An 18-wheeler truck can carry up to 40 tonnes of weight in cargo. Any vehicle on the roads of St. Petersburg, FL., presents dangers. But the size and weight of these 18-wheelers make them some of the most dangerous vehicles on the road. The severity of injuries after being involved in a St. Petersburg truck accident with these vehicles can be catastrophic for all involved.
Due to the delivery, construction, and other industries booming across Florida, these trucks are becoming more and more common. In 2019 alone, according to The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 100,000 motorists suffered injuries due to being involved in a truck accident. The more shocking fact of the matter is that these trucks only class as 3% of the overall motorist accidents that happen on the road, but 12% of all fatalities on the road come from trucks as large as these.
Following an accident with these large trucks, it’s quite unlikely that either you or your family members got away unscathed. If you believe that the truck accident you were involved in wasn’t your fault, then you may be liable to claim compensation for; lost wages, medical bills, and any damages to your property. In this case, it’s always best to have a St. Petersburg truck accident attorney by your side – someone who knows the Florida law system like the back of their hand. When it comes to traffic-related incidents, The Law Place has over 75-years of combined experience. Not only this, but we offer a free consultation with any case.
So contact our law firm, The Law Place, today! Our phone lines are open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Contact us at (941) 444-4444.
Why You Need an Experienced St. Petersburg Truck Accident Attorney
When dealing with a truck accident case, having a capable truck accident attorney is essential, and there are many reasons why. Firstly, trucking companies will have likely had a lot of experience with defending any claims put against them or their drivers due to accidents. They will have experienced lawyers on their side and an investigator who will go to the scene of the accident and start making a case against you, minimizing their liability. In these cases, the difference between going into court with an experienced St. Petersburg accident attorney and walking in without one could change the entire outcome of your case.
All truck companies know how expensive a truck accident case can be for them. They may have to pay out extra compensation, get their trucks fixed, and could even face further legal action for corporate negligence. That’s why they will fight against you with all their might to avoid some of these costs. Even if they admit fault, they will always be attempting to minimize the payout to benefit themselves, making it even more essential to have an accident lawyer on your side.
For your best chance in court, if you have been involved in a truck accident on the roads of St. Petersburg, then hiring a capable truck accident attorney will help you get the compensation you deserve. Our Lawyers at The Law Place won’t fall prey to the tricks that insurance companies use to avoid liability. We know the Florida law system like the back of your hand and will take on the fight for you. We do this because we understand that following the truck accident, you most likely want to focus on your recovery. We will take over all the specifics of the case for you, put in the claim, and investigate on your behalf.
With over 75-years of combined experience and the ability to have a free consultation with a capable and experienced truck accident attorney, what’re you waiting for? Contact The Law Place today to take the next step toward the best outcome in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler truck accidents lawyer serving St. Petersburg, call 941-444-4444
Commons Causes of a St. Petersburg Truck Accident
Some may try and pin all liability on the truck driver. However, a truck accident can be very complicated. There are a lot of factors when it comes to who, what, and where to look to decide the cause of the accident.
The most common causes of truck accidents that our St. Petersburg truck accident attorneys see are:
- Equipment malfunction– Trucks can malfunction at any time. However, if trucks are malfunctioning on the roads and causing accidents, all because trucking companies are prioritizing profits over the maintenance of their trucks, then this is classed as corporate negligence. Unfortunately, this is much more common than you may assume.
- Driver being distracted –A truck driver has to be much more alert than other passenger vehicles on the road. This is because the size and weight of the vehicle make it much more dangerous not to pay attention when driving these trucks. Not paying attention to the roads can result in the driver causing a catastrophic accident easily.
- Truck driver fatigue– Truck accidents caused by fatigue, generally speaking, are often the driver’s fault. However, some large companies that offer services such as next-day and same-day delivery offer payment schemes for drivers to work longer than the legal limit. This is another example of corporate negligence. Therefore, it may not necessarily be entirely the driver’s fault.
