When a multiple-vehicle collision happens, there is a huge risk of serious injury or even fatality to those involved. The impact of multiple vehicles can often cause a lot more damage than a single-vehicle accident. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), over half of the fatalities caused by road accidents in 2019 were caused by multiple vehicle accidents.
Due to the numerous parties involved in these collisions, determining who the negligent party is can become quite difficult. If you or a loved one have been involved in a multiple-vehicle accident in North Port, Florida, getting help from a personal injury lawyer is essential.
Our car accident lawyers at The Law Place are here to help you. Our law firm has over 75 years of combined experience in dealing with car accident cases, including those involving multiple vehicles. Our team can provide you with comprehensive advice, ensuring that you are duly compensated for any personal injury you have suffered.
Call our law firm today for a free consultation at (941) 444-4444 with one of our skilled lawyers. Phone lines are open 24/7.
Factors That Often Cause Multiple Vehicle Car Accidents in North Port, FL.
As there are multiple parties involved, there are many reasons that a multiple-vehicle car accident could happen. Some of the most frequent contributing factors to these accidents are:
- Distracted driving – Driving distracted is a major cause of car accidents in Florida. Many drivers take their eyes off the road to use their cellphone, talk to a passenger in the car, or eat. Even if a driver diverts their attention off the road for a split second, the likelihood of a collision occurring increases massively.
- Driving while intoxicated – In Florida, and all throughout the United States, driving under the influence is forbidden under the law. If you are intoxicated, your ability to react quickly decreases. Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs can mean you become drowsy, your decision-making ability is worsened, and your vision is altered.
- Bad weather and road conditions – When weather conditions are bad, the likelihood of a motor vehicle accident happening increases. Heavy rain, snow, fog, and icy roads can create a dangerous driving environment.
- Fatigue – Many motorists are required to drive for long periods of time, including truck drivers and delivery drivers. If they don’t take enough rests, or are unable to do so, this can result in drowsiness, leading to an accident.
- Reckless driving – Motorists who drive without considering other road users play a major role in multiple-vehicle collisions. Failing to follow the rules of the road by speeding, tailgating, running red-lights, or weaving through traffic puts every other driver at risk.
- Vehicle malfunction – If a vehicle is not properly maintained or has a manufacturing defect, this may result in a collision.
In multiple-vehicle accidents, assessing who was at fault can be difficult. At The Law Place, our team of car accident lawyers is experienced in dealing with these types of cases. We can investigate the case for you to try and determine who is at fault. If you contact us for a free consultation today, our team of lawyers can evaluate whether you are eligible to claim compensation for your North Port car accident.
Injuries That Are Commonly Sustained in a Multiple Vehicle Accident
In a multiple-vehicle accident, the impact sustained is usually far greater than from a single-vehicle accident. When these accidents happen, the likelihood of sustaining serious personal injuries increases. Some of the most frequent injuries that occur during these collisions include:
- Head injuries including traumatic brain injuries.
- Injuries to the spinal cord.
- Neck injuries.
- Broken and fractured bones.
- Internal bleeding.
- Damage to internal organs.
- Bruises, lacerations to the skin and general pain.
- Torn ligaments.
- Wrongful death.
In addition to physical injury, multiple-vehicle car accidents can have an effect on mental health. This can include emotional distress and trauma, particularly when there has been a fatality.
These collisions can also cause serious damage to your personal property, including the vehicle itself and any valuable items that were contained inside your vehicle at the time of the accident.
Assigning Liability in a Multiple Vehicle Accident in North Port, FL.
Establishing liability in multiple-vehicle accident cases can be difficult. Due to the number of parties involved, there can be ambiguity surrounding who the at-fault party was. People are likely to have their own version of what happened, and the facts can sometimes be unclear. However, it is necessary that liability is established in order for a claim to be made. A car accident lawyer can help investigate the incident and determine who the at-fault party was.
In Florida, the state follows a system of comparative negligence. This means that where more than one driver is involved in a collision, it is possible for more than one party to be liable. This can create difficulty when trying to claim compensation as the amount you are owed will be proportionate to how much each party was at fault.
Additionally, in order to prove fault, it is necessary to gather evidence against each party. This can include eyewitness reports, police reports, and any physical evidence at the scene. In these situations, getting in contact with a personal injury lawyer is important as they can help investigate your case, determine who was at fault, and assess how much compensation you are owed from each party.
Damages You May Be Owed
If you were involved in a North Port car accident, there are a number of damages that you may be owed. These can include:
- Medical bills.
- Lost wages, including past and future wages.
- Damage to your property.
- Pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death.
The damage sustained in a multiple-vehicle accident can be severe. These effects can be both physical and mental and can have life-long consequences. If you have been a victim of a collision, get in contact with a car accident lawyer in North Port today, and we will fight for the compensation you are owed.
What Can a North Port Lawyer Do for You?
Collisions involving multiple parties can make it difficult to claim compensation. This is due to a number of reasons, including:
- More than one party may have been injured.
- There may be more than one insurance company involved, and most insurance companies will try to minimize what they pay to victims.
- More than one party involved in the incident may be liable for damages.
- Parties may have taken out the minimum insurance with their insurance company, and there may not be enough to compensate everyone.
- The investigation process may take longer due to cross-claims of negligence.
In multiple-vehicle accidents, insurance companies are often hesitant to pay out, and instead, victims are forced to go down the legal route to claim compensation. This can cause added stress and may even result in a case carrying on for years. Having the assistance of a lawyer in North Port, Florida, can prevent you from being treated unfairly by an insurance company and can make the process of claiming compensation much less stressful.
Contact The Law Place Today!
Here at The Law Place, we are experienced in dealing with car accident cases, including multiple-vehicle collisions. Our law firm has over 75 years of combined experience and can provide you with skilled and honest advice. If you or a loved one has been injured or suffered damage to your property as a result of a North Port car accident, you should contact us today.
It is easy in these situations for an insurance company to try and prevent victims from getting the compensation they deserve. At The Law Place, a North Port car accident lawyer from our law firm will take over and investigate your case on your behalf. Let us fight for your right to compensation.
Call us today on (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation with a lawyer from our law firm who will give you the help and advice you need to win your case. Phone lines are open 24/7.