If you are a driver in Fort Myers with a valid driver’s license, legally, you are required to stop at all red lights. However, it is a sad reality that many drivers run through red lights as well as stop signs for various reasons. Acting in such a way by ignoring stopping rules can have severe and long-lasting consequences, one of which results in unnecessary car accidents.
If you have been in an accident due to someone else having run a red light, you are more than likely within your right to file a lawsuit or, at the least, put in a claim for compensation. If you have suffered any personal injury or would like to claim back for any medical bills you may have had, The Law Place in Fort Myers can assist you.
At The Law Place, we have years of experience when it comes to auto accident claims. We offer a free consultation upfront so that you can make an informed decision before committing. Contact us today. Our number is (941) 444-4444; we look forward to assisting you.
In This Article
- Interesting Things to Know About Red Light Accidents
- Why People Run Red Lights in Fort Myers
- Types of Injuries You Could Get After Being in a Red-Light Accident
- What Should a Victim of a Red-Light Car Accident Do?
- What Type of Damages Can I Claim for After being in a Red-Light Car Accident in Fort Myers, FL?
- Call Us at The Law Place in Fort Myers Today!
Interesting Things to Know About Red Light Accidents
- Those who run red lights in the United States are often the reason for a lot of the accidents that occur each year. As per the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV), 90,000 injuries and 1,000 deaths occur as a result of this.
- In Florida and Fort Myers, accidents that occur due to a driver running a red-light result in more people being injured as opposed to any other type of accident.
- The number of serious injuries and fatalities as a result of being in a red-light car accident is rising in numbers.
- As a response to this, many busy intersections and four-way stops have installed red-light cameras as a way to help catch and hopefully protect other road users in Fort Myers as well as all over Florida.
For a free legal consultation with a red light accidents lawyer serving Fort Myers, call 941-444-4444
Why People Run Red Lights in Fort Myers
There are a number of reasons why people intentionally choose to ignore or violate road rules. Some are more obvious than others. These include:
- Speeding – When a driver is speeding or driving above the recommended speed limit, it can be hard for them to slow down and stop in time for a red light. Instead, they jump the red light.
- Tiredness – A driver might not want to stop and wait at a traffic light and might opt to jump the red light instead of slow down and wait. Tiredness can also affect your ability to judge and see the light resulting in missing it completely.
- Intoxication – Driving after having had alcohol or taken drugs, impairing judgment. This can also lead to other reckless behaviors.
- Being in a hurry – People who have run a red light in Fort Myers often claim that they jumped the light because they were in a rush and would subsequently be late if they didn’t somehow make up time.
- An attempt to make the light –This simply refers to speeding up in an effort to still get through the traffic light before it changes to red. As you can imagine, most times, this is a total misjudgment, and when unsuccessful, can lead to an accident.
In Fort Myers, there is no legitimate reason why a driver could be excused for running a red light and for it resulting in an accident. If you have been in a situation like this, you will require the services of an accident lawyer, especially when it comes to dealing with the insurance company. You are welcome to call us anytime to discuss your case and to see what sort of claims you would be eligible to file. We can also assist you with a lawsuit if you find yourself in this type of scenario.
Fort Myers Red Light Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Types of Injuries You Could Get After Being in a Red-Light Accident
If you have been in an accident due to someone running a red light, the results and personal injury for everyone involved can be quite significant, and you may want to claim compensation. Some injuries common to red light accidents include:
- Head and/ or brain injuries; in some cases, they can be extremely traumatic.
- Neck injuries, including whiplash.
- Cuts, scrapes, bruising.
- Injuries to the spinal area.
Any sort of personal injury after being in a car accident will inevitably result in medical treatment, which is costly. Injury attorneys can assist you in making sure you get the compensation needed to cover your medical bills and to help you focus on your recovery without financial stress. Contact The Law Place today in Fort Myers. We are an esteemed law firm with decades of experience when it comes to car accident cases.
What Should a Victim of a Red-Light Car Accident Do?
If you are at the scene of the crash after it has happened, the first thing to do if you are able to is to check yourself for injuries. Your health is the most important thing. If you feel up to it and have no intense injuries, you can help anyone else who may need assistance. Next, contact the authorities immediately, such as the police and an ambulance. Even if you appear fine, you will still need to be checked by a medical professional and properly cleared health-wise.
Once the police arrive on the scene, try to give them as much detail as possible and keep notes or recordings of this for your own personal records. Make it clear that the other driver ran the red light and tell them what happened. If you feel you don’t know all the answers to their questions, that is also okay. You can refrain from answering until you feel you have a better understanding of the event. Note any specific details such as the date, time, names of people, the contact information of witnesses, and anything else paramount that could help you and your lawyer build a complete picture of the event.
If you need the services of an accident lawyer in Fort Myers after being in a car accident, please don’t hesitate to contact The Law Place. We are a trusted and dedicated law firm that can assist you after this terrible ordeal.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Type of Damages Can I Claim for After being in a Red-Light Car Accident in Fort Myers, FL?
Damages in any sort of car accident are usually the same or similar. It just depends on which would apply to you in your specific case. You can claim compensation for the following damages in Fort Myers after your car accident:
- Compensation for injury and medical expenses.
- Loss of income.
- Loss of a loved one, including loss of consortium.
- Property damage.
- Future loss of income and other related costs as a result of being in this accident.
If you have suffered any personal injury, lost a loved one, or require financial compensation in any way after your car accident, as your lawyer, we will be able to assist you. We have a lot of experience when it comes to injury cases in Fort Myers and beyond. Contact our law firm for a free consultation.
Call Us at The Law Place in Fort Myers Today!
Car accidents are very traumatic, regardless of the severity of the injury. Our law firm in Fort Myers can advise you on what steps to take according to your specific case. As your lawyer, we will collect all the evidence and investigate your case to make sure you are not pushed out of what is owed to you.
As a driver on Florida roads in Fort Myers, you are entitled to feel safe and drive your car without fear. Everyone should comply with the rules of the road as set out by the Florida Statute 768.81. As injury attorneys, we are well versed in what needs to happen in these cases around car accidents. We are happy to offer you a free consultation so that you have the opportunity to make the best decision for yourself and your case.
Contact us today at The Law Place in Fort Myers. Our lines are always open so that we can be with you every step of the way. Our contact number is (941) 444-4444.