Car accidents are a common occurrence in North Port, FL., and depending on the type of crash that you were involved in, the consequences can be life-threatening.
Side impact collisions can also be referred to as T-bone accidents depending on where the car is impacted, which are common types of accidents involving one car colliding into the side of another. These crashes can potentially be very dangerous, and the aftermath of such a collision can be severe and result in heavy damages.
If you have been unfortunate enough to have been in a crash, then you will need to seek the advice of a highly experienced personal injury lawyer from a well-established, highly rated law firm. All of our lawyers are experienced in many areas, including personal injury. Therefore, we can fight for the compensation that you deserve.
There will be no fees to pay unless we win compensation for you, as we work on a no-win-no-fee basis. Our lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us at a time that best suits you. Our car accident lawyers are ready to put their hard work to use for you. What have you got to lose?
Put your mind at rest and contact us for a free consultation on (941) 444-4444.
Side Impact Collisions
A side-impact collision is when a vehicle’s side has been impacted by one or more vehicles in a crash. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration states that the number of side collision crashes has gone up by 20% in the last 20 years. There are many factors as to why there has been such an increase in car accidents.
The positioning of the motorist or any passengers in the car at the time of the crash and where the car was hit can all determine the types of injuries you may have sustained.
Potential Causes of a Side-Impact Collision
Side collision car accidents happen all around the State of Florida. There are many different reasons for T-bone collisions in North Port, FL., and other potential factors that contribute to the chance of being involved in a side-impact car crash. Some of these include:
- Wrongly switching road lanes – Side switching includes trying to overtake or undertake somebody on a road or highway.
- Distracted drivers – A driver might get distracted by other cars on the road or due to checking their cell phone.
- Dangerous or angry driving – Another driver on the road may be driving recklessly.
- Driving under the influence of drugs/alcohol – Another motorist driving under the influence (DUI) will affect their judgment of the road, slow their reaction time, affect their vision, and can even cause hallucinations.
- Bad weather – A heavy rainstorm or fog could cause the driver to have poor visibility of others coming on the road.
- Car malfunction – Broken taillights or indicators could cause a motorist not to indicate if he is going left or right, causing two cars to collide into each other.
All of the above are seen as some of the most common reasons for side collisions. If you are going to claim compensation for injuries and a damaged motor vehicle, you will need an experienced injury lawyer to investigate all the evidence of the crash and build a strong claim for you to claim the damages that you deserve.
Other Types of Common Car Accidents
Side collisions are a frequent type of crash, but other crashes are also common and happen almost daily. A few of these different types of crashes are:
- Rear-end collisions – This is when the motorist has been shunted from behind. These types of crashes can cause whoever was involved to end up with injuries like whiplash. Rear-end collisions can also result in damages to the rear end of the car. Rear-end collisions are considered to be one of the most common types of crashes.
- Low-speed collisions – These are crashes that occur when a motorist is driving slowly, e.g., when a person is pulling out on a junction or going round a roundabout. Another example of a low-speed collision could be in a parking lot where a car is pulling out and crashes into another motor vehicle.
- Side switching accident – This consists of two people trying to switch lanes or overtake/ undertake incorrectly, resulting in the driver colliding into the vehicle.
- Rollover accident – Car crashes that consist of either a car, truck, or any other vehicle rolling or flipping upside side down.
Some of these accidents can be life-threatening and leave whoever is involved coping with severe pain and suffering. If you have been in an accident similar to the examples listed above, then we understand the type of damages that could have happened to your car, the wages you have lost due to being too injured to work, and the injuries you may have sustained.
That is why it is essential to get a Florida personal injury attorney’s assistance to fight for the compensation you are entitled to and deserve.
Types of Injuries Sustained From a Side Collision
Many common injuries sustained from side collisions can affect motorists, passengers, or pedestrians. These injuries range from minor to more severe and could include amputations or even paralysis. Some more examples of potentially sustainable injuries are:
- Whiplash or neck injuries.
- Spine injury or back injury.
- Severe injury to limbs or crushing of bones, which could result in amputation.
- Injuries resulting in nerve damage.
- Hip and leg injuries.
Some of these injuries can be life-changing and even affect your ability to work, resulting in lost wages or being unable to enjoy activities you previously undertook. If you or somebody you know has been in a car accident that’s caused you injuries and has affected your day-to-day life, you could be entitled to some compensation for your struggles.
What Steps to Take if Involved in a Collision
If you have been unfortunate enough to be involved in a car accident, you must take the right steps to deal with it correctly. A typical step by step process when in a crash is to:
- Call the police or (emergency services) – You must immediately report the crash to the police and inform them of the accident. This will ensure that the police have recorded the crash and will add evidence of the crash to your claim. If anybody on the accident scene is injured, you must ring for emergency services, such as an ambulance.
- Evidence of the crash – Be sure to take as many photographs as possible to gain evidence of the crash, which can later be used as evidence for your claim. It is also important to get the details and a statement from everybody involved in the collision.
- Inform your insurance company – Call your insurance company and inform them of the collision, but be careful what you say.
- Contact a law attorney – If you are going to file a claim to receive compensation for any damages or medical expenses, you will need the proper legal representation from a personal injury attorney.
Our personal injury attorneys are available at all hours for you to receive a free consultation. Call today.
Why Do I Need an Attorney?
Suppose you have been unfortunate enough to have been involved in a side-impact collision. In that case, you might have endured pain suffering, substantial medical bills, lost wages from the time off work with your injuries, and other mental trauma.
The Law Place understands how complex the law can be. That is why our attorneys will work your case for you with the highest sensitivity. We know how to build good relationships with our clients and believe it is vital that you can trust your attorney. A strong attorney-client relationship will help us better understand the accident’s events and achieve the most acceptable outcome for you. Our accident lawyers will look into the accident’s fine details, and we will work tirelessly to achieve the compensation that you deserve for your damages.
If you have been a victim of an accident that wasn’t your fault, then our team at The Law Place will build a strong case for you, which could help you gain the compensation you deserve and act as some form of justice for the pain and suffering you have endured. No case is too tough for us.
Contact Us Today for Free
We understand how frustrating it can be to be involved in a side collision accident. You might even be experiencing some post-traumatic stress at this time and find it difficult to talk about the accident that took place. But our personal injury lawyers urge you to go ahead and contact us today to gain the compensation that you deserve. You should claim what you are entitled to, especially if you have sustained life-changing injuries.
Once you have called one of our personal injury lawyers, you will receive a free consultation. This will give you a chance to ask us any questions that you may have, as we understand there may be many aspects of the law that seem unclear if you are not familiar with it.
Put your mind at ease today and contact The Law Place. There is always somebody to answer your call as our lines are always open for you to contact us.
Call us on (941) 444-4444. We are waiting to begin work on your case for you by fighting to get you the compensation that you deserve.