St. Petersburg’s growing tow truck industry means that the number of larger trucks being driven on the roads is rising. Any good truck accident lawyer will tell you that this could be dangerous for other drivers on the roads. Truck accident cases, in general, have a higher chance of leaving the victims with life-threatening or long-lasting injuries. Because of this, it’s no surprise that the rising amount of tow trucks, delivery trucks, and construction trucks on the roads is a concern.
When trucks of this size get into accidents with passenger vehicles, the results can be catastrophic. It’s more likely for a truck to be involved in a multiple car accident, and, on top of this, a truck will most likely cause much more damage and destruction to vehicles and victims than that of a passenger vehicle accident. Statistically speaking, there are just over, on average, 400,000 motorist accidents across the roads of the United States. Truck accidents are responsible for 3% of this number. What’s scary, however, is that 12% of the fatalities on the roads of America are caused by truck accidents, as shown in the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV). Being involved in a truck accident in St. Petersburg is scary enough. You or your family could have injuries, trauma, or physical damage to your property. If this is the case, then please consider getting in touch with a St. Petersburg truck accident lawyer. Doing so will help your compensation claim become a much smoother process.
The Law Place is a law firm that boasts over 75-years of combined experience. Many of these years have been spent on cases similar to yours. Our reviews show second to none attorney-client relationships and that we will work day and night to fight for your case. We also offer a free consultation and evaluation on every case so, if you have been involved in a truck accident around the St. Petersburg area, don’t hesitate to get in contact with us!
Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us today at (941) 444-4444.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Tow Truck Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL?
The number of tow trucks, and truck accidents, in general, are on the rise. Unfortunately, although no one wants to think about it, an accident can happen to anyone at any time. When it comes to deciding who is to blame and what is the cause of these accidents, it may be more complicated than you may think. Many factors can be involved in a truck accident. The passenger vehicles’ actions, the truck driver’s actions, and the trucking companies’ maintenance and payment schemes all come into play when deciding the cause.
Our St. Petersburg truck accident lawyer team at The Law Place sees these cases often enough to know the common causes of these accidents. These common causes are listed below:
- Truck driver fatigue- Driver’s fatigue is common among all drivers, and usually, it is the fault of the driver if they allow themself to drive when tired. However, it is possible that the trucking company is also to blame in these cases. Larger companies have payment schemes that reward drivers with more money the longer they work. This means truck drivers are overworked, and the accident itself may be because of the trucking company overworking their staff.
- Overloaded cargo – Tow trucks can carry large amounts of cargo in the form of vehicles that they tow. Because of this, it’s essential that any cargo they are carrying is strapped down properly and that the cargo doesn’t exceed the truck’s maximum weight limit. Having a truck that’s too heavy on the roads can affect the driver’s control of the vehicle and could potentially cause an accident. Not only this, but if any cargo isn’t strapped down properly, it could fall off the truck and leave dangerous debris on the road for other drivers. This debris can easily create a dangerous accident on its own if another driver hits it at speed.
- Trucking company negligence – Trucking company negligence can come in many forms, such as payment schemes that overwork their drivers, causing driver fatigue. Lack of vehicle maintenance could result in a truck malfunctioning on the roads and causing an accident. Or even skipping red flags in the hiring process due to the high demand for truck drivers.
- Negligenttruck drivers – Truck drivers are on the roads for most of the day. They work long hours and, because of this, they can become negligent to traffic laws. They could be driving recklessly, speeding, or driving intoxicated. All of these examples are dangerous for everyone on the road and could cause an accident.
- Driving under the influence -Driving under the influence of either drugs or alcohol is not only illegal but very dangerous. Driving whilst under the effects of alcohol means that the driver may have impaired vision, a lack of care for the law, and slower reaction times. When driving a tow truck that weighs four times that of a regular passenger car, being over the limit is very dangerous.
