Unfortunately, when driving any motor vehicle, accidents can always happen. The St. Petersburg roads and highways are often congested with traffic, and some of these drivers may be inexperienced, negligent, or careless. This can increase the already-present danger drastically. While all types of car accidents have the potential to result in devastating consequences, the larger the vehicle, the more damage they are likely to cause. As moving vans are often substantial in size and weight, accidents involving these vehicles can be catastrophic, and unfortunately, happen much more frequently than you may assume.
If you or a loved one have been injured or affected by a moving truck accident, then you could be entitled to compensation. It’s not always easy to secure compensation, even if you undoubtedly deserve it, as there’s a lot of steps to take. You must know who was liable for the accident, how much money you’re owed, and how to negotiate. In order to ensure you don’t make any mistakes, you should consider enlisting the help of skilled St. Petersburg truck accident lawyers. They will be able to take on the big insurance companies, guide you through the legal system, and fight for your rights. Our attorneys at The Law Place can do this for you.
We understand how unexpected and life-changing moving van accidents can be, and that’s why we want to help you get the justice that you deserve. With over 75 years of combined experience in dealing with the Florida legal system and helping clients just like you, you can trust that our personal injury lawyers have the knowledge and resources required to secure every cent that you’re owed. So don’t wait: begin the process of receiving compensation today by contacting The Law Place.
Call (941) 444-4444 and book your completely free legal consultation today!
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in St. Petersburg
In many moving van accidents, it is the van driver who is to blame for the crash. The most common causes of moving truck accidents in St. Petersburg are listed below:
- Fatigue – Driving while fatigued means that drivers aren’t concentrating on the road and surroundings sufficiently and are slow to react.
- Distracted driving – Distracted driving is incredibly common in today’s world because of cell phones, but there is a whole range of other activities that can distract drivers, such as eating and drinking or talking to passengers.
- Negligent or aggressive driving – These behaviors include tailgating, failure to yield, speeding, and any actions that don’t comply with the rules of the road.
- Driving under the influence – This is dangerous, as the alcohol or drugs consumed will impact decision-making skills and slow reaction times.
- Poor loading or overloading of cargo – Cargo that is too heavy or improperly loaded have the potential to cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle.
- Badly maintained trucks – If a truck is not properly maintained, then truck defects, such as tire blowouts, engine failures, and brake faults, can occur, which can result in a dangerous accident.
- Inadequate training of drivers – If the driver doesn’t have sufficient and adequate training regarding driving such a large vehicle, then the risk of a collision is increased significantly.
- Bad weather – Florida often experiences frequent and heavy downpours, which can limit visibility and make roads very slippery, which can cause accidents.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a moving van accident that was not your fault, then you may be owed compensation, regardless of the specific cause. If you want an experienced St. Petersburg truck accident lawyer to evaluate your case and give you legal advice, then call The Law Place today. You will be able to schedule a free consultation with a lawyer from our firm and begin the process of receiving the compensation that you deserve.
Types of Truck Accidents in St. Petersburg
The severity of damages and injuries caused in a van accident often depends on the type of crash. There is a wide range of accidents that a truck can be involved in, but the most common types are listed below:
- Override – This is where a truck rear-ends a smaller vehicle.
- Underride – This is where the smaller vehicle rear-ends the van.
- Cargo spill – If cargo falls out of the moving van, then this can result in accidents, as the cargo can create obstructions once on the road or fall onto another vehicle.
- Rollover – If a driver travels too fast around a corner or bend, their truck can become unsteady and tip over. If the truck falls onto another vehicle or causes a blockade, then this can result in a big chain-reaction crash.
If you were involved in one of the above types of crashes, or any other, then you may be entitled to compensation. All moving van accidents have the potential to be incredibly dangerous, and so we want to help you get the justice that you deserve. Our personal injury lawyers have clients all over Florida, and so if you’ve been involved in a van accident anywhere in the state, then we’re here to help! To find out if you are owed thousands in compensation, contact The Law Place today and schedule your completely free, no-obligation consultation.
