DHL trucks can carry a large amount of cargo on board, with some of these trucks holding up to 40 tonnes of weight. In the last year, these DHL trucks have been in constant demand. Services such as next-day and same-day delivery mean that company’s such as DHL and FedEx are having to hire as many truck drivers as possible. Because of this, we are seeing many more of these large delivery trucks on the roads of St. Petersburg. Potentially, due to the increase in the number of trucks on the road, we may also see an increase in the number of truck accidents happening as well.
Accidents that involve DHL trucks usually result in much worse injuries than car accidents. Truck accident cases have a much higher chance of leaving the victims with long-lasting injuries. This is mostly because of the weight and size of these vehicles. If the driver is not paying attention to the road at all times, they can easily cause a catastrophic accident. In the last few years alone, there have been over 400,000 motorist accidents, per year, across the roads of America. Trucks are responsible for around 3% of these accidents. Although this may seem like a small number, frighteningly, truck accidents are responsible for 12% of all fatalities on the road. This goes to show how dangerous and possibly even how fatal truck accidents can be, and with more DHL delivery trucks on the roads, these numbers may increase. More information can be found at the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV).
The Law Place has many truck accident lawyers who have years of experience dealing with cases just like yours. We have over 75-years of combined experience and know the Florida law system inside and out. So if you have been involved in a truck accident, The Law Place has the lawyers for you. We also offer a free consultation and free case evaluation with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Our phone lines are open 24/7, so schedule your free consultation today.
Call us today at (941) 444-4444.
What Are the Most Common Causes of DHL Truck Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL?
With truck accident cases growing in number due to company’s such as FedEx and DHL growing rapidly in size over these last few years, we can see more common causes for these accidents. Although it can be tricky to decide who is at fault, some people assume that the driver is always to blame for an accident, when this isn’t always the case.
Luckily or team of truck accident lawyers in St. Petersburg have plenty of experience with these cases and will look into every specific detail on your behalf to ensure that we can claim the maximum compensation for you! The most common causes that or law firm see for these St. Petersburg truck accidents are listed below:
- Truck driver fatigue– Arguably, driving when fatigued and tired is more dangerous than driving under the influence of alcohol. Although usually the truck driver’s fault, the fatigue could be due to the trucking company overworking their staff. Some company’s offer payment schemes that reward longer hours. When drivers work overtime, they become a hazard to other drivers on the road. Driving when fatigued can cause vision impairment, make the driver much less alert on the roads, and in the worst-case scenario, they may even fall asleep at the wheel. All of these effects can easily cause a truck accident.
- Overloaded cargo – These DHL trucks can carry a lot of cargo. In some cases, up to 40 tonnes in weight can be loaded onto one truck. If this cargo is not loaded correctly, it could fall off the truck, leaving dangerous debris on the road for other drivers. Or, if the truck has a lot of weight that isn’t loaded correctly, it could affect the driver’s control of the vehicle, potentially causing a truck accident.
- Trucking company negligence – Any company can neglect to do essential work that they are responsible for. However, when it comes to trucking companies, corporate negligence can result in serious truck accidents. If the trucking company doesn’t perform proper truck maintenance or abide by the rules set by the government for hourly work limits, then they could be endangering other drivers on the road. One other way they could be neglectful is skipping red flags in the hiring process and hiring reckless drivers due to the demand for truck drivers. Hiring reckless drivers could potentially cause truck accidents.
- Negligent truck drivers – Much like the trucking company negligence, there are many ways in which a truck driver could be negligent in their responsibility to drive safely. This could involve driving whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving whilst tired or overworking themselves, and even possibly ignoring traffic laws. Any of these examples could result in a potentially dangerous accident.
- Driving under the influence –Driving under the influence of any substance such as alcohol or illegal drugs can result in the truck driver being the cause of an accident. Driving whilst under the influence may cause vision impairment, lack of control over the vehicle, and an overall lack of care for traffic laws. This is not only illegal but very dangerous and should never be done by any driver, neverminded a professional truck driver.
No one should have to suffer due to the actions of another negligent driver, so contact The Law Place today, and our truck accident lawyer team will help you get the compensation you may deserve!
For a free legal consultation with a dhl truck accidents lawyer serving St. Petersburg, call 941-444-4444
Common Examples of Injuries From Truck Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL.
