An intersection is an area of the roadway or junction whereby two or more roads cross and meet; they are also the source of multiple auto accidents each year in Florida. According to data provided by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), approximately 2.5 million accidents occur at intersections each year throughout the United States.
Intersection crashes account for 4 out of every ten collisions and five out of every ten serious crashes in America. U.S 19 specifically is one of the most dangerous roads in Clearwater, Pinellas County – the U.S 19 and Gulf-to-Bay intersection experiences roughly 100 accidents a year (that is one accident every three days).
If you or your loved one have been a victim of an auto accident at a dangerous intersection in Clearwater and believe you could be owed compensation call us today. Here at The Law Place, our team of experienced personal injury lawyers possesses 75 years of combined experience. Our law firm offers a free consultation to establish as to whether you have a valid case and discuss your future legal journey. Contact us today at our Clearwater office by calling (941) 444-4444.
In This Article
- Factors That Make a Clearwater Intersection Dangerous
- The Most Dangerous Intersections in Clearwater, Florida.
- Common Injuries Following a Dangerous Intersections Accident
- Damages Available Following a Clearwater Car Accident
- How an Experienced Clearwater Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
- Time Is of the Essence
- Contact The Law Place Today!
Factors That Make a Clearwater Intersection Dangerous
Despite the common belief that intersections are more dangerous because of the potential that some may run red lights and stop signs, such circumstances only account for around 165,000 accidents annually. There are lots of other situations and conditions that can amount to a dangerous intersection, these including:
- A high volume of traffic flowing through the intersection.
- Confusing traffic markings at the intersection or intersection organization.
- High pedestrian traffic volume and location on or near a highway that consequently increases the number of non-locals who may drive through the area.
- Long straight roads leading up to the intersection, thus allowing for drivers to gain a lot of speed.
- Drivers using the intersection as a form of “rest stop”, i.e. using this time on the road as an opportunity to check messages, make calls, or tend to their appearance. This causes a break in the driver’s focus.
Any intersection has the capability of becoming dangerous, quite simply down to the fact drivers are traveling in multiple alternating directions, but the aforementioned factors do increase the possibility of a dangerous car accident.
For a free legal consultation with a dangerous intersections accidents lawyer serving Clearwater, call 941-444-4444
The Most Dangerous Intersections in Clearwater, Florida.
Clearwater, unfortunately, possesses multiple dangerous intersections; in fact, it was found that four of the top ten counties for deaths at intersections in the United States were found in Florida. Some of Clearwater’s most dangerous intersections include:
- Belcher Road and Gulf to Bay Boulevard.
- U.S 19 and Gulf to Bay.
- Sunset Point Road and U.S 19.
- McMullen-Booth Road and Eastland Boulevard.
- Drew Street and U.S 19.
It is important to remember, however, that even if you are not driving on an aforementioned intersection that accidents can happen anywhere and can be equally as dangerous. It is vital that all drivers ensure they drive carefully and avoid any negligent or dangerous behavior on the roads in an effort to prevent any severe accidents. If a driver behaves as they shouldn’t and causes a crash which results in you suffering an injury, you should contact The Law Place in Clearwater today.
Clearwater Dangerous Intersections Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Common Injuries Following a Dangerous Intersections Accident
Car accidents occurring at an intersection can lead to a range of severe, potentially long-lasting or permanent injuries, and in some cases can prove fatal. Some examples of a typical injury resulting from a car accident include but are not limited to:
- Traumatic brain injury.
- Cuts, bruises, and soreness.
- Burns to the skin, minor to severe.
- Injury to the spinal cord.
- Fractured, crushed, or broken bones.
- Whiplash and other neck injuries.
- Internal bleeding or organ damage.
Accidents can also leave not only a physical injury but can lead to also emotional distress. Examples of psychological distress include:
- Loss of enjoyment in life.
It is important to consider seeking legal help and to find a suitable personal injury lawyer as soon as possible if you have suffered any type of injury or emotional distress, listed or not, following your car accident. Contact our Clearwater office today to receive a free consultation with an experienced accident attorney from our office.