Common Injuries From Moving Van Accidents
Because of the large size and weight of moving vans, auto accidents involving these trucks can often lead to severe injuries and extreme damages. Below are some of the most common injuries that are caused by truck accidents:
- Cuts, bruises, and soreness.
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash.
- Head or brain injuries.
- Internal bleeding and organ damage.
- Broken and fractured bones.
- Wrongful death.
If you have endured any type of injury or impact because of a van accident that wasn’t your fault, then you should contact The Law Place today and schedule a free case evaluation. One of our experienced truck accident lawyers will be able to discuss your case with you in detail and recommend what your next steps should be in fighting for the compensation that you deserve.
Common Damages Following Moving Van Accidents in Florida
If you’ve been involved in a St. Petersburg truck accident that wasn’t your fault, then you may be able to claim for damages. At The Law Place, a skilled accident lawyer will evaluate your case and ensure that you seek the highest amount of compensation possible. While every case is different, listed below are the damages most commonly won by our team:
- Medical expenses – If you suffered an injury in the accident, then you deserve compensation to cover the medical bills and any related costs you had to pay.
- Lost wages – If you couldn’t go to work because of your injuries, then you could be entitled to compensation to cover the wages you lost.
- Pain and suffering – You will likely be suffering physically and emotionally after the accident and may have lost enjoyment in activities you used to regularly take part in. Although pain and suffering can often be difficult to prove in court, with a knowledgeable attorney on your side, you’ll be much more likely to get the compensation you deserve.
- Property damage – If your vehicle was damaged in the accident, then the costs of repairs should be covered.
- Wrongful death – If you sadly lost a loved one because of the accident, then you deserve compensation to cover the funeral and burial costs and loss of consortium.
To find out what damages you could be entitled to, contact The Law Place today. The losses endured from a moving van accident can be devastating and long-lasting, and so we want to help you get the justice you deserve. A St. Petersburg truck accident lawyer from our law firm will be able to assess the damages that you’ve sustained and build a strong case on your behalf, to give you the best possible chance of receiving compensation.
How a St. Petersburg Truck Accident Lawyer Could Help You
If you are thinking about filing a lawsuit, you need to hire a personal injury lawyer who has plenty of experience in working cases similar to yours. This is because they will have the knowledge and skill required to build a solid case on your behalf. Some specific ways that our St. Petersburg lawyers can help you include the following:
- Give you valuable legal advice and answer any questions you have.
- Investigate your case.
- Gather relevant evidence, such as witness statements and police reports, to strengthen your case.
- Determine the value of your case based on employment records, medical bills, receipts, and more.
- Communicate with the defense team to try to negotiate a fair settlement.
- Represent you in court and fight for the compensation that we believe you’re owed.
If you are considering enlisting the help of a personal injury lawyer, you should consider contacting us as soon as possible. Under Florida Statute 95.11, accident victims only have four years to file their lawsuit, or else any attempts after this time period will be immediately dismissed. To give our personal injury lawyers plenty of time to investigate and build your case, thereby giving you the best chance at winning all the compensation you deserve, contact The Law Place now and schedule your free consultation.
How Much Will My Van Accident Lawyer Cost?
There is a misconception that hiring a personal injury attorney and filing a lawsuit is incredibly expensive and unaffordable. This often stops people from seeking legal help, meaning that they miss out on securing the compensation that they deserve.
However, we assure you that you have nothing to fear if you hire our team at The Law Place. As our truck accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, also known as no-win-no-fee, you won’t have to pay us a single cent unless your case is successful. Even then, you won’t have to pay us anything directly from your pocket – instead, we’ll simply subtract our legal fees from the final settlement.
All our contingency work is strictly monitored by The State Bar Association, and this means that you don’t have to be concerned about any unexpected costs. To work with an attorney that you can trust, get in touch with The Law Place today.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you or a loved one have been involved in a moving van accident that wasn’t your fault, then you need to contact The Law Place today. We are here to help guide and support you through this complex legal process, all while fighting to secure the compensation that you deserve.
Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so call us now at (941) 444-4444.