Car accidents happen all across Florida on a daily basis. However, intersections are especially dangerous locations in Fort Myers, Florida, and the neighboring area. These types of locations are even more hazardous if the driver behind the wheel is tired, unfocused, or driving under the influence of alcohol and/ or drugs. All car accidents have negative implications, but accidents that occur at intersections can be more severe, resulting in an injury that could change your life. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident at an intersection, then you may be due compensation, especially if the other driver was being negligent.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with a personal injury lawyer at The Law Place if you have been a victim of an intersection accident. To seek professional guidance and an initial free consultation, call us at (941) 444-4444.
Dangerous Intersections in Lee County, Florida
Florida, alarmingly, is fourth out of the top ten states when it comes to fatal car crashes at intersections. This may be because there are various hazardous intersections within Lee County and Cape Coral, Florida. To list some examples:
- Kismet Parkway and 24th Avenue
- Veterans Parkway, in Cape Coral
- Del Prado Boulevard, in Cape Coral
- Colonial Boulevard
- Six Mile Cypress
- College Parkway
- Pine Island Road, in North Fort Myers
Intersection accidents can occur anywhere. However, it is important to highlight that intersections in Fort Myers have been listed as dangerous, especially the Fort Myers Beach intersection. Being behind the wheel of a car comes with risks, and there are many dangerous hazards that you can encounter. Not only do you have to trust your ability, but also the ability of other drivers. If another driver is found to be negligent, which resulted in an accident, it may be you who will suffer the consequences.
If you have been involved in such an accident, we advise that you seek legal representation. An experienced and knowledgeable personal injury attorney from The Law Place can help by offering advice on how to proceed.
For a free legal consultation with a dangerous intersections accidents lawyer serving Fort Myers, call 941-444-4444
Factors That Make Fort Myers Intersections Dangerous
- Unfocussed driving – Drivers can become unfocussed on the route ahead if they are using their cell phone, adjusting the radio, or even from engaging in conversation with another passenger. Various distractions can make us unfocused, which in turn can result in an accident.
- Uncertain driving – If you are driving in a new area, you may be attempting to follow your navigational device. However, you may still be unsure and not use the intersection the right way, resulting in a potential collision.
- Driving whilst intoxicated – If you are driving under the influence of a substance such as alcohol or drugs, then your reaction time will be a lot slower than normal. This can cause you to collide with another vehicle at an intersection.
- Reckless driving – A reckless driver may be someone that is impatient or is generally someone that drives too fast and doesn’t abide by the speed limits. If someone drives recklessly as they approach an intersection, it could result in a fatal crash.
- Not stopping – Failing to abide by stop signs or traffic light signals can also risk causing an accident to happen.
- Pedestrians – Intersections are in place to ensure safe traffic flow. However, some intersections may also have pedestrian crossings. If a pedestrian suddenly steps out, this may cause you to slam your foot on your break, which could result in a pile-up.
As it has been shown, there are various factors in place that make an intersection hazardous, with drivers and pedestrians maneuvering in numerous directions. Also, if pedestrians are involved in an accident, the injuries can be life-threatening, resulting in death. The Cape Coral-Fort Myers location has been highlighted as one of the most dangerous intersections for drivers and pedestrians alike.
You are deserving of compensation if you have been involved in an incident that happened at an intersection. Our attorneys at The Law Place are readily available to assist you with your case.
Fort Myers Dangerous Intersections Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Damages You Could Claim Compensation For
Drivers in Florida are responsible for their actions behind the wheel and have a duty of care. This duty of care means that they must drive sensibly by abiding by the rules of the road. Not only will this keep them safe, but it will also ensure the safety of other drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians. If someone has failed to respect this duty of care, then it could cause an accident, which will result in various damages that they may be accountable for.
There are various types of damages that you can claim compensation for within Fort Myers, FL.
- Medical costs – This is inclusive of any medical invoices that have already been paid for or that you might pay for in the future. This will also cover the price of transportation to attend hospital appointments relating to the accident.
- Property damage – If your car has been written off or damaged in the car accident, then you could potentially claim monetary compensation to pay for the repairs.
- Loss of earnings – If you missed work as a result of a car accident, you could claim for loss of wages, past, present, or future.
- Pain and suffering – Not all injuries are visible to the eye. A car accident can result in post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). However, these types of damages are seen as subjective and can be difficult to prove, hence why we advise you have an attorney to represent your case.
- Loss of a loved one – You can claim compensation to cover burial costs and also for loss of wages.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a Fort Myers car accident at an intersection, then you might be able to claim compensation to cover costs. If you are uncertain whether you can claim, then it is best to seek legal advice from a reputable law firm such as The Law Place.
How Can The Law Place Assist Me?
Upon contacting The Law Place, you will be initially offered a free consultation that will provide you with information on how you can proceed. If you wish for us to represent you, then a second meeting will be arranged, where we will carry out an in-depth conversation.
In this meeting, we will also discuss our payment structure and how we would move forward with the case. At this stage, you can still decide not to proceed with us representing you. However, if you wish for us to represent you, then we will carry out an investigation to build your case.
Most car accident cases in Fort Myers can be settled without having to go to court. However, if your insurance provider cannot agree on a fair settlement, then you might want to take it to court in order to receive the compensation you deserve. An experienced attorney will ensure they have all the facts and evidence needed to represent you, giving you a fighting chance.
If you are concerned about the financial implications of hiring a personal injury attorney in Fort Myers, Florida, do not fret. Here at The Law Place, we work on a contingency basis, meaning that if the case is successful, we will deduct our costs from the settlement fee you receive. In the rare situation that you do not receive compensation, then your whole case will be free of charge.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Law Place
Unfortunately, car accidents happen on a daily basis, and it has been recorded that many car accidents happen at intersections in Fort Myers. If you have been involved in a car accident in Fort Myers, Florida, then you might be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. Here at The Law Place, we have the experience and knowledge required to successfully deal with car accidents in Florida. Our team is committed to fighting in your corner. If you believe that you are entitled to compensation, then contact us today for a free consultation at (941) 444-4444.