we will not miss out on any details that could be vital in you receiving the compensation you want. Contact one of our car accident lawyers now for a free consultation.
Physical Injuries From an Intersection Accident
If you have suffered a personal injury, this means that you have suffered injuries caused by an accident that wasn’t your fault. There might be several injuries that you have endured if you were involved in an intersection accident, which could cause long-lasting problems.
In some worst scenarios, you may have been involved in or know somebody who has been involved in an auto accident, where there was a possibility of a fatality for the person concerned.
Some typical examples of injuries you might have attained from an intersection accident include:
- Brain injury – Leading to brain damage affecting speech, balance, and brain function.
- Broken bones – Including bone fractures, shattering, or crushing.
- Chest injuries – Often caused by the seat belt.
- Whiplash – As well as other types of neck injuries are very common.
- Minor to severe burns – This could result in the victim involved having to get skin grafts.
- Loss of blood – From severe cuts.
- Internal bleeding – As well as damage to organs.
- Amputation – Injuries resulting in loss of limbs.
- Spinal cord injuries – This could also lead to paralysis.
We understand how life-changing some of the injuries above can be, and if you have been unfortunate enough to end up with life-changing injuries, you will need compensation to help you cover the costs. With a free consultation, we can answer all of your questions.
Common Types of Accidents at Intersections
Accidents at intersections are increased by contributing factors, adding to the risk of crashes. The risk of a car accident is also higher if others are driving negligently. A few types of crashes that could happen on a meeting of junctions are:
- T-bone crashes.
- Head-on crashes.
- Crashes involving a pedestrian.
- Rear-end collisions.
Many other factors can contribute to the severity of a crash, such as:
- Poor weather – Heavy rain causing the roads to become slippery, increasing the chance of drivers losing control of the car. It can also reduce visibility.
- Speeding – The speed at which the driver was going will determine the force of the impact in the collision.
- Low vehicle maintenance – For example, a driver might have had a broken tail light, causing other drivers not to know that they were braking, and as a result, causing a crash.
- Road maintenance issues – For example, broken traffic lights or missing road signs.
Florida Insurance Laws
Florida Statute 627.7407 states that you must seek compensation from your own insurance company first. You should initially receive payment from your own insurance company for any injuries, even if the incident was not your fault.
Insurance companies usually have a limit that they will settle out if there has been a car accident. If the insurance’s standard limit is exceeded, then seeking compensation would be the only way to pay for your damages.
The usual process of going through a crash consists of:
- Calling the police or emergency services immediately.
- Taking the details of any other drivers involved in the incident so that you can later get in touch with them.
- Contacting your insurance company and informing them of the crash.
You must take these steps if you want to pursue compensation. Our North Port accident attorneys are ready to handle your case.
What Should I Be Entitled to?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer a personal injury, you could be paid compensation for potential damages. There are many different types of compensation. The type of personal injury you have received, the aftermath, and the inconvenience it caused you, will determine what kind of payment you could receive.
You may wish your attorney to settle some compensation for:
- Medical bills – For the time you spent in the hospital recovering from your injuries.
- Lost wages – When you had to take time off work for your injuries.
- Pain and suffering – Includes things like trauma and mental anguish. It is common to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after being in a crash.
- Wrongful death – If there was a fatality in an accident.
Suppose you want to receive the compensation you deserve for your suffering after a car crash at an intersection known to be dangerous. In that case, you might need the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer. We will work tirelessly to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
What Can The Law Place Do for Me?
If you have been affected by a car crash at an intersection, you should reach out to our law firm for legal advice. Our attorneys are here to answer any questions you may have, as we understand how complex the law can be, especially if you are unfamiliar with it.
With over seventy-five years of combined experience, our attorneys here at The Law Place are highly qualified to handle your case. Each person’s experience of a crash will be different from the next, but we can put our knowledge to work for you and help you achieve the best outcome possible for you.
You will need a highly trained personal injury attorney to go through your case with you step by step, answering any questions along the way that you may have.
Call Us Today
If you are going to stand a chance at receiving compensation, you will need the assistance of a personal injury attorney to help defend your case in court and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call us now and receive a free consultation with one of our approachable attorneys here at The Law Place. We understand that reminiscing on the car crash can be potentially traumatic for a client, especially if you are calling regarding the wrongful death of a loved one. The lawyers here at our law firm will support you and listen to your case, and you can rest assured that all of our client’s private information is held with confidentially.
Please do not hesitate to call us today at (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation anytime that best suits you. Our attorneys look forward to hearing from you.