All kinds of motor vehicle accidents can be incredibly traumatic and leave those involved with life-changing injuries. However, as big rig trucks are larger, heavier, and more complex vehicles to drive, they usually always cause more destruction than regular cars would, meaning the severity can be even worse if a truck is involved in an accident. In fact, even when truck accident victims survive, it’s not uncommon that they are left suffering from severe and debilitating injuries that may change their lives forever.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Port Charlotte truck accident that was not the victim’s fault, then it’s crucial that you contact a personal injury lawyer today. Without the help of a professional truck accident lawyer, you could be missing out on the chance of winning the compensation and justice that you wholly deserve.
The Law Place, with offices all over the State of Florida, has a team of skilled and reputable lawyers who have over 75 years of combined experience in working with truck accident cases like yours. So to schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled Port Charlotte truck accident lawyers, where you will receive excellent legal advice, call us today at (941) 444-4444! Phone lines are open 24/7.
Common Injuries That Are Sustained in Truck Accidents
Victims of any type of car accident can end up suffering from catastrophic injuries, and, unfortunately, in severe cases, crashes can even cause fatalities. However, because of the scale and bulk of big rig trucks compared to other motor vehicles that they could be involved in a collision with, truck accidents are more likely to cause extreme destruction and devastation.
Some of the most common injuries that are sustained in Port Charlotte truck accidents are listed below:
- Brain trauma and head injuries.
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash.
- Back and spine injuries.
- Lacerations, bruises, burns, and soreness.
- Fractured and broken bones.
- Internal bleeding.
- Internal organ damage.
- Wrongful death.
If you have been involved in a Port Charlotte truck accident and have suffered from any injuries not exclusive to those listed above, then you should contact The Law Place as soon as possible to schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled personal injury attorneys. No matter how minor or major your injuries might be, you could still be entitled to compensation, and our truck accident lawyers are prepared to work tirelessly to secure the justice that you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig truck accidents lawyer serving Port Charlotte, call 941-444-4444
Duty of Care
In Port Charlotte and all over the State of Florida, every driver, regardless of what vehicle they drive, has a duty of care. This is a legal requirement, whereby everyone must act with the same reasonable amount of care that any other logical person would, based on the circumstances. This includes abiding by the rules of the road and paying close attention to other road users, pedestrians, and the surroundings.
As the federal and state trucking regulations explain, all big rig drivers are legally required to abide by this duty of care. In the case that this duty of care is breached, then accidents can often occur due to negligent or distracted driving.
Port Charlotte Big Rig Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Establishing Liability for a Big Rig Truck Accident in Port Charlotte, FL.
Possibly the most important factor in any truck accident claim is determining liability. Establishing who should be held liable for a truck accident is often a complex process as there can be many different parties that could be held responsible. Depending on the specific circumstances surrounding your truck accident, it’s possible for any of the following parties to be held liable:
- The truck driver.
- The trucking company.
- The truck manufacturer.
- Third-party providers.
- The insurance company.
At The Law Place, you can trust that our truck accident attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case to determine who was at fault for the crash and will fight to ensure you receive the best possible outcome. So if you’ve been involved in a truck accident in Port Charlotte, Florida, then contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
What Damages Am I Entitled to After a Big Rig Truck Accident in Port Charlotte, FL?
Some of the most common damages that the truck accident attorneys at our law firm have secured compensation for are listed below:
- Medical bills – It’s likely that after the accident, you received medical treatment. If this is the case, then you should be reimbursed for any medical bills for injuries that you sustained in the truck accident and any other related expenses, such as prescriptions, the cost of traveling to and from appointments, and more.
- Property damage – If your vehicle sustained damage from the impact of the truck accident, then the cost of the repairs should be covered by compensation.
- Lost wages – If the injuries you sustained from the truck accident meant that you had to take time off from work and/or still need to, then you could be entitled to compensation to cover the wages you lost. The injuries may also mean that your future earning potential has been affected, and if so, you deserve to be appropriately compensated for this, too.
- Pain and suffering – If the trauma you experienced has left you suffering emotionally or mentally, then you may deserve compensation. However, this is often difficult to prove in court, and so it’s crucial that you hire an experienced personal injury attorney to fight on your behalf.
- Wrongful death – If you have lost a loved one in a big rig truck accident, then you could be entitled to compensation to cover the funeral costs and loss of consortium.
It’s also important to note that Florida is a comparative fault state under Florida Statute 768.81. This ultimately means that you can be held partially responsible for the accident. However, as long as you are found to be less than 50% at fault, you can still file a lawsuit, but your final settlement will be reduced by how much you are deemed to be at fault.
We understand that no amount of financial compensation will be able to heal the trauma that you’re suffering from, but it will help you manage the financial burdens you may be facing because of the crash and serve as some proof that justice has been served.
Because of this, it’s crucial that you contact The Law Place if you’ve been involved in a truck accident in Port Charlotte, Florida. Our truck accident lawyers will be able to offer you advice and help that you can rely on and will fight for the compensation that you deserve. So don’t hesitate to call The Law Place today and schedule a free consultation to speak to a dedicated personal injury lawyer.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Port Charlotte Truck Accident Lawyer Could Help You
It’s vital that when you decide to file a lawsuit in Florida, you hire a personal injury lawyer with plenty of experience in working on similar cases to yours. By doing this, you will be ensuring that they already have the necessary skill and knowledge, meaning they’ll be able to build a strong case on your behalf.
Some specific ways that our Port Charlotte truck accident lawyers can help you are listed below:
- Provide valuable legal advice and answer any questions you may have.
- Thoroughly investigate your case and gather all types of useful evidence.
- Determine the value of your case based on evidence.
- Communicate with insurance companies and the defense team to negotiate a fair settlement if we believe that’s the best option.
- Fight on your behalf in court if we believe the settlement is too low.
In Florida, truck accident victims have the right to hold at-fault drivers liable for the damages that they received because of the driver’s negligence. Our team of experienced Port Charlotte accident lawyers will fight to ensure this right is upheld and that you receive justice, so call us today to schedule a free consultation.
Contact The Law Place Today!
Unfortunately, devastating truck accidents occur far too often in Port Charlotte, Florida, and victims are often left seriously injured and traumatized, despite the crash not being their fault.
If you or a loved one have experienced this, then we want to help you get the justice that you deserve. You can trust that our team at The Law Place will work diligently to build a strong case on your behalf and fight to secure your compensation so that you can relax on focus on healing, knowing that professionals are handling your case.
Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so call us today to schedule a free consultation at (941) 444-4444.