Damages Available Following a Clearwater Car Accident
Following the principles of most personal injury cases, anybody injured through no fault of their own can be entitled to claim compensation for any damages they experience. Such examples include:
- Medical bills – It is unfortunately very likely that following a car accident, you will require medical attention due to the likelihood of injuries. For any medical costs you encounter, e.g. surgery, physio, x-rays, etc., you will be able to claim for. Projected medical bills that you are expected to incur in the future can also be accounted for if necessary.
- Loss of wages – For any period of time that you have to spend away from work due to the car accident, you will be able to put a claim forward for all lost earning from this time. If you are unable to return back to work due to an injury, then you may also be able to claim for the loss of any future earnings.
- Pain and suffering – This covers any physical or mental suffering caused by the car accident. Pain and suffering are, however, hard to quantify and translate into monetary compensation; therefore, it is advisable to hire a lawyer who can calculate this and put forward a claim for you.
- Loss of enjoyment in life – If you can now no longer participate in any activities you once enjoyed, e.g. a sport or instrument, following the car accident, then this is considered to be a loss of enjoyment. An accident lawyer can calculate this into monetary compensation.
- Wrongful death – In the very worst case and most unfortunate scenario that the car accident leads to the loss of a loved one, then a wrongful death lawsuit can be filed by the victim’s loved ones. This is explained under Florida Statute 768.21. Damages under wrongful death include loss of consortium and any funeral expenses following the accident.
All car accidents can be devastating to those involved and those around them; therefore, it is important to seek legal aid for any damages you may be owed. Contact our Clearwater office today to receive legal advice.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How an Experienced Clearwater Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
After experiencing any form of a car accident, the time that follows can be extremely stressful for those involved, and it is unfortunately likely that you will have serious injuries related to the accident. For these reasons, it is vital you speak to a personal injury lawyer from The Law Place as soon as possible, who will be able to navigate you through the multiple complexities of the aftermath of accidents at a dangerous intersection.
It has been proven in research that more than 90% of cases that are aided by a lawyer do result in a payout, whereas alternatively, roughly 50% of cases that did not have representation received a payout. If financial concerns are holding you back from seeking the justice you deserve, then do not worry; our lawyers at The Law Place operate on a contingency basis. This means that for all successful cases, fees will be deducted from your settlement, and in the unlikely scenario, your case is unsuccessful, you will not have to pay anything at all.
Once you have contacted The Law Place, one of our experienced lawyers at the office will evaluate your case and ask you some simple questions to determine whether we believe your case is strong enough. Our free consultations are informative and give you the chance to fully understand your options and receive some legal advice at no expense. If you then decide you’d like to continue your case, using The Law Place, we will organize a follow-up meeting to get your legal journey started.
Many of the lawyers in the firm are AVVO 10.0 rated, the highest possible rating, so you know your case is in the best hands. Call our Clearwater office today on (941) 444-4444, which is open 24/7.
Time Is of the Essence
If you or your loved one have been involved in a Clearwater car accident at an intersection, then it is important to consider hiring a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. In Florida, there is a statute of limitations in place per Florida Statute 95.11. This statute lays out that you only have four years from the date of the accident to make a claim if the claim isn’t put forward, then it will permanently be barred, and thus you will be unable to receive the compensation you may otherwise deserve. In the very unfortunate case that the accident leads to a wrongful death lawsuit, then this time limit is even shorter and is two years.
It is also important to ensure any victim receives any necessary medical attention following intersection car accidents as soon as possible. It is common that if two weeks elapse following an accident without seeking medical care, then an insurance company may argue that any injuries must not be serious enough to make a claim if you did not seek all the possible avenues of medical attention.
Contact The Law Place in Clearwater, Pinellas County, today to receive a free consultation whereby our car accident lawyers will explain the legal journey ahead and if we believe your case is strong enough for a claim.
Contact The Law Place Today!
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Clearwater car accident at a dangerous intersection, then do not hesitate to contact The Law Place today. Call us to request a free consultation with one of our dedicated personal injury lawyers, whereby we will explain the inner details of the Florida legal system and evaluate the strength of your personal injury claim.
Our law firm operates across the state of Florida, therefore if you have been involved in an accident in the Clearwater, FL area, contact us on (941) 444-4444. Our phone lines are open 24/7 at each office for your convenience.