If you were involved in a car accident that was not your fault, then you could be entitled to receive compensation in North Port. It can be difficult to cope in the aftermath of a car accident – especially if you are injured and the medical bills are piling up.
Car accidents can have devastating effects on the lives of all people involved, and negligent drivers must be held accountable for their actions. If you sustained injuries, pain and suffering, property damage, and more in a car crash that was not your fault, then you must seek legal representation as soon as possible in North Port.
The Law Place has over seventy-five years of collective experience when it comes to helping people who have suffered injuries in car accidents in North Port and all over the State of Florida. Our law firm has the necessary knowledge of personal injury law to guide you through the legal system with efficiency.
If you call our office today, our team of North Port car accident attorneys will explain your legal rights and answer all of your questions about filing a personal injury claim. Our law firm will determine the value of your car accident case and the amount of compensation that you are owed so that you can relax and take the time that you need to recover from your injuries.
Contact The Law Place now on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation, and we will fight to win the compensation that you deserve for your car accident case in North Port. Phone lines are open 24/7.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in North Port, FL.
- Distracted driving – More and more drivers are distracted behind the wheel in this day and age. A list of distractions includes using a mobile phone, eating, drinking, engaging in conversation with another passenger, and much more. Anything that takes your eyes from the road is a serious risk.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – When a driver gets behind the wheel, they must be sober and of sound mind. However, not all drivers prioritize safety, and drunk drivers are one of the biggest threats to the safety of all pedestrians and road users.
- Aggressive driving – It is not uncommon for most drivers to become impatient and frustrated with traffic. However, some drivers can take it too far by taking out their frustration on other road users. Aggressive behaviors include weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, and intimidating other drivers so that they get out of the way.
- Traffic violations – Every driver is required to follow traffic laws in the State of Florida. In the event that a driver violates a traffic law by speeding, running a red light, passing a stop sign, failing to yield, or ignoring any one of the other many laws, then it can lead to a serious accident.
- Defective vehicle parts – Sometimes, an accident is not the fault of the driver, as it could come down to the manufacturer of the vehicle or its parts. A driver could lose control of their vehicle due to the parts in their car unexpectedly malfunctioning, such as tires, brakes, airbags, steering systems, and more. If it is found out that it was a defective part that caused an accident, then the company that manufactured the part could be held liable.
- Road hazards – When a driver is traveling on the road and suddenly hits a crack, pothole, or another hazard on the road, they could quickly lose control of their vehicle and cause a crash. The state and local governments are responsible for maintaining and repairing the roadways unless a particular road is under private ownership. If a neglected roadway was the cause of your accident, then the state and local government could be held liable.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving North Port, call 941-444-4444
Common Types of Car Accidents in North Port, FL.
There are many different types of car accidents, but the most common types of cases that The Law Place handle include:
- Side impact crashes – When the side of a vehicle is hit by another vehicle. It is also commonly referred to as a ‘T-bone’ accident.
- Rear-end crashes – When a vehicle crashes into another vehicle from behind. It has the potential to cause serious injuries that require long-term medical treatment.
- Head-on crashes – When the front end of two vehicles collide, it can quickly result in a fatal accident. This type of accident often happens at high speeds.
- Multi-vehicle crashes – This is when three or more vehicles are involved in an accident. It is also commonly referred to as a ‘pile-up.’ This is the most common type of accident on busy roads and interstates.
North Port Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Car Accident Injuries in North Port, FL.
Every car accident can result in a number of different injuries depending on the severity of the case. The most common types of injuries that a person might sustain in a North Port car accident include:
- Joint damage.
- Muscle injury.
- Spinal cord damage.
- Broken bones.
- Head trauma.
- Loss of limbs.
What to Do After a Car Accident in North Port, FL.
You can protect your legal rights by following these steps after your North Port car accident:
- Move to safety – Always make your health and safety the number one priority. If you are uninjured, move to a safe place near the scene of the crash.
- Call an ambulance – Pick up your phone and dial 911 to summon an ambulance to the scene of the accident. The first responders will be able to tend to your injuries and anyone else who was injured at the scene.
- Call the police – It is mandatory that you call the police to the scene of the accident, according to Florida Statute 316.062. The reporting police officer will investigate the crash, gather evidence, and file a report. Remember to get a copy of the police report for your own personal records too.
- Collect evidence – If you are capable of doing so, take notes of the circumstances surrounding the crash, such as the location, the time, and how it occurred. Remember to take pictures of the scene of the North Port car accident, such as road marks, injuries, and anything else that might be relevant.
- Exchange information – While you are still on the scene, get the contact information of the other driver involved in the North Port car accident. This includes name, phone number, address, insurance information, and vehicle registration number.
- Eyewitnesses – If there were any witnesses to the North Port car accident, speak to them and collect their contact information too. Eyewitnesses are useful when it comes to pursuing compensation at a later date.
- Seek medical attention – It is important that you seek medical attention as soon as possible after a crash, even if you think that you are uninjured. It is possible for some injures to lurk beneath the surface and not reveal symptoms until much later. Therefore, you must at least get a checkup at the hospital in order to fully understand your medical situation following a North Port car accident.
- Call your insurance company – If you are involved in a car accident, an insurance company will require you to inform them of it in a timely manner. However, do not share any specific information or details about the crash when you speak to your insurance company, as they will most likely use this information against you when you are seeking compensation later. Insurance companies are known for using tactics to devalue your personal injury claim, but our law firm will not let them get away with taking advantage of your case.
- Hire a North Port car accident lawyer – It is imperative that you enlist the help of a North Port car accident lawyer after you have been involved in a car accident. The Law Place will defend your legal rights and protect your future no matter what.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Statute of Limitations in the State of Florida
The State of Florida declares that a person has up to four years from the date of the car accident to file a personal injury claim. However, this reduces to two years for a wrongful death claim.
If you pass the deadline, then you will ultimately miss out on the opportunity to recover compensation, and the court will dismiss your case.
The statute of limitations is clearly laid out in Florida Statue 95.11.
How Does Someone Prove Negligence in a Car Accident Case in North Port, FL?
Every driver has a legal duty to operate their vehicle in line with the law in the State of Florida. This is also recognized as a driver’s duty of care. They must drive mindfully and safely in order to protect the safety of themselves and other road users.
If a driver acts with disregard for the safety of everyone else around them and puts lives at risk, then they have breached their duty of care and will be considered negligent. To prove that the driver should be held liable for damages following a car accident, a skilled lawyer will have to establish negligence by demonstrating a series of arguments:
- Duty of care – The driver owes you a duty of care, which means that they have a legal responsibility to follow every traffic law and keep safety in mind. When they are behind the wheel, they must protect the safety of other drivers, pedestrians, bike riders, passengers, and others on the road.
- Breach of duty – The driver breached their duty of care by acting negligently behind the wheel, such as breaking a traffic law, texting while driving, or driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI).
- Causation – A connection must be established between the driver’s breach of their duty of care and the injures you sustained in the car accident.
- Damages – It is crucial that your damages are properly accounted for as well as how the driver’s negligence has affected your life. A personal injury claim must include evidence of your losses, such as injuries, medical bills, pain and suffering, property damage, and proof of how the car accident has affected your mental state or ability to work.
Negotiating for Full Compensation After Your Car Accident in North Port, FL.
Recovering compensation after a car accident can be a complex process due to the different requirements sets out in Florida law. For example, some of the main methods of recovering compensation include:
- Personal injury protection (PIP) insurance – The law requires every driver to carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance that will cover their medical bills and loss of income up to a certain amount. It does not matter whether you were at fault for the accident to make a claim against personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. The law on personal injury protection (PIP) insurance is written in Florida Statute 627.736.
- The negligent driver’s insurance – If another driver caused your accident, then you could be eligible to file a claim against their insurance company for the damage to your vehicle, as well as any other expenses that exceed the limits of your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance.
- A car accident lawsuit – If your injuries are very severe, then you might be able to seek the maximum amount of compensation through the civil court system by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the driver who caused your crash.
How to Choose a Car Accident Lawyer in North Port, FL.
The right car accident lawyer will have the necessary skill and experience when it comes to working under Florida law. They will conduct an investigation into your case, research and gather evidence, speak to eyewitnesses, and explore every available option to secure compensation. In addition, they will build your case to its fullest potential and negotiate tirelessly on your behalf with the insurance companies involved.
A skilled car accident lawyer will have these key qualities:
- They will have awards, accolades, and positive reviews from their peers, community, and former clients.
- They will have a history of authentic and transparent testimonials from former clients.
- They will have a good standing reputation with their community and state bar.
- They will have a track record of winning settlements and verdicts on behalf of their clients.
You must hire a car accident lawyer that is worthy of your trust and respect. Remember that, above all else, you should be able to put your faith in them to ensure the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact The Law Place Today in North Port, FL.
If you were hurt in a car accident, then you could be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries and other related losses in North Port. A car accident can be a devastating experience for all people involved, and you must protect your legal rights by hiring a car accident lawyer who can provide strong representation for your case.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of combined experience in managing car accident cases for clients in North Port and throughout the State of Florida. Our law firm has been practicing personal injury law for decades, and we have managed hundreds of cases like yours with great success.
Our team of car accident lawyers will be there to provide the support and guidance that you need during this difficult time. No one should have to suffer the consequences of an accident that was not their fault, and we want to be the ones to bring justice to your case. Our team of personal injury lawyers will work day and night to ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Call our office today to set up a free consultation, and one of our car accident attorneys will discuss the facts surrounding your case. They will also offer you a free piece of advice to help you understand the smartest move to make in your current situation. Our phone lines are open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, so feel free to call us at any time.
Contact The Law Place now on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation, and we will fight to win the compensation that you deserve for your car accident case in North Port.