More and more people in Florida are using online delivery services to do their shopping. As a result, there is an increasing number of package delivery trucks on Sarasota highways. DHL is just one of the companies involved in hundreds of delivery truck accidents each year in Florida and the US.
Due to the large size and heavyweight of the delivery trucks, more often than not, the accidents that occur have catastrophic consequences and result in serious injury and major vehicle damage. As a result, you may find yourself facing expensive medical bills and vehicle repair costs.
At The Law Place, we have over 75 years of combined experience in dealing with accidents involving delivery trucks. If you or a loved one have found yourself involved in a delivery truck accident in Sarasota, FL., that wasn’t your fault, then you could be entitled to compensation.
In This Article
- Common Causes of Delivery Truck Accidents in Sarasota, Florida
- Common Damages Resulting From Delivery Truck Accidents in Sarasota, Florida
- Who Is Liable for a Delivery Truck Accident in Sarasota, Florida?
- What Should You Do If You Find Yourself in an Accident With a Delivery Truck in Sarasota?
- How Can a Sarasota Truck Accident Lawyer Help You?
- Contact The Law Place Today!
Common Causes of Delivery Truck Accidents in Sarasota, Florida
There are many reasons why package delivery trucks cause traffic accidents. These accidents can range from simple minor accidents to devastating collisions. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents are:
- Driver fatigue – Often, truck drivers are expected to spend long hours behind the wheel in order to earn their wages. As a result, drivers become tired and their reaction times slow down.
- Impossible schedule to meet – Truck drivers are often under pressure to ensure deliveries reach their destination on time and often look to cut corners wherever they can to speed up delivery, making the chances of an accident occurring increasingly likely.
- Poorly loaded or overloaded cargo – This can make the vehicle difficult to control and steer, increasing the chances of an accident.
- Drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs – These substances can decrease reaction times and interfere with decision-making skills, making accidents more likely.
- Trucking company negligence – Trucking companies have a duty of care to their drivers and trucks, and when this is neglected, it increases the chance of an accident.
- Defective vehicle parts and poor maintenance of the truck – Often, trucking companies will cut corners in order to reduce costs and maximize profit, meaning that the trucks are not always in great condition.
- Stopping and standing hazards – In an effort to speed up deliveries, truck drivers often stop in front of their destination and just run in to deliver the packages. In these situations, more often than not, they don’t abide by parking requirements. As a result, traffic and pedestrians have to maneuver around the stopped truck and often directly into oncoming traffic. This presents a hazard and increases the likelihood of an accident.
For a free legal consultation with a dhl trucks lawyer serving Sarasota, call 941-444-4444
Common Damages Resulting From Delivery Truck Accidents in Sarasota, Florida
In Sarasota, FL., all road accidents have a number of similar claims that victims can file for. If you have been involved in a trucking accident, our law firm frequently helps clients to claim compensation for the following:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses.
- Loss of income.
- Loss of earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death.
If you have suffered as a result of a delivery truck accident in Sarasota, FL., then you may want to seek the representation of a truck accident lawyer. At The Law Place, our personal injury lawyers fully understand that no amount of compensation will make up for the pain and suffering caused. However, we hope to fight for your rights to ensure you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Sarasota DHL Trucks Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Who Is Liable for a Delivery Truck Accident in Sarasota, Florida?
Establishing who is liable for an accident is a key factor in any claim. Accidents that occur in the delivery trucking industry can be complex when it comes to liability, as often there can be multiple parties liable for a single claim. Establishing who is liable will depend on the circumstances of your Sarasota truck accident. A personal injury lawyer can establish liability for a delivery truck accident against any of the following parties:
- Delivery truck drivers.
- The delivery trucking company, such as DHL.
- The delivery truck manufacturer.
- The parts manufacturer.
- Third-party companies
- The insurance carrier.
- Other drivers at the scene.
Often it can prove complicated to identify the liable party in a delivery truck accident. Even if you may be partly at fault for an accident, you are still able to make a claim. Florida Statue 768.81 states that Florida operates under a comparative negligence scheme, which means that each party is held liable for the damages according to the percentage that the party is found to be at fault. At our law firm, a personal injury lawyer can help guide you through the process and support you with your claim. Contact us today to receive a free consultation with one of our truck accident lawyers.
What Should You Do If You Find Yourself in an Accident With a Delivery Truck in Sarasota?
If you or a loved one find yourself involved in an accident with a delivery truck in Sarasota, then we recommend you report the accident and seek legal advice as soon as possible after the incident. The sooner a claim is made, the sooner a truck accident lawyer can work to gather evidence and information that will support your case.
It is a legal requirement for all trucks to be fitted with an Event Data Recorder (EDR), more commonly known as a black box. These black boxes can be used in personal injury litigation and prove vital in establishing the cause of the accident and who was at fault.
At our law firm in Sarasota, FL., not only will your personal injury lawyer analyze the black box data, but they will also investigate the crime scene for any road markings or skid marks and interview any witnesses of the accident. All of these actions will strengthen your case and help you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Can a Sarasota Truck Accident Lawyer Help You?
At our law firm, our accident lawyers fully understand how catastrophic and stressful a truck accident can be. At The Law Place, we aim to make the legal side as stress-free as possible, which is why we offer a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer for anyone wishing to make a claim.
At The Law Place, our law firm works on a contingency basis, meaning that you won’t pay for anything upfront. The legal fees will simply be deducted once you win your case and receive your settlement. If, for any reason, your case is unsuccessful, then you won’t owe us anything.
All contingency fee structures are monitored by the State Bar Association. This association sets out guidelines for how much accident lawyers are allowed to charge for their services. At The Law Place, your personal injury lawyer will ensure you fully understand the legal costs before proceeding with your case.
Contact The Law Place Today!
If you have found yourself to be involved in an accident in Sarasota, Florida, that wasn’t your fault; you could be entitled to compensation. At our law firm, our truck accident lawyers have over 75 years of combined experience in handling cases similar to yours.
At The Law Place, our office hours are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact us on (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer, and start your claim today.