- Driving over the speed limit –There are speed limits on the roads of St. Petersburg for a reason. Having speed limits on the roads protects everyone. Driving over the speed limit as a truck driver can be extremely dangerous. This is because the stopping time of these large 18-wheeler trucks is much longer than that of other vehicles, so if a driver speeds, the chances of having a possible life-threatening accident are increased greatly.
- Overloaded cargo –Due to the amount of cargo these trucks can carry, it’s quite common for them to be loaded incorrectly, which can cause issues for the driver. Having loose cargo can make the vehicle difficult to control, and if an accident does occur, the debris from this cargo can be very dangerous for all driver’s on the road.
If you believe that you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident with an 18-wheeler on the roads of St. Petersburg, then you may be able to claim compensation. Call today to find out more.
St. Petersburg 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
How Will a Truck Accident Lawyer Prove My Case in St. Petersburg, FL?
The truck accident lawyers at The Law Place have dealt with cases like these for years. Due to our 75-years of collective experience, we know these cases like the back of our hands, and your case is no different.
There are many things an experienced truck accident lawyer can help you with. Firstly, we aim to take the stress away from you so that you can focus on your recovery. We understand that the last thing you want to be doing whilst you or your family recover is talking to witnesses, creating a case for yourself, and then arguing this case with insurance companies or team of lawyers who, at the end of the day, are trying to belittle your claim. Our team at The Law Place will take over the specifics of the case and do the following to help you:
- We will talk to the police, collect any photographs taken, and look over the police report to get a clear idea of what happened at the scene of the accident.
- We will personally contact any noted witnesses that may be indicated in the police report. We will talk to them and see if they have any evidence to support your claim.
- We will then go to your family and take notes of how the accident and injuries themselves affected your livelihood. If we believe that your life has altered drastically and that you haven’t been able to enjoy life to the same capacity as before the accident, then we may look to claim pain and suffering. This claim is for the compensation of the mental trauma or anguish that you have gone through because of the accident.
- We will go through the medical records of you and your family members who might have been involved and ensure that you are reimbursed with compensation for your injuries.
- We will look to see if we can get a hold of any of the street camera footage that might show the accident. This can prove to be invaluable evidence in court. However, street cameras are wiped regularly, so the faster you hire an accident lawyer, the better chance we have of getting that evidence.
- Most trucks have a black box. If we get to it before it is repaired, then it should show how the truck was driven before the accident, building your case against the trucking company or driver.
- We will look into the truck’s history and make sure that the truck has been maintained properly prior to the accident.
This list of ways we can help your case is not limited to the lengths we will go to ensure that you get the compensation that you may deserve! The St. Petersburg truck accident lawyers at The Law Place all work under a no-win-no-fee basis because we know that the last thing you want to worry about on top of your injuries and case is our fees! So what’re you waiting for? Contact The Law Place today!
Compensation for Truck Accidents in Florida
The Law Place knows every detail when it comes to reasons for compensation, and we will use this knowledge to help you claim for all the compensation that may be allowed within your case.
- Medical expenses –If you have sustained injuries due to an accident with an 18-wheeler truck, then you may be able to claim your medical expenses back.
- Loss of earnings –Due to the accident, you may have lost the ability to go to work for some time. The wages that you lost due in this period of time can be claimed back through compensation. On top of this, if you have any long-lasting injuries, you may be able to claim for projected lost wages for however long it takes you to recover.
- Property damage –Any damages to your physical property such as your vehicle or belongings within the car can be claimed back in compensation.
- Wrongful death –Although no one expects it to happen or even wants to think of it, the worst-case scenario is that you lose a life of a loved one. Although it won’t bring them back, you deserve compensation for funeral expenses and loss of consortium.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact The Law Place Today!
Contact The Law Place today for a free consultation with an experienced lawyer. The trucking company insurance teams have very aggressive lawyers who will try to minimize your claim – don’t let this happen. Give us a call today and take the first step in getting the compensation you deserve.
Our phone lines are open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Contact us at (941) 444-4444.