Trucks are incredibly large and heavy vehicles, especially if they’re carrying any cargo, and so truck accidents are one of the most dangerous types of auto accidents. Trucks have the power to turn what would have been a regular car accident into a much more extreme and potentially fatal disaster because they have a much more powerful impact. These types of accidents commonly occur at intersections in St. Petersburg, Florida, as do a number of other car accidents.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a St. Petersburg truck accident that wasn’t your fault, then you should contact a reputable law firm as soon as possible to find out whether you could be entitled to compensation. Our team of truck accident attorneys at The Law Place has the knowledge needed to guide and support you through the grueling Florida legal system. By working with us, you will be ensuring that you have the best chance at winning the compensation you deserve.
So contact The Law Place today to schedule a free consultation with a skilled personal injury attorney!
Common Types of Truck Accidents at Intersections in St. Petersburg, FL.
There are a number of different types of truck accidents that can occur, and the severity of the injuries sustained by the victims depends on this. However, the most common truck accidents that occur at intersections are listed below:
- T-bone – This type of truck accident is the most common one that occurs at an intersection. T-bone accidents are where the front of a vehicle collides with the side of another vehicle. They can often be very dangerous because the sides of vehicles don’t have “crumple zones” and provide little protection for passengers.
- Rear-end – Trucks and other larger vehicles need more time and distance when braking to sufficiently slow down and/or reach a full stop. Because of this, if a truck driver hasn’t left enough room between them and the vehicle in front, the truck could rear-end the vehicle in front if it happened to stop suddenly.
- Underride – This is the same as a rear-end accident, but where the small vehicle crashes into the back of the truck. When this happens, it’s not unusual for the smaller vehicle to slide underneath the truck, which can cause serious injuries to the driver and passengers or even fatalities.
- Rollover – If a truck driver loses control of their vehicle on a turn or a curve, usually because they’re speeding, then the truck may flip or fall onto its side. This can crush traffic in the adjacent lane.
Truck accidents also occur if the truck hasn’t left enough room when they’re turning, and so they may collide with a vehicle in the next lane.
There are many other types of truck accidents that are not listed above. Regardless of the type of accident you were involved in, if you’ve been involved in a truck accident at an intersection in St. Petersburg, Florida, then you should contact The Law Place today. Our team will offer you a free consultation, where you will be able to speak to a knowledgeable accident lawyer and receive valuable legal advice and guidance specific to your case.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents at intersection lawyer serving St. Petersburg, call 941-444-4444
Common Causes of Truck Accidents at Intersections in St. Petersburg, FL.
Intersections can be very dangerous areas of the road for drivers of any vehicle, but this is especially true for truck drivers, as they need such a wide radius when making turns. However, this isn’t the only reason why a truck accident may occur at an intersection. Some of the most common causes are listed below:
- Distracted driving – When a driver is not paying sufficient attention to the road, they can quite easily cause potentially life-threatening accidents. Unfortunately, drivers can very easily be distracted, often by their cellphones, eating, talking to passengers, and more.
- Confused driving – If a driver isn’t familiar with the intersection they’re at, then they can become confused regarded what lane they should be in and what their turn is. This can lead to accidents.
- Driving under the influence – If a driver operates their vehicle whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs, then they won’t be adequately alert, their reaction times will be slow, and their decision-making skills will be impacted. This increases the risk of causing an accident.
- Impatient or aggressive driving – If a driver is speeding or committing other road violations, then not only is there an increased risk of an accident occurring, but it will also likely worsen the impact if one does happen.
- Failure to stop – If a driver runs a red light or ignores a stop sign, then they could easily cause a very dangerous accident.
- Driving error – If the truck driver misjudges how much time they need to brake or space they need to turn, then they could cause an accident.
Every intersection in St. Petersburg has the potential to be dangerous because of how many drivers are traveling in the same space but in different directions and lanes. However, the above factors increase the likelihood of an accident happening.
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident at an intersection in St. Petersburg, then you could be owed compensation. For a personal injury lawyer to assess your case and offer you legal advice, contact The Law Place today and book a free consultation. Don’t hesitate – start fighting for the justice that you deserve today!
St. Petersburg Truck Accident at Intersection Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Injuries Commonly Caused by a Truck Accident at an Intersection in St. Petersburg
All types of car accidents can leave those involved suffering from serious injury, but a crash involving a truck often leaves victims with even more devastating injuries, which can sometimes be fatal. This is because the sheer size and weight of trucks cause a bigger and often more catastrophic impact. Some injuries that are commonly sustained in truck accidents at intersections are listed below:
- Lacerations, bruises, cuts, soreness, and burns.
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash.
- Traumatic brain and head injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries, sometimes causing paralysis.
- Internal organ damage.
- Internal bleeding.
- Disfigurement or dismemberment.
- Permanent disability.
- Wrongful death.
Victims of truck accidents are often also left suffering from long-term emotional distress and trauma.
If you have been involved in a truck accident that left you injured or experiencing any other kind of impact on your life, then you should get in touch with our law firm. Regardless of how minor or life-changing the injuries might be, you could be owed thousands in financial compensation, and our personal injury attorneys want to help you receive the justice that you deserve. Our team has extensive experience in dealing with cases like yours, so you can trust that by working with us, you’ll be receiving the best advice and legal representation. Contact The Law Place today to schedule a free case evaluation.
Damages Commonly Awarded After a Truck Accident at an Intersection in St. Petersburg, FL.
Victims of truck accidents don’t only have to deal with the injuries they’ve sustained and the trauma left behind, but also huge financial losses, often due to medical bills and property repairs. We don’t think you should have to manage this unfair burden alone, and so we promise to do everything we can to ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve. Once you begin working with our attorneys, we’ll assess the damages you’ve suffered and determine how much compensation you deserve. The most common types of damages that The Law Place recover compensation for are listed below:
- Medical bills – If the injuries you sustained meant you required any kind of medical treatment, then you deserve compensation to cover those expenses, including any other related costs, such as prescriptions and travel to and from appointments.
- Property damage – If your vehicle was damaged, then you should be reimbursed for the costs of repairing it in St. Petersburg.
- Lost wages – If you were unable to attend work because of the injuries caused by the accident, then the wages you lost should be covered by compensation. If you have a reduced earning capacity because of the accident, you should receive compensation for this too.
- Pain and suffering – You may be entitled to compensation if the accident left you with emotional suffering.
- Wrongful death – If you have lost a loved one in a truck accident, then you deserve compensation to cover the funeral costs and loss of consortium.
We understand that no amount of money will heal your injuries or fix the trauma you’ve been left with. However, it will be able to cover any financial burdens you’re now struggling with and serve as closure and proof that some justice has been served, which can be very helpful for your personal recovery.
Because of how important financial compensation can be, you should not leave your case in the hands of amateurs. Our St. Petersburg truck accident lawyers have over 75 years of combined experience in helping clients just like you, and so you can trust that our team will be able to guide and support you through the complicated legal process. So to get started today, contact The Law Place now and schedule your free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Law Place Can Help You!
The Florida legal system can be complex and difficult to navigate, which is why it’s so essential that you enlist the help of an accomplished accident lawyer. Our team at The Law Place will be able to take care of the complicated legal work on your behalf, meaning that you can relax and focus on healing. We will ensure that you get every cent that you deserve and that you don’t get taken advantage of.
So if you or a loved one have been involved in a St. Petersburg truck accident that wasn’t your fault, contact The Law Place today to arrange a free consultation. And don’t worry about the cost – our lawyers work on a no-win-no-fee basis, meaning that you won’t have to pay us anything unless your case is successful.
So call us today!