There are motor vehicle accidents all across Florida, and many reasons for this, such as reckless driving, driving under the influence, poor weather, etc. But in some cases, car accidents occur because of motor defects, in which case the motorists involved with defects on their vehicle can be held liable for the collision.
Driving a car with defects is a well-known cause of motor vehicle accidents. Driving with defects puts lives at risk. If you were involved in a motor accident due to a defective vehicle and you’re not to blame, you need the help of a car accident lawyer with experience and knowledge, as you could be entitled to compensation.
Our attorneys are highly trained, with excellent records. You can arrange a free case evaluation with us, which will give you a chance to explain the incident to us. Our lines are always open, and there is always somebody available to discuss your case. Call today on (941) 444-4444.
Compensation for Accidents Caused by Car Defects in Venice, FL.
A motor vehicle accident can leave you with a list of bills or fees that might be unaffordable to you at this time, especially if you have been unable to work. You could be entitled to compensation for your damages, and The Law Place is here to help. Some examples of payment that you could be entitled to after a car accident are:
- Medical expenses – You may have required an ambulance immediately after the car accident or had to spend time in the hospital with your injuries. Therefore, you may have been billed for ambulance fees, x-rays, hospital room bills, or other medical costs.
- Lost wages – For the time you spent in hospital or at home recovering from your injuries, you were probably unable to work and lost out on your usual salary. This may result in you struggling to pay the rent, purchase food, pay child support, buy your children’s clothes, etc.
- Property damage – This includes damage to your vehicle or any belongings inside the vehicle that was damaged.
- Pain and suffering – If you have suffered a car accident, you may have endured injuries that you are struggling to recover from, which now prevents you from taking part in hobbies, sports, or your usual activities. Being unable to enjoy your usual hobbies can be very frustrating for a car accident victim, and our lawyers sympathize with your situation. We want to offer you the support you need to try to help you get back up on your feet.
- Loss of a loved one – You may have lost a relative, partner, or friend due to a motor vehicle accident. The death of a loved one can be a challenging time. If that isn’t bad enough, the accident may leave the crash victim’s family with a list of medical bills and unaffordable funeral expenses. The Law Place is here to support you in this challenging time by offering you compensation for funeral fees or other costs.
- Emotional distress – Even if you have not suffered any physical injury from the motor vehicle accident, you may be feeling depressed, anxious, or suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. If you have PTSD as a result of a vehicle defect collision, then the chances are you are experiencing upsetting flashbacks, insomnia, worry, and may not be feeling like your usual self at all. This deserves to be compensated.
If you have suffered any of the above, please don’t be afraid to reach out to our top-rated law firm. You can find a level of trust and compromise with our car accident lawyers and build a great relationship with us. We don’t want you to go it alone, so please, let us take care of your claim for you, so you don’t have to.
Common Car Defects in Venice, FL.
There are so many parts that make up a motor vehicle, and each piece plays an essential role in the vehicle’s proper function. If just one part of the car malfunctions, it can be fatal for the person driving or anybody else involved in the crash.
Some car manufacturers are becoming known for having manufacturing issues and faults. When the defect on a vehicle affects the safety of the driver/passengers, this is when accidents can become life-threatening. Some car defects are way more common than others. Some examples of typical motor vehicle defects are:
- Airbags – It is a standard function for a car to contain an airbag. The role of an airbag is to inflate as soon as an impact happens. Airbags offer a level of protection to the driver and soften the blow on the victim. However, on some occasions, airbags have been known to go off unexpectedly, which can cause burns to the skin, severe bruising, or other injuries. Airbags have also been known not to inflate at all, which means the motorist receives no protection from the crash. The car manufacturers may have contributed to this, and the company may be held responsible for negligence in this case.
- Seat belts – It is against the law not to wear a seatbelt in the State of Florida, as safety belts are known to save lives. All cars have seatbelts, and all drivers/passengers are required to wear them. However, in some cases, the car manufacturers may have fitted a faulty seatbelt into the car, meaning they don’t work and offer no safety to the driver or passengers.
- Roof – Car manufacturers always ensure that the top of a car is stable and won’t cave in if an accident or car roll occurs. If the roof concaves, then the manufacture of the vehicle may be liable.
- Tires – All vehicle owners must check tires frequently to check they are at the correct air pressure and avoid malfunctions. Poor tires on a car can cause loss of control, loss of grip on the roads, or in some cases, a tire blowout. Tire blowouts are exceptionally dangerous when driving on highways and could be catastrophic for the driver.
- Gas tanks – If the gas tank is faulty, it could explode upon or following a motor vehicle accident, resulting in life-threatening injuries.
- Other common defects – A shaky steering wheel, worn brake pads, or incorrect wiring all have the potential of causing a car crash.
If you were involved in a Venice car accident, you should contact an injury lawyer from a reputable law firm. We have combined experience of over 75 years in handling faulty motor vehicle accidents and are confident in all our client’s injury claims. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation.
What Can the Law Place Do for Me?
There are many benefits to hiring a personal injury lawyer in Florida. There is proven research to show the services they can offer and statistical success rates. With the assistance of a personal injury lawyer fighting for your claim, over 90% of personal injury claims receive compensation. This is a staggering 60% more than those who had no legal representation. Therefore, it is advisable to contact a law firm to help you fight your claim. However, remember that the outcome of your case is dependent on various factors.
Florida is a comparative fault state, which allows somebody to still be liable for some damages, regardless of if they were to blame. Comparative responsibility summarises the damage to the vehicles into a percentage to see which party suffered the most damage to their vehicle. For example, if the judge concluded that 70% of the damages were the defendant’s fault and 30% the fault of the plaintiff, then the plaintiff will be able to receive damages for 70% of the total, rather than receiving 100% of the total damages.
You can find out more information on the laws on comparative fault in Florida Statute 768.81.
What Are the Financial Implications of Hiring a Lawyer in Venice, FL?
If you are suffering financial strain after a collision, you might not want to think about law fees at this time, and you may be concerned that you cannot afford a lawyer. The Law Place is here to tell you that you will not have to pay anything upfront and won’t have to pay anything at all unless your claim is successful.
Our lawyers work on a no-win-no-fee system, which means that you will not have to pay us a penny until you receive a settlement. Once you have received your payment, we will take a percentage of the compensation you received. So you don’t have to worry about going through the process of paying us or any hidden fees; you can simply leave the work to us.
How Do I Know Which Attorney Is Right for Me?
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a car accident due to a motor vehicle defect, then you might be wondering who to turn to or what lies on the road ahead for you. Our law firm can offer you support, legal guidance, and ensure that you are familiar with all your rights, so you completely understand what you could be entitled to.
Our law firm is here to offer you legal advice and support through this complicated time. It can be challenging to decide which personal injury lawyer is right for you and which attorney would be best suited for your case. The Law Place assures you that all of our team are highly efficient in all law practice areas, including accident cases.
Contact The Law Place!
If you have been a victim of a car accident due to a defective vehicle, you deserve compensation for your pain and suffering and financial losses. Using a free case evaluation, you are free to ask us any questions or queries about our processes or what you could be entitled to in terms of compensation.
Our lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our personal injury lawyers are waiting to get to work for you. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get to work on your claim.
Please don’t wait to call us at (941) 444-4444.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form