One of the main causes of car accidents is when a driver performs improper turns or fails to signal. The damage and personal injuries caused in an improper turn accident have the potential to be very serious for all people involved, and it can even result in someone losing their life.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that one of the top five reasons for a car accident to occur is drivers that make a turn without signaling. If you or someone you know was hurt in a car accident due to another driver making an improper turn, then you could be entitled to compensation.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of combined experience working under personal injury law in North Port and across the State of Florida. Our law firm understands the intricacies of handling personal injury claims for clients who have been involved in different types of car accidents. Our team of car accident lawyers will guide you through the legal and fight to recover the compensation that you are owed from the at-fault party.
Call our office today to set up a free consultation, in which a personal injury lawyer will discuss the details of your case and offer you some unbiased advice on the smartest move to make following your improper turns accident in North Port.
Contact The Law Place now on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation, and we will fight to win the compensation that you deserve for your improper turns accident in North Port.
What Is an Improper Turn?
When a driver changes lanes without signaling, they immediately become a danger on the road. In other words, they are unpredictable and could cause an accident at any time. The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) reported that drivers do not signal when they are changing lanes up to 50% of the time, and drivers do not signal when they are making a turn up to 25% of the time.
An improper turn refers to a car that changes lanes or makes a turn without signaling. Here are some of the most common actions that are classed as an improper turn:
- A left turn at a right light.
- A turn at a red light when a sign clearly states that no turns are allowed.
- A turn when you do not have the right of way.
- Failing to stop at a stop sign and still performing a turn.
Every single one of these maneuvers could lead to a disastrous car accident and result in serious pain and suffering for the people involved. A vehicle that performs an improper turn could even end up in the middle of oncoming traffic and create a T-bone accident, which can cause injuries such as whiplash, soft tissue damage, and more.
Why Do Improper Turn Accidents Happen?
Car accidents could be avoided if every driver wasn’t reckless or breaking the rules of the road. At times, a driver can lack concentration, which is why it is important to remain aware behind the wheel and consider the safety of other road users.
If you or someone you know was involved in an accident involving improper tuns, then you will need a car accident lawyer to guide you through the legal system and support you in your time of need. Contact The Law Place today to schedule a free consultation, in which our team of personal injury lawyers will explain your legal rights to you and how we can be of service to you.
What to Do After an Improper Turns Accident in North Port, FL.
- Remain on the scene – Following a car accident caused by another driver making an improper turn, the most important action to take is to move away from oncoming traffic and to a safe spot near the scene of the crash.
- Check for injuries – It is essential that you put your health and safety first after experiencing a collision with another vehicle. Remember to check yourself over for injuries and check on anyone else involved in the accident.
- Call the police – Pick up your phone and call the police to the scene of the accident, as required by Florida Statute 316.062. The police officers will investigate the scene of the crash and file a report that may help you in your personal injury claim later.
- Collect evidence – If you are uninjured, do your best to collect evidence at the scene of the accident. Take pictures of the crash, damaged vehicles, road marks, injuries, and anything else that might be relevant.
- Eyewitnesses – If there are any eyewitnesses to the crash, then speak to them and gather their contact information (name, phone number, address), as they might be willing to provide a statement to support your personal injury claim later.
- Notify your insurance company – After the accident, you must reach out to your insurance company to notify them of the accident. Remember not to share any specifics about the crash, as they might use this information against you to offer you less compensation than you deserve. Talk to your personal injury attorney, as they can call your insurance company on your behalf.
- Hire a car accident lawyer – The Law Place has the necessary experience and knowledge to deal with car accident cases like yours, and we will provide the support and guidance that you need to get through this difficult time. Our team of car accident lawyers will be at your side and explain the process to you every step of the way.
Types of Injuries Caused in an Improper Turn Accident
Any type of car accident has the potential to be disastrous and result in serious injuries for all the people involved. There are many accidents that could cause minor to severe injuries, while other cases could possibly take someone’s life under extreme circumstances. In this case, the surviving family will be able to file a claim to recover compensation for the loss of their loved one under Florida Statute 768.21.
Here are the most common types of injuries caused by improper turn accidents:
- Neck and back injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Brain damage.
