The State of Florida is home to many glorious beaches, lakes, and bays, meaning that the number of boat registrations is incredibly high. Unfortunately, this also means that the number of boating accidents is also high. Every year, more boating accidents happen in Florida than in any other state. These preventable accidents often result in life-changing injuries and, in extreme cases, sometimes even fatalities.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a St. Petersburg boating accident that wasn’t your fault, then you could be entitled to compensation. Our legal team at The Law Place is here to help you secure the justice that you deserve.
With over 75 years of combined experience in working with the Florida legal system and helping clients just like you, you can trust that our attorneys have the resources and knowledge required to ensure that you get any and all compensation that you’re owed. Our personal injury lawyers are seasoned litigators who are ready to counsel you today.
So to schedule a free consultation with a dedicated and skilled boat accident lawyer, contact The Law Place today! Phone lines are open 24/7.
In This Article
- Common Boat Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL.
- Common Causes of Boating Accidents in Florida
- Common Injuries Sustained in Boat Accidents
- Who Can Be Held Liable in a Florida Boat Accident?
- Entitlement to Compensation After Your Florida Boat Accident
- How Can a St. Petersburg Boating Accident Attorney Help?
- Contact a Florida Personal Injury Attorney Today
Common Boat Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL.
There are many different types of boat accidents that frequently happen all over the State of Florida. Every type can result in victims sustaining serious injuries and sometimes even fatalities.
The most common types of boating accidents that occur in St. Petersburg include the following:
- Collisions with fixed objects.
- Collisions with other vessels.
- Falling overboard.
- Falling on the boat.
- Fuel fires or explosions.
- Hitting underwater objects.
- Wake damage.
Even if the accident you were involved in wasn’t like any of those listed above, you could still be owed compensation, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with The Law Place today and speak to a skilled boat accident attorney.
For a free legal consultation with a boating accidents lawyer serving St. Petersburg, call 941-444-4444
Common Causes of Boating Accidents in Florida
When a boat operator acts recklessly, negligently, or carelessly, they automatically put everyone around them at serious risk. According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, the most common cause of boat accidents is inattention. However, there are many other reasons why an accident may occur.
Some of the leading causes of St. Petersburg boating accidents include the following:
- Failure to pay adequate attention to the surroundings.
- Careless or reckless operation of the boat.
- Driving at excessive or dangerous speeds.
- Boating under the influence of alcohol or drugs (BUI).
- Inexperienced operator or a lack of knowledge.
- Boating equipment malfunction or failure.
- Driving too closely to other vessels.
- Failure to watch out for jet skis or skiers.
Regardless of what caused the boat accident that you were involved in, as long as the incident wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to compensation. For more information specific to your case, contact The Law Place today and book your completely free consultation.
St. Petersburg Boating Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Common Injuries Sustained in Boat Accidents
Just like with motor vehicle accidents, boating accidents can result in victims suffering from a wide variety of injuries, which can range from minor to severe. Unfortunately, many boat accident victims can experience life-changing impacts after the incident, which is why it’s so important for victims to receive the compensation and justice that they deserve.
Some of the injuries most commonly caused by boat accidents are listed below:
- Lacerations, burns, sprains, strains, bruises, and soreness.
- Fractured or broken bones.
- Head injuries, such as concussions.
- Internal injuries, such as internal bleeding or organ damage.
- Spinal cord and back injuries.
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash.
- Teeth and jaw injuries.
- Wrongful death.
Even within each category listed above, the level of severity can fluctuate widely. For example, a head injury can constitute a small concussion or a traumatic brain injury that could change the victim’s life forever.
Whether you believe the injuries you sustained were minor or devastating, you could deserve compensation. To speak to an experienced personal injury lawyer and receive their professional advice regarding your case, call The Law Place today.
Who Can Be Held Liable in a Florida Boat Accident?
In order to receive any compensation, there must be an individual or organization that was at fault for the boating accident. Depending on the circumstances, the party liable may not be obvious at first, and it can sometimes be incredibly difficult to work out who was at fault and even more challenging to prove this in court.
Because of this, it’s crucial that you hire a seasoned St. Petersburg boating accident lawyer immediately so that they can help you with your case. Their experience and skill will mean that they’re much more likely to accurately establish who is liable for the accident and hold them responsible.
Some parties that are commonly found to be at fault for boating accidents are listed below:
- The boat owner.
- The operator.
- A passenger.
- The boat manufacturer.
- The rental company that rented the boat.
In order to be certain they made the right decision, the legal team at The Law Place would thoroughly investigate your case and gather as much evidence as possible, meaning that when they present your case, you have a much better chance at receiving the compensation that you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Entitlement to Compensation After Your Florida Boat Accident
Once our Florida boating accident attorneys have determined who is liable for your accident, they will begin to assess the damages you’ve sustained and calculate how much compensation you’re entitled to.
Our team has plenty of experience in dealing with insurance companies after serious boating accidents, meaning we know the tactics they regularly use to reduce or deny claims. Therefore, you will be able to anticipate their moves, so that they won’t be able to take advantage of you. You can be confident that by working with our personal injury lawyers, you’ll be giving yourself the best chance at receiving the compensation that you deserve for all the losses you’ve endured from the accident.
Some of the damages that The Law Place often recover compensation for include the following:
- Medical bills – If the injuries you sustained meant you required medical care, then your medical bills and other related expenses should be covered in compensation.
- Lost wages – If the impact of the accident meant you couldn’t attend work for a period of time, then any wages that you lost should be reimbursed.
- Lost earning capacity – If you can no longer do the same work or the same amount of work that you could before the accident, then you deserve compensation.
- Property damage – If your vessel or personal property was damaged, destroyed, or lost in the accident, then you deserve compensation to cover the repairs or replacements.
- Pain and suffering – If you are still suffering from physical pain or emotional distress, then you deserve compensation. This can be hard to prove in court, and so it’s vital that you have a team of experienced boat accident lawyers on your side to fight on your behalf.
- Wrongful death – If you lost a loved one in the accident, then you deserve compensation to cover the funeral and burial costs, as well as loss of consortium.
This list is not exhaustive, meaning that if you sustained any other types of damages because of the boating accident, then you could be entitled to compensation to cover your losses. To find out how much compensation you could be entitled to, contact an attorney at The Law Place today.
How Can a St. Petersburg Boating Accident Attorney Help?
As soon as you are involved in a boating accident, you will need someone on your side. You will likely be in a lot of pain and emotional distress following the accident, and so we want to help you by taking the legal burdens off your shoulders. Your time is better spent focusing on healing.
A St. Petersburg boat accident lawyer would be able to:
- Closely investigate the incident.
- Determine the cause of the crash.
- Identify all liable parties.
- Gather strong evidence.
- Interview any eyewitnesses.
- Obtain police reports and recorded statements.
- Negotiate with insurance companies and the defendant.
- Professionally represent you in court.
Contact a Florida Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or a loved one have been injured in a St. Petersburg boat accident that wasn’t your fault, then you should contact The Law Place today. Our proficient personal injury lawyers have the skill and intelligence needed to thoroughly analyze your case and secure the compensation and justice that you deserve.
Our phone lines are open 24/7, so don’t hesitate to contact us now and schedule a free case evaluation.
Don’t settle for less than you deserve. Call us today.