The most common cause of car accidents in Fort Myers is usually down to either hazardous roads, poor weather conditions, or reckless driving. But, on occasion, car accidents may be the result of faulty car parts. To prevent similar accidents from happening again, those responsible should be held accountable, and the victims should be awarded fair compensation.
If hazardous car parts remain in circulation, it makes the roads unsafe to drive on, and in turn, puts those behind the wheel, passengers, and pedestrians in danger. It is vital to determine who the negligent party is in order to hold them accountable. This could be the car part supplier or the mechanic. By holding the person accountable, it should encourage them to be more responsible moving forward.
Depending on your accident circumstances, you may also be partly to blame, for example, if you were found speeding when the accident happened. You can still claim compensation if there was a faulty car part, but your settlement will be deduced by the amount you were found to be at fault for. A percentage will calculate this.
You should make immediate contact with a car accident lawyer if you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident that involved faulty car parts. It is vital to use an experienced personal injury lawyer to fight your case as these car manufacturing companies will also use legal representation in order to dismiss or discredit your claim. By hiring a car accident lawyer from The Law Place, you know you will stand a fighting chance in receiving the compensation you deserve. Do not hesitate to contact our law firm for a free consultation today at (941) 444-4444.
In This Article
- Causes of Defects in Cars in Fort Myers, FL.
- Common Car Defects in Fort Myers, FL.
- Compensation for Accidents Caused by Car Defects in Fort Myers, FL.
- What Will a Law Firm Do for Me in Fort Myers, FL?
- What Are the Financial Implications of Hiring a Lawyer in Fort Myers, FL?
- Comparative Fault Law in Fort Myers
- Contact The Law Place in Fort Myers, FL.
Causes of Defects in Cars in Fort Myers, FL.
Faulty car parts can cause car accidents to happen in numerous ways and are always unexpected. Usually, the driver will not have known about the faulty part, meaning that they are not to blame. The faulty part could have been an error on the car manufacturers’ part during fabrication, or alternatively, a mechanic may have damaged a part during a standard repair job.
The circumstances of seeking compensation for an accident that was caused by a defective car part can be complex. Usually, car accidents are caused by an at-fault driver. However, when involving a faulty part, a thorough investigation will have to be carried out in order to determine fault. Upon determining who is to blame, you may be faced with confronting large corporate car manufacturing companies. Therefore, we highly advise you to seek legal counsel from a reputable law firm.
Below are some examples of common car faults in Fort Myers, Florida
If the car manufacturing company is negligent:
- During the manufacturing process, something may have been overlooked.
- The design of the car may have been thoughtless.
- Some parts may not have been installed correctly.
If the car parts manufacturer is negligent:
- Cheap materials may have been used to create the parts.
- During the manufacturing of the parts, a defective tool may have been used.
- The procedures in place for manufacturing the car parts may be careless, resulting in negligence.
If the car mechanic is negligent:
- The mechanic may cause damage to another part whilst carrying out maintenance work on the car.
- Cheap and faulty replacement car parts were used to repair the car.
For a free legal consultation with a deadly defective vehicles accidents lawyer serving Fort Myers, call 941-444-4444
Common Car Defects in Fort Myers, FL.
Cars are fabricated with various different parts, meaning that there are many components that could be faulty. Yet, some issues seem to occur more often than others. Below is a list of more common faulty car parts:
- Airbags – All cars are fitted with airbags to prevent severe injury when involved in a car crash. Unfortunately, on some occasions, they have been reported to inflate unexpectedly, which can cause injury. Also, sometimes the opposite happens, and the airbag doesn’t inflate when it should. There are two main reasons this may happen: firstly, it could be a car manufacturing fault. Secondly, a mechanic didn’t install a new airbag correctly following a motor vehicle accident.
- Seat belts – All cars come fitted with seatbelts to ensure that passengers are secure in case of an accident. If they are not installed correctly, they will not hold someone in place if an accident were to occur.
- Roof – If you end up in a severe motor vehicle accident where the car has rolled over, then the roof should remain stable and protect those in the car. If the roof concaves, this could be a negligent car manufacturing fault.
- Tires – Your car should be fitted with the correct tires, suitable not only for the vehicle but also for seasonal weather conditions. If you are fitted with unsuitable or faulty tires, it could result in a blowout. This is especially dangerous when driving fast on the highway. The fault could be with numerous parties; the driver has not kept them in good condition; the driver was sold unsafe tires; or a manufacturing fault.