Regardless of how the truck accident was caused, if you believe that you or a loved one has been involved in a St. Petersburg truck accident, then it’s in your best interest to seek capable legal counsel. A St. Petersburg truck accident lawyer can help you claim compensation against your insurance, which can be a complicated process if you’ve never done it before. We can also take over the specifics of your case and complete any investigative work that may need to be done!
So contact The Law Place to get in contact with an experienced St. Petersburg truck accident attorney.
For a free legal consultation with a tow truck accidents lawyer serving St. Petersburg, call 941-444-4444
Common Examples Injuries From Truck Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL.
Any motorist accident can result in severe injuries, but truck accidents have the largest chance to cause the most severe accidents. Due to the size and weight of the vehicle, they can cause serious damage not only to your vehicle but your body as well. Below are the most common injuries that our personal injury lawyers see at The Law Place:
- Spinal injuries- Mobility issues and paralyzation aren’t irregular when it comes to injuries sustained to the back and neck. These injuries are no laughing matter and can change the quality of your life for the foreseeable future.
- Superficial wounds -Burns, cuts, abrasions, bruises, and lacerations.
- Head injuries- Head injuries from truck accidents are usually some of the worse head injuries you can sustain. Many victims have reduced cognitive abilities after a truck accident, such as lack of emotional or intellectual range.
- Broken bones or fractured bones – Although a broken bone may not be as severe as some of the other injuries mentioned, they can affect your life for months. This may result in you not being able to work or enjoy life to the same capacity as before the accident.
- Disfigurement and scarring -Superficial injuries such as scarring and disfigurement won’t affect you physically as much as the other injuries, but they can affect your mental health, confidence, and enjoyment of life due to the accident.
- Amputation or dismemberment – Truck accidents are no laughing matter. The size and weight of a truck can easily cause amputation of limbs when involved in an accident.
If you or a family member has been involved in an accident that involves a tow truck or a different type of large truck, and think that you may be liable to claim compensation due to your injuries, then call The Law Place today and schedule a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer who deals with cases like yours daily.
St. Petersburg Tow Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What Damages Can a St. Petersburg Truck Accident Lawyer Help Me Claim?
In St. Petersburg, our truck accident attorney team know the types of claims you can go after with your case. The difference between applying for an insurance claim with a St. Petersburg accident lawyer by your side and claiming without one can change the outcome of your case drastically. In many cases, insurance companies will fight for the least amount of liability so that they pay out the minimum amount of compensation. However, our personal injury lawyers at The Law Place don’t fall prey to insurance company tricks. We will always push for the maximum payout for you. Some of the ways we will try to claim compensation for you are listed below:
- Medical bills – If, due to the injuries you have received in a truck accident, you have medical bills, then we will look through your medical records and try to get it all reimbursed through compensation.
- Loss of wages – If, because of the truck accident, you have sustained an injury or trauma that is stopping you from going back to work for a period of time, then you may be liable to claim for these lost wages. Not only this, but if you have to miss work for a long time, you may be able to claim for that projected amount of wages too!
- Wrongful death– In the worst-case scenario, you may have lost a loved one, and although it may not help toward your mourning, you do deserve the compensation for the funeral costs and any lost wages of that loved one.
- Pain and suffering– It may be harder to prove in court, but if you feel that the capacity that you enjoy life has lessened since the truck accident, then you may be able to claim for this.
At The Law Place, we understand that the last thing you want to do after a truck accident is to look through your case, find evidence, and look at what compensation you can claim. It’s a complicated and stressful process. That’s where we come in. We will take over this process for you and build your case while you focus on a healthy recovery. We do our best to ensure that the process is as stress-free for you as possible, so contact The Law Place today and schedule your free consultation.
Click to contact our St. Petersburg Truck Accident Lawyers today
Contact The Law Place Today!
Our experienced team of personal injury lawyers deals with truck and traffic-related accidents daily. We know the Florida law system like the back of our hand and want to help you get the compensation you deserve! No one deserves to suffer because of someone else, so if you have been involved in an accident that you believe wasn’t your fault, then contact The Law Place today and take the first step in the right direction.
Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us today at (941) 444-4444.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form