Rollover car accidents are extremely dangerous and almost certainly cause major repercussions. This can include damage to property, such as the cars involved, a personal injury resulting in some of the highest fatality rates and sometimes, death. If you would like more information and statistics, please visit the following statute Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV). It is important to understand that any type of vehicle can be involved in this type of accident, but taller vehicles are, in some cases, more prone to rollover car accidents, as reported in Fort Myers.
The nature of these accidents is usually complex, not a straightforward insurance claim. If you or a loved one require the services of an accident attorney, please contact us at The Law Place in Fort Myers for a free consultation to review your case. Our ethos is to create an attorney-client relationship that is respectful, open, and kind. Please do not hesitate to contact us today on (941) 444-4444.
What Should You Do After Being Involved in a Rollover Car Accident?
If you are ever placed in the situation or need to advise someone on what to do after being in a rollover car accident, the following can be very useful to do in Fort Myers.
- First and foremost, check yourself for personal injury or injury of any kind. Once satisfied you are unharmed, only then should you assist others with their injuries. Call 911 immediately for assistance.
- Call the police. In Fort Myers, FL, it is obligatory to contact the authorities. You will also need to report a crash within 10 days, according to Florida Statute 316.066.
- Obtain as much information as you can about the accident, what happened, and speak to any witnesses or bystanders. You may also take photos and videos for your records and for your future case.
- Contact your insurance provider. If appointed as your legal counsel, The Law Place will also be able to do this for you.
If you are able to do any or all of the above, you would be in a great position. However, if you cannot, for whatever reason, we will do everything we can to make sure your case is as solid as possible.
For a free legal consultation with a rollover car accidents lawyer serving Fort Myers, call 941-444-4444
Reasons for Rollover Car Accidents Taking Place in Fort Myers
Rollover car accidents hold a shocking amount of the total amount of fatalities reported in the US each year. The nature of these accidents often occurs after knocking something or “tripping” over something – a term used largely in the context of rollover car accidents. For example, going into or “tripping” over a curb or pothole can result in the car rolling over as the forward momentum of the vehicle has been interrupted unexpectedly.
In a lot of cases, an accident is caused due to not seeing the pothole or something of a similar nature. For example, when there is any sort of peculiar obstruction in the road. However, these rollover accidents also take place when drivers are not taking the necessary precautions or behaving recklessly. These would include behaviors such as being under the influence, speeding, driving during poor weather conditions, a distracted driver, or if the vehicle in use is broken or not roadworthy.
There are many other factors or situations that can cause this type of car accident. The above is just to give you some ideas.
Fort Myers Rollover Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Types of Injuries Caused by Rollover Car Accidents in Fort Myers, FL
There are many types of injuries that victims of rollover car accidents could, unfortunately, sustain after their accident. Some of the typical or most common injuries include:
- Neck injuries, including whiplash.
- Broken bones, sprains, fractures.
- Head and brain injuries.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Wrongful death.
It is unfortunate to be or know someone who has been in an accident of any kind. If you or a loved one has been in this situation and needs the help and advice of a law firm and team of attorneys you can trust, The Law Place would love to assist you. We create an attorney-client relationship that is transparent and has your best interests in mind. We offer a free consultation before proceeding with your case so that you have all the information you may need beforehand.
Typical Damages Following a Rollover Car Accident in Fort Myers
Rollover car accidents in Fort Myers, as well as anywhere else in the world, are usually quite serious. Our team of competent and compassionate Fort Myers lawyers have helped hundreds of people claim compensation for the following:
- Loss of income – This usually happens to most victims of accidents as being in an accident often means they are unable to work for a period.
- Current and future medical treatment or care – Due to the accident, you may have suffered an injury and require immediate and perhaps long-term medical care. We include these costs in your case.
- Pain and suffering – This acknowledges the emotional anguish and stress of the ordeal of being in an accident. Compensation should be awarded for any lessening or disturbance to one’s quality of life.
- Damage to your property – Compensation for the loss or repairs to your property sustained due to your accident in Fort Myers.
- Wrongful death – As your lawyer, it is our job to claim for the loss of a loved one should this be something that needs to be done after your accident.
If you need the services of an accident lawyer in Fort Myers, please contact our law firm today. We will complete an obligation free consultation with you before taking on your case so that you know exactly what our process is and how we can help you. We will answer any questions you may have and advise you as best as we can to ensure you get the most from our offered services. We also want you to know what your rights are and understand the way forward so that you are as informed as possible and can make the best decisions.
What Does the Statute of Limitations Say When It Comes to Rollover Car Accidents in Fort Myers?
In Fort Myers, Florida Statute 95.11 governs what can happen in the event of this type of accident. There are strict guidelines under this statute in Florida law as to what type of suit an individual has a claim to. As your lawyer, we will be able to advise you under this law. For example, if you are planning on processing a negligence claim after your road accident, you would only have four years in which to do so under this statute. If you want to open a case for the wrongful death of a loved one, you would only be able to do so within two years after the accident. If, however, you have not filed your claim for compensation within the time periods stipulated, you will, unfortunately, forfeit any possible remuneration.
At The Law Place, we are very well versed in these regulations and statutes and can quickly advise and work within them so that you can get what you deserve. We are a passionate team, and if any of us represent you as your lawyer, you can rest assured we will handle your case swiftly and professionally.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact The Law Place in Fort Myers Today!
If you are seeking the services of an esteemed lawyer, then contact The Law Place today in Fort Myers. Our lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to ensure you get the justice you deserve.
Being involved or having a loved one who was involved in a car accident of any kind can be one of the hardest things to happen in life. We understand how much loss and damage can occur as a result of this, and there are many factors to consider. Having to deal with any legalities can be extremely stressful and sometimes add to the trauma and injury of what you went through. The Law place in Fort Myers would love to take any stress or uncertainty away and can assist you with some of the logistical aspects of your case by offering pristine legal counsel and representation for you or your loved one. We look forward to helping you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today on (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation.