Truck accidents in St. Petersburg, unfortunately, are happening more and more every single year. This is mostly due to large delivery, industrial, and construction corporations growing rapidly in size over the last few years. Although this is good for the economy, it may increase the amount of St. Petersburg truck accident cases. Truck accidents, in comparison to passenger vehicle accidents, can be some of the most dangerous types of accidents that can happen on the road.
Generally speaking, accidents that involved trucks within St. Petersburg resulted in much more severe injuries. When we look at the statistics of motorist accidents shown in reports by Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV), we can see how dangerous truck accidents can be. Over the course of a year, just over 400,000 motorist accidents take place. 3% of these are truck accidents. However, although truck accidents occur much less than other accidents on the road, truck accidents account for 12% of all fatalities on the road. This shows how dangerous and life-threatening they can be.
Being involved in a St. Petersburg truck accident is no laughing matter. The after-effects can be life-changing, so if you or a family member have been unlucky enough to be involved in a truck accident that you believe wasn’t your fault, then you may be able to claim some sort of compensation, whether it’s for your injuries and medical bills or the wages you may have lost due to missing work – The Law Place is here for you. We have an experienced St. Petersburg accident lawyer team who boast over 75-years of combined experience who offer a free consultation and case evaluation with every call.
So contact us today at (941) 444-4444. Our phone lines are open 24/7, so what’re you waiting for?
What Are the Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL?
When looking at the causes of a St. Petersburg truck accident, there can be many different factors to go over. Not all truck accident cases are as simple as blaming just one person or factor. However, we have listed below the most common causes and reasons behind the truck accidents that we at The Law Place see daily:
- Truck driver fatigue- Scientifically speaking, driving whilst fatigued or tired is almost as dangerous as driving under the influence of alcohol. Driving tired can cause the truck driver to be less alert, their reaction times may be slower, and in the worst-case scenario may fall asleep at the wheel. All of these effects of fatigue can very easily cause an accident.
- Overloaded cargo – Some truck accidents might not be the fault of the driver or the trucking company at all. The cargo loader could be the cause of the accident. If the truck is holding cargo, it must be loaded and strapped down properly. If not properly loaded, cargo could fall off the truck, leaving dangerous debris on the road and potentially causing accidents for other drivers on the road. Secondly, cargo that isn’t strapped down may move and sway in the back of the truck affecting the driver’s control of the vehicle and potentially causing an accident.
- Trucking company negligence – There are many ways in which a trucking company may be the cause of truck accidents. They may overwork their drivers to make more profit. They could neglect to maintain their vehicles properly, causing them to malfunction on the roads and potentially cause an accident. Finally, they could skip red flags in the hiring process to meet the high demands that they may have for truck drivers. If this is the case, a reckless driver may be hired and possibly cause an accident down the line.
- Negligenttruck drivers – The most common cause for truck accidents is a negligent driver. Whether that may be the truck driver or the passenger vehicle driver, negligent driving is dangerous. This negligence may include, but isn’t limited to, reckless driving, speeding, ignoring traffic laws, or driving over the legal limit of alcohol. All of these issues can be causes of St. Petersburg truck accidents.
- Driving under the influence -Truck drivers have a lower blood concentration to alcohol limit than other drivers. This is because of the large size and weight of the trucks they drive. Driving over the limit causes vision impairment, slow reaction times, and an overall lack of care for the law, all of these could potentially cause a truck accident.
Regardless of the cause, no one should suffer because of another’s mistake on the roads. If you have been involved in a truck accident on the roads of St. Petersburg, then we recommend counting The Law Place and booking a free consultation with a St. Petersburg truck accident lawyer.
Common Examples of Personal Injury Resulting From Truck Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL.
There are many different injuries, ranging in severity that a truck accident may cause. We have listed the most common below:
- Spinal cord and neck injuries – Mobility issues and paralyzation aren’t uncommon after a spinal or neck injury due to a truck accident. These injuries can be very long-lasting and, in some cases, even life-threatening.
- Superficial wounds -Injuries that you may recover quickly from might include; cuts, abrasions, burns to the skin, or lacerations.
- Head injuries- A head injury is never going to be a good injury, especially when you’re involved in a trucking accident. Head injuries can leave you with very long-lasting cognitive disabilities and even leave you in a vegetative state.
- Broken bones or fractured bones -Broken and fractured bones can leave you unable to work for months.
- Disfigurement and scarring -Although these injuries may not be as serious, physically, to your health as the other injuries listed, they may result in serious mental issues. You may never look the same, and many people experience a lack of confidence and sometimes feel as though they can’t enjoy life to the same capacity due to their disfigurement.
- Amputation or dismemberment – The size and weight of trucks can range up to 40 tonnes. This amount of weight, on impact, can easily cause amputation and dismemberment. These injuries will affect you for the rest of your life.
- Internal bleeding or organ damage -Internal injuries can take up to 14-days to show. Because of this, it’s important, even if you feel like you are uninjured from your accident, that you contact and seek a medical professional to get checked out before you assume you’re uninjured, as leaving these injuries untreated may result in serious health issues later on.
If you have sustained any of these injuries due to a truck accident that you believe wasn’t your fault, then you may be entitled to claim compensation for your injuries and medical bills. If this is the case, then please contact a St. Petersburg truck accident attorney from The Law Place. Our lawyers will work day and night to ensure that you receive the most reasonable compensation possible, so contact us today!
What Damages a St. Petersburg Truck Accident Attorney Help Me Claim?
There may be many different factors to your case. As such, there may be many different things you may be able to claim compensation for after a truck accident. You may have injuries. You may have had to have a prolonged time away from work and are suffering financially but, whatever the case, our personal injury lawyers at The Law Place will know and may be able to help you get compensation for the following types of compensation:
- Medical bills – It’s unlikely that you or a loved one will walk away from an accident with a truck unscathed. If you have sustained any injuries and had treatment for them, then we may be able to help reimburse your medical bills through compensation.
- Loss of wages – Due to any injuries that you may have sustained from a truck accident, you might have to miss work. Because of this, you would have missed out on your usual wages. We may be able to help you claim compensation for these lost wages. This also applies to projected earnings.
- Wrongful death– In the worst-case scenario, you may have lost a loved one due to the accident. This is something no one should have to deal with, and although it may not help with your mourning, you may be able to claim for funeral costs and a loved one’s lost wages.
- Pain and suffering– If the capacity in which you enjoy life has depleted since the accident due to any mental trauma or anguish, then you may be entitled to claim for pain and suffering. Although harder to prove in court, our accident lawyers at The Law Place will know how to handle this for you.
Following a truck accident, we know that you most likely don’t want to deal with any more stress, especially the stress of navigating the Florida law system. That’s why we at The Law Place do our best to take this stress away by taking over any specifics of the case, handling investigations, and recovering any evidence so that you can focus on your recovery without having to deal with anything else.
Contact The Law Place Today!
Truck accidents ruin lives. No one should have to suffer at the hand of a negligent driver or trucking company. That’s why, if you have been involved in a truck accident, you should seek legal counsel.
Contact The Law Place today for a free consultation and case evaluation. Our phone lines are open 24/7. Contact us at (941) 444-4444.