There are many examples of injuries when it comes to these types of accidents. DHL truck accidents are no laughing matter. Even in the best-case scenarios, you could be walking away with serious injuries. In any case, you must seek a capable accident lawyer to help you claim compensation for your injuries.
The most common types of injuries that our personal injury lawyers see in truck accidents are listed below:
- Spinal cord and neck injuries – Any injury to the spinal cord or neck can change your life. It could leave you partially or fully paralyzed, affecting your movement capabilities for the rest of your life. Even in the best-case scenario, you may have an injury such as whiplash, and even whiplash can take weeks, if not months, to heal.
- Superficial wounds –These may include cuts, burns to the skin, lacerations, and abrasions.
- Head injuries– Affecting cognitive abilities such as thought, intelligence, and emotional range, receiving a head injury can cause life-threatening and long-lasting injuries that are not to be laughed at. In the worst-case scenario, you could be left in a coma for the foreseeable future.
- Broken bones or fractured bones – Although these injuries seem less serious than the others listed, a broken or fractured bone can affect your life for several months. You will have to wear a cast, and it may leave you unable to work until they have fully healed.
- Disfigurement and scarring – Although physically, these injuries aren’t serious, they can affect your confidence, and you may not be able to enjoy life to the same capacity as before.
- Amputation or dismemberment – When it comes to truck accidents, the possibility of amputation dramatically increases due to the weight and size of these delivery trucks.
- Internal bleeding or organ damage –Internal damages and bleeding to your organs can easily be just as bad as any other injury listed. You may not notice that you have internal bleeding as it may not show up on your body for up to 14-days. That’s why it’s essential to seek professional health care, even if you believe you are uninjured.
No one should have to suffer any of these injuries due to someone else’s actions on the road. That’s why we believe it’s essential that following a truck accident, you seek legal counsel from an experienced truck accident lawyer. We at The Law Place know exactly how to get you compensation for any injury, so contact us today and schedule a free consultation.
St. Petersburg DHL Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What Damages Can a St. Petersburg Truck Accident Lawyer Help Me Claim?
Compensation can be a tricky thing to claim, especially if you haven’t done so before. At The Law Place, we will take over this process for you, making it as easy as it can be whilst you focus on your recovery. When it comes to compensation, you will always be up against an experienced team of insurance company lawyers who will attempt to belittle and dismiss your claims, even if they are valid. Our lawyers at The Law Place won’t fall prey to these tricks and will work day and night to help you get the compensation you deserve. The difference between walking into court with one of our lawyers and walking in without will make a huge difference to the amount of compensation you may win in your case. So contact us today to speak with an experienced truck accident attorney to see if you’re liable to claim compensation.
If your case meets the requirements to claim compensation, then our law firm may try and help you claim for the following:
- Medical bills – Medical bills are arguably some of the largest bills you may receive from an accident. Especially in a truck accident, as the injuries you may sustain can be life-changing, and you shouldn’t be expected to pay these bills if the accident wasn’t your fault. Our team of lawyers will look over your medical records since the accident and work to get you and your family reimbursed with compensation for these medical bills.
- Loss of wages – Following a truck accident with a DHL delivery driver, you may have sustained injuries or be left unable to work efficiently. In these cases, you may be able to claim compensation for not only the lost wages that you have lost up to the day in court but also projected lost wages, providing you aren’t able to work for a while after the case has been settled.
- Wrongful death– No one wants to think about losing a loved one. If this has happened due to a truck accident you were involved in, then you may be able to claim compensation for funeral costs, lost wages of the lost loved one, and loss of consortium.
- Pain and suffering– Pain and suffering can be claimed when the victim feels that they may have mental trauma that is affecting their life. Simply put, if you feel that after an accident, you can’t enjoy life to the same capacity, then you may be able to claim pain and suffering.
Click to contact our St. Petersburg Truck Accident Lawyers today
Contact The Law Place Today!
Our team of personal injury lawyers at The Law Place understands the devastation a truck accident may cause. Not only the injuries but the amount of stress that is involved with these accidents can affect you for weeks, months, or even years. That’s why we aim to take as much stress away from you as possible. We will help you file your claim, investigate the case itself, talk to witnesses, and look through the police report to start deciding what you may be able to claim. We will also look for the causes of the accident and who was at fault in the accident. Although this won’t heal any injuries you may have, it will help you focus on your recovery while we do the work for your claim.
So contact The Law Place today and schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced personal injury lawyer today! Call us today at (941) 444-4444.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form