- Causes of Defects in Automobiles in Tampa, FL
- Common Vehicle Defects in Sarasota, FL
- Compensation for Accidents Caused by Vehicle Defects in Tampa, FL
- What Will a Law Firm Do for Me in Tampa?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire Attorney for a Car Accident Case in Tampa, Florida?
- Speak to The Law Place Today in Florida Today!
Car accidents in Tampa are not always the result of dangerous road conditions or reckless drivers. Sometimes accidents can occur because of defective car parts or vehicles. In these circumstances, the negligent party must be held responsible, not only does the victim deserve compensation for their pain and suffering, but it also prevents similar accidents from occurring in the future. You need to be confident that when you and your loved ones drive on the roads in Tampa, they are as safe as they can be, and when dangerous vehicle parts remain in circulation, it puts lives at risk. Whether the car manufacturer, mechanic, or car-parts manufacturer is responsible, by holding them accountable, you are encouraging them to take better care in the future.
Even if you were at fault for the accident, if your injuries were made worse by a vehicle defect, then you could still be entitled to compensation.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident involving defective parts, you must have accident lawyers on your side. When you go up against big companies like car manufacturers, they will have experienced lawyers on their side, ready to devalue or dismiss your claim. We will make sure that you are not taken advantage of and will fight for the justice you deserve. Contact us at The Law Place today on (941) 444-4444 and arrange a free case review with one of our personal injury lawyers in Florida.
Causes of Defects in Automobiles in Tampa, FL
There are several reasons why a Tampa car accident could be caused by defective parts, and often drivers have no way of knowing that they are driving an unsafe vehicle until it is too late. When a car accident occurs because of defective car parts, it is rarely the fault of the driver. The mistake was probably made while the car parts were being made while the car was being built, or a mechanic may have used damaged products when repairing a car.
This makes things a little complicated when it comes to claiming for your injuries following an accident. Rather then simply addressing the other driver when fighting for compensation, an investigation will need to be carried out to determine the route cause of the defect and who was at fault. Here are some of the most common defects in Florida.
When the Vehicle Manufacturer Is Negligent
- Poor vehicle design.
- Negligent processes during vehicle manufacturing.
- Improper installation of parts.
When the Car Parts Manufacturer Is Negligent
- Defective products used in manufacturing.
- Poor vehicle parts design.
- Negligent processes in the manufacturing of the car parts.
When the Mechanic Is Negligent
- Defective products used in car repair.
- Damage to existing parts in car repair.
Common Vehicle Defects in Sarasota, FL
Cars are made up of a lot of parts, which creates a lot of opportunities for things to go wrong. However, some defects are more likely to lead to serious car accidents or can turn a minor accident into a severe one. For example:
- Airbags – Airbags can sometimes deploy in minor accidents when they shouldn’t, which can lead to unnecessary injuries. Conversely, if they fail to deploy after a serious impact, then they can fail as a safety device. When this happens, it is often because of the car manufacturer or parts manufacturer. However, a mechanic can also be at-fault in the event that they have failed to properly replace an airbag after a crash.
- Seat belts – When seat belts fail to properly keep your body in place during a car accident, it can lead to serious and life-threatening injuries. re
- Roof – When a vehicle rolls over during a car accident, the roof must remain strong and protective. When the roof of the car collapses in or comes apart, it could be because of the negligence of the car manufacturer.
- Tires – When tires are not suitable for the purpose, they can blowout, which can lead to a serious car accident, especially if the cars were moving at high speed.
- Gas tanks – Dangerous gas tanks can cause a vehicle to explode even in a minor car accident.
- Other common defects – Brake system parts, accelerator controls, wiring, and steering system parts are all other aspects of your car, which can either cause a car crash or make it more severe.
Following a car accident in Tampa, FL, you should speak to a personal injury lawyer at The Law Place. We have over 75 years of combined experience dealing with car accident cases in Florida, and we have the knowledge necessary to determine whether your accident could have been made worse or caused by a defect.
Compensation for Accidents Caused by Vehicle Defects in Tampa, FL
If you were in a car accident in Tampa and suffered injuries because of faulty vehicle parts, then a personal injury lawyer at The Law Place will ensure that you receive the compensation you are entitled to for your damages. During your free consultation, we will determine whether we believe you have a valid claim and what sorts of damages you might be able to claim. Your damages could include:
- Medical expenses – Medical bills for any medical treatment for injuries caused by the car accident include medical bills for past, present, and future treatments, as well as the transport to and from appointments.
- Lost wages – If you had to miss work because of the car accident, then you could be compensated for your lost wages, as well as future lost wages and earning potential.
- Property damage – If your vehicle was damaged in the car accident, then you can claim compensation for this. You may also be able to claim for any items that were in your car at the time of the accident that was damaged, such as a phone or laptop.
- Pain and suffering – These types of damages are designed to compensate you for any pain and suffering you experience as a result of the accident, such as emotional trauma and any loss of enjoyment. Loss of enjoyment compensates you if you are left unable to participate in activities that you did before the car accident, such as running or walking.
- Loss of a loved one – If you have lost a loved one in a car accident, then you deserve to be compensated for funeral expenses and loss of consortium.
What Will a Law Firm Do for Me in Tampa?
Research shows that over 90% of personal injury cases that are supported by a lawyer end with a payout, and that payout is, on average, 60% more than those without representation from a lawyer. This, of course, depends on the case at hand.
After calling The Law Place, we will make a quick assessment of your case by asking a series of questions. We do not expect you to understand all of the elements of your car accident at this stage, that’s what we are here for. We will advise you on whether we believe you have a valid claim and what your next steps should be. Our accident lawyers have the experience necessary to give you the right advice so that you can make an informed decision on how you would like to proceed. We can then arrange an in-depth case review, where you still have no obligation to continue; that way, you can ask any questions that you may have.
In the in-depth consultation, we will explain exactly what we will do to help you, such as gathering evidence, speaking to your insurance company, and valuing your claim. We will also explain our fee structure so that you are not left with any surprise bills. But don’t worry, we work on a contingency basis, so if your Tampa car accident claim is unsuccessful, you will not pay anything.
At this point, if you are happy to continue, we will take over your case while keeping you as involved as you want to be. That way, you can focus on your mental and physical recovery without the stress of tackling Florida’s complicated legal system alone.
Most car accidents in Florida result in a settlement, which means that you will receive the compensation you deserve without having to go to court. However, we will not settle for less than what you deserve, and when large manufacturing companies are involved, there might be a lot of push back against your claim. If your case does go to court, then we will be ready. We will have already built up a lot of evidence and have a strong case ready to fight.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Attorney for a Car Accident Case in Tampa, Florida?
At The Law Place, we understand how stressful dealing with a car crash can be, especially when defective vehicle parts are involved. Injury or death because of faulty safety features that designed to protect you simply shouldn’t happen. By seeking compensation with a lawyer, not only are you protecting yourself against hefty expenses, but you are also helping to protect others in Florida by bringing those responsible to account.
Your insurance company might be quick to offer you a low settlement. They are big businesses whose motivating factor is profit. By securing help from a law firm, you can make sure that you are not taken advantage of. We offer a free consultation so that you have time to reflect and gather the information you need.
We work on a contingency basis, this means that you will not pay anything until we win your case, and our fee will be deducted as a percentage of your eventual settlement.
Contingency work is monitored by the State Bar Associations, who make sure that the charge set by attorneys is fair and reasonable. At The Law Place, we will explain our fee structure clearly from the beginning, so you know exactly where you stand.
Speak to The Law Place Today in Florida Today!
If you have been in an accident that was caused by defective vehicle parts, or your injuries were made worse because of a faulty mechanism, then it is essential that you speak to an experienced accident attorney in Florida. Faulty vehicle parts can make your case complicated, as there may be more than one party at fault for your injuries. Even if you were at fault for the car accident, if your injuries were made worse by a defect, then you could still be entitled to compensation.
At The Law Place, we work as a team so that you can benefit from our combined experience. We are not afraid to take on large manufacturing or insurance companies and will fight for your right to fair compensation. Florida is one of the most dangerous states to drive in, and we are committed to making our roads safer places to drive. Contact us today on (941) 444-4444 to arrange a free consultation.