The United States of America is known for its booming industrial and delivery industry, and St. Petersburg is no exception to this. On many of the roads in St. Petersburg, you will find big rig trucks. A big rig truck is used for the delivery of large amounts of cargo and can hold up to around 40 tonnes in weight at one time. However, with more of these big rigs on the road, it becomes more likely that a St. Petersburg truck accident may occur and, due to the size of these vehicles, these truck accidents can be life-threatening for all involved.
When a truck of this size and weight gets involved in an accident, it can be catastrophic. It’s much more likely for these truck accidents to result in life-threatening injuries. Across America alone, there are on average just over 400,000 motorist accidents per year, and 1 in 10 of these accidents result in a fatality caused by trucks, as seen in reports by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV). If you have found yourself to be unlucky enough to be involved in a truck accident, then hiring a capable St. Petersburg truck accident lawyer may be the best option for you to get the fairest and most reasonable amount of compensation to cover your damages.
Get in touch with The Law Place today. We boast over 75-years of experience in the field of Florida-based law, much of which is in traffic-related incidents just like yours. We are committed to our clients and offer the best attorney-client relationships. On top of this, we offer a free consultation for every client, so what’re you waiting for?
Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us today at (941) 444-4444.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Big Rig Trucking Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL?
A St. Petersburg truck accident can, unfortunately, happen all too often. When these accidents occur, there are plenty of possible explanations for why it may have happened, who was at fault, and who deserves compensation. Many St. Petersburg accident lawyers may look to pin the blame on the driver immediately, even though they might not be wrong. Here at The Law Place, we don’t like to leave any stone unturned.
There are many potential causes that our lawyers will look at for your St. Petersburg truck accident, including corporate negligence, improper driver training, and reckless driving. Below are a few more common causes for a truck accident to occur:
- Truck driver fatigue– Driving fatigue is very common. That’s why there are laws in place to maximize how long a delivery truck driver may drive before they become a danger for other drivers on the road. However, with payment schemes of large corporations, some drivers are pushed to break these limits, which therefore creates potentially dangerous situations.
- Overloaded cargo – The large trucks that drive around St. Petersburg can hold up to 40 tonnes of cargo. This cargo must be tied down properly so that it stays in place. Otherwise, the cargo can become loose and fall out of the truck, causing an accident.
- Trucking company negligence – Trucking companies in St. Petersburg may cut corners when it comes to vehicle maintenance to save money. Without proper maintenance, the trucks may malfunction on the road and potentially cause an accident.
- Negligenttruck drivers – Truck drivers can be very negligent on the roads. This may be because of long hours or even boredom, whatever the reason a negligent truck driver is the most dangerous of all. Truck drivers must be much more alert than passenger vehicles on the road due to the size and weight of the truck they are driving. If they aren’t alert, they could potentially be the cause of truck accidents.
- Driving under the influence –Driving under the influence is not only illegal but ultimately very dangerous, especially when driving a 40-tonne big rig truck. Driving under the influence slows reaction times, impairs vision, and makes it much easier to make mistakes behind the wheel.
Regardless of how truck accidents are caused, if you believe that you have suffered injuries, vehicle damage, or trauma due to a truck accident, then you should seek legal counsel with a St. Petersburg truck accident attorney, as you may be liable to compensation. The Law Place has experienced personal injury lawyers who you can speak with today, for free, as we offer a free consultation service for anyone who calls!
So contact The Law Place to get in contact with an experienced St. Petersburg truck accident attorney.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig truck accidents lawyer serving St. Petersburg, call 941-444-4444
Common Injuries From Truck Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL.
Truck accidents, big rig truck accidents specifically, can cause long-lasting and life-threatening injuries. It’s no joke. Being involved in an accident with such a large and heavy vehicle can leave your body and mind in bits. Due to the weight and size of the vehicle, the injuries sustained from being involved in an accident with a big rig truck are much more severe than that of being involved in a regular car accident. Below are some of the most common injuries that we at The Law Place see from being involved in these trucks accidents:
- Spinal injuries– Injuries to the back and neck are usually long-lasting or even fatal. Injuries to the spinal cord can cause mobility issues, and in worse-case scenarios, you could end up paralyzed.
- Superficial wounds – Burns, cuts, abrasions, bruises, and lacerations.
- Head Injuries– Due to the weight and size of these trucks, being hit in the head could prove to be fatal. Many victims of head injuries in truck accidents have long-lasting cognitive difficulties, affecting their emotions and intellectual range for the rest of their lives.
- Broken bones or fractured bones – Breaking/fracturing bones can affect your life for months, and in some cases, you may be left unable to work for a prolonged period.
- Disfigurement and scarring –Although these are more superficial injuries, they last a lifetime. Scarring and disfigurement can leave you less confident, and people report not being able to enjoy life to the same capacity as before the accident.
- Amputation or dismemberment – When being involved in a truck accident with a big rig, amputation of limbs becomes very likely.
- Internal bleeding or organ damage –Internal bleeding and organ damage can take up to 14 days to show, making them especially dangerous injuries. It’s vital after an accident that you contact a health professional and get checked before assuming you are uninjured.
If you or a loved one have found themselves with any of the injuries listed due to a negligent truck driver or believe that the accident wasn’t your fault, then you may be entitled to compensation for these injuries. Contact The Law Place today to book a free consultation and take the first step in the right direction for your court case.
St. Petersburg Big Rig Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What Damages Can a St. Petersburg Truck Accident Attorney Help Me Claim?
In St. Petersburg, our truck accident attorneys know the types of claims you can go after with your case. Our personal injury lawyers don’t fall prey to insurance company tricks. We will always push for the maximum payout for you. Some of the ways we will try to claim compensation for you are listed below:
- Medical bills – If you have sustained any injuries that had to be treated in hospital, then you will have medical bills that can be claimed back in compensation. This includes any future medical bills, depending on how severe your injuries are.
- Loss of wages – If you haven’t been able to work after the accident due to injuries or trauma, then you can claim back the wages you have missed out on. This also includes any wages you may miss in the future if you have a long-lasting injury that is preventing you from working.
- Pain and suffering– Although harder to prove in court, if you believe you have experienced mental trauma due to the event and feel you haven’t been able to live your life to the same capacity as before, then you can claim for that pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death– You may claim compensation based on the wrongful death of a loved one. This includes funeral costs, lost wages of the loved one, and medical bills.
We understand at The Law Place that getting compensation isn’t everything. We understand that the stress and trauma caused by the injuries and accident itself can affect your life in the worst ways. That’s why we aim to take away, at the very least, the stress of your claim. We will apply for the insurance claim for you and take over the specifics of the case so that you may focus on your recovery.
Contact The Law Place Today!
If you or someone you love has been involved in a St. Petersburg truck accident that you believe wasn’t your fault, contact The Law Place today.
Our experienced legal team of personal injury lawyers knows all the ins and outs of the Florida law system when it comes to traffic accidents. Our lawyers always work as a team to ensure that you receive the best experience and, hopefully, the maximum compensation for your case. We understand that the last thing you want to worry about is legal fees. That’s why all our personal injury lawyers work on a no-win-no-fee basis! So contact us and schedule a free consultation with a St. Petersburg truck accident attorney.
Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us today at (941) 444-4444.