- Gas tanks – Some car incidents can be minor, not resulting in severe damages. However, if the gas tank is faulty, it could explode upon or following a motor vehicle accident, resulting in far worse damages.
- Other common defects – A shaky steering wheel, brake pads, dashboard, or wiring all have the potential of being defective and causing a car crash.
If you have been involved in a Fort Myers car accident, you should contact a car accident attorney from a reputable law firm. Here at The Law Place, we have combined experience of over 75 years when it comes to handling faulty motor vehicle accidents. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation.
Fort Myers Deadly Defective Vehicles Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Compensation for Accidents Caused by Car Defects in Fort Myers, FL.
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident in Fort Myers as a result of a faulty car part, then you might be due compensation. In order to figure out what you may be entitled to, it is best to contact a reputable law firm to discuss your case with accident lawyers. Car accident lawyers will help you determine whether you can claim compensation for any of the damages below:
- Medical costs – This is for any payments you have made for medical treatment, travel to and from the hospital, and to any changes you have had to make to adjust to your injuries.
- Lost income – Following the accident, you may not be able to work. You should receive fair compensation for any loss of present or future income.
- Property damages – This covers the cost of repairs to your car and any personal items in the car, such as your phone.
- Pain and suffering – You cannot put an exact monetary price on these damages as they are emotional and often ongoing. These are usually referred to as non-economic damages and cover things such as no longer being able to carry out your favorite hobbies.
- Loss of a loved one – The cost of losing a loved one is unbearable without having the extra financial strain of covering funeral costs. You are entitled to claim compensation for burial costs and any income lost if you were reliant on their financial support.
Contact a personal injury lawyer today for a free consultation to discuss your Fort Myers motor vehicle incident.
What Will a Law Firm Do for Me in Fort Myers, FL?
Research has shown that over 90% of personal injury claims with legal representation received compensation. This is a staggering 60% more than those who had no legal representation. These percentages alone show that it is advisable to contact a law firm to help you fight your claim. However, you must remember that the outcome is dependent on various factors.
Upon your initial free consultation, we will discuss your case’s basic premises to determine whether it is valid. If so, we will then advise you on how to proceed. At this stage, we are simply offering free, no strings attached, advice. From here, it is down to you whether you wish to hire legal representation.
Once you have agreed to hire our law firm to represent your case, we will assign the most suitable car accident lawyers to you. A second meeting will be arranged, which will be more in-depth in order to gather all the information required to fight your case. From here, you can relax and focus on your recovery. Let us do all the heavy lifting.
Most of the time, a case can be settled without having to go to court. However, on the rare occasion when it does go to court, we will be prepared to fight against any large corporate companies and insurance companies that attempt to pay out as little as possible. Our team will be dedicated to your case and will ensure that you do not settle for less than you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Are the Financial Implications of Hiring a Lawyer in Fort Myers, FL?
It is stressful enough dealing with the repercussions of a car accident without worrying about additional costs of hiring a lawyer. Here at The Law Place, we want to take that stress away.
You may think to yourself that you do not need to make contact with a law firm as your insurance company will cover the costs of the damages following a car accident. Unfortunately, insurance companies only have one goal, which is to make money. Due to this, they will pay out the least amount possible, which will not be what you deserve. We will ensure you receive compensation to cover all damages incurred.
Our law firm works on a contingency basis, meaning that you will not pay anything directly out of your pocket. We will take a percentage from the settlement you receive. Our fee structure will be explained in more depth during your initial free consultation.
In order to get an estimate on how much compensation you might be due, we advise that you get in touch with us today, as all cases are individual and will vary.
Comparative Fault Law in Fort Myers
Florida is a comparative fault state. This is outlined under Florida Statute 768.81. Meaning that if you were partly to blame for the accident, then a percentage will be deducted from the settlement.
To explain in simple terms, if you were found to be driving recklessly, which resulted in a car crash, but at the same time your airbags failed to work, resulting in far worse injury, then you are partly to blame. If you have been found to be at fault by 30%, then this percentage will be taken from your total settlement.
However, your accident lawyer will ensure you still receive what you are entitled to. We want to make sure that you are not taken advantage of by lawyers hired by corporate manufacturing companies and insurance companies that will attempt to blame you entirely.
Contact The Law Place in Fort Myers, FL.
If you are a victim of a Fort Myers car accident due to a faulty motor vehicle part, contact our Florida, Fort Myers law firm for a free consultation today. Our phone lines are open 24/7, so we are here when you need us the most.
Contact us today for a free consultation on (941) 444-4444.