Compensation for Improper Turn Accidents
It is not fair that you should be forced to pay for medical bills and other expenses caused by the improper turn made by another driver. A personal injury lawyer from The Law Place will be able to investigate your accident to determine who the negligent party was and estimate the amount of compensation that you are entitled to receive.
Our team of car accident lawyers will secure these different types of compensation for you:
- Medical bills – We will secure past, present, and future medical expenses, such as hospital treatments, prescription medication, physical therapy, and more.
- Lost wages – We will secure any lost income and potential future earnings since you may have been unable to work due to the accident.
- Pain and suffering – We will secure compensation for any emotional distress, mental anguish, depression, or loss of quality of life following your accident.
- Wrongful death – We would secure funeral expenses, medical bills, pain and suffering, and loss of consortium compensation if you lost a loved one in an improper turns accident.
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) in North Port, FL.
The State of Florida works according to no-fault laws, as explained in Florida Statute 627.7407. In other words, you must seek compensation from your own insurance company at first, regardless of whether another driver was at fault for the improper turns crash.
It is mandatory that you carry a $10,000 minimum in personal injury protection (PIP) insurance and an additional $10,000 for property damage as outlined in Florida Statute 627.736. Your insurance company will pay up to 80% of your medical expenses and property damage, according to the limits of your policy agreement.
However, your expenses are likely to exceed this amount. Especially if you were injured in an accident that involved a driver who made an improper turn, in addition, your damages might include lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. In other words, you will also have to seek compensation from the insurance company of the at-fault driver in order to cover all of your remaining expenses that your personal injury protection (PIP) does not cover.
Always be cautious when speaking to your insurance company. Their main priority is to make a profit, and they will try to offer you less compensation than you deserve following your improper turns accident. Remember to not make an admission of guilt regarding your crash. Keep it simple, or let your car accident lawyer do all the talking.
What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Do for an Improper Turns Accident in North Port, FL?
Hiring a personal injury lawyer will offer you the support and guidance that you need during this difficult time. A personal injury lawyer from The Law Place will become your greatest advocate in pursuing your claim. We believe that you should not have to pay the price for another driver’s reckless behavior behind the wheel, and we will hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions.
There are several steps that you can take to protect your legal rights. The first step is to hire a personal injury lawyer from The Law Place, and they will explain how your case will likely be structured.
- Pick up your phone to call The Law Place today in North Port. Our team of personal injury lawyers can offer you a free consultation, in which they will ask you a series of questions about your accident to get an idea of how we can help you. Then we will give you some honest and unbiased advice on how you should approach your case and what to do next.
- If you decide to put your faith and trust in us, then we will call you in again for a longer meeting. We will clearly explain how our fee structure works and investigate the more intricate details of your case. Once you feel comfortable with the agreement, we will get you to sign an official document.
- This is where you can start to relax, as The Law Place is now dedicated to your cause. Our team of personal injury lawyers will provide representation for your case and complete all the necessary paperwork. In addition, they will investigate the scene of the accident, speak to eyewitnesses, and gather facts together. We will work to develop a strong personal injury claim that will ensure your success in winning compensation.
- As soon as your case has been developed, our team of personal injury lawyers will estimate the amount of compensation that you are owed and negotiate with the insurance company. We will wait for a settlement response in return, which you can agree to sign if you are content with the amount that is being offered. However, if you are not happy with the settlement offer, then we will continue to negotiate for a higher amount of compensation.
- If we are unable to agree on a reasonable settlement, then our law firm will be prepared to take your case to court to convince the judge and jury of the compensation that you deserve. However, most cases are usually settled without having to go to court.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you suffered the impact of an improper turns accident, such as a left turn accident, then you could be eligible to receive compensation in North Port. The consequences of an improper turn accident can be very serious, and you must seek legal representation as soon as possible to protect your rights.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of collective experience helping people who have suffered injuries due to the negligence of another driver in North Port and throughout the State of Florida. Our law firm has the necessary knowledge of car accidents to guide you through the legal system and develop a personal injury claim that will be tailored just for you.
Get in touch with The Law Place today by picking up your phone and speaking to a personal injury lawyer in North Port. We can offer you a free case evaluation today, in which a lawyer will discuss the facts surrounding your case and answer all of your questions concerning the crash.
Contact The Law Place now on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation, and we will fight to win the compensation that you deserve for your improper turns accident in North Port. Phone lines are open 24/7.