There are many uses for big rig trucks in North Port, FL., so it is not unusual for truck drivers to be working the road transporting bulky goods or exporting cargo for big companies. Because every accident in the North Port is different, it can be hard to determine whether you should be entitled to compensation. It is safe to say that any big-rig accident is considerably more dangerous than car accidents.
If you were involved in a truck accident, then there’s a reasonable chance that you have received huge damages or life-altering injuries. Undergoing such personal injuries may prevent you from going to work, meaning that you will lose out on wages, or you may be unable to take part in your usual activities.
If you have been unlucky enough to sustain any life-altering injuries, you will need the help of an experienced truck accident attorney to look into all of the evidence of your accident and gain the compensation you deserve.
Feel free to give our truck accident lawyers a call anytime. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We can offer you a free consultation upon calling us and are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the legal process. Contact us for free at (941) 444-4444.
In This Article
- Uses of Big Rig Trucks
- Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Truck Accident?
- Causes of Truck Accidents
- Injuries Attained From Truck Accidents
- Damages You Could Be Owed for a Truck Accident
- How Long Will It Take to Settle My Case?
- Steps to Take if Involved in a Truck Accident
- How Can a Truck Accident Lawyer Help You?
- Contact Our Accident Lawyers Today
Uses of Big Rig Trucks
There are many uses for big rig trucks all across Florida, including North Port, and they are usually seen in either built-up areas or highways. These vehicles excel at pulling large amounts of cargo or imports up hills.
Big rig trucks can also be referred to as semi-trucks. Semi-trucks contain the engine and don’t necessarily need cargo or a trailer to run. There are many alternate names to the semi-truck, such as 18-wheeler, tractor-trailer unit, etc.
Most heavy cargo trucks weigh tonnes. Because of the weight and size of the trucks, it is easy to see how a collision involving such big vehicles can be catastrophic for any victim involved.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig truck accidents lawyer serving North Port, call 941-444-4444
Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Truck Accident?
If you have been involved in a truck accident in North Port, it may have been the trucking company’s fault. This means that if the trucking company is held responsible for the accident, then they will have to pay for any damages owed to the victims as a result of their negligence.
An example of when a commercial trucking company may be accused of negligence is if there has been an issue of overloading cargo onto the truck or stacking cargo in an unbalanced way. Any accident resulting from spilled cargo, caused by this negligence, would then be the big rig trucking company’s fault.
If you or someone else had been involved in a truck accident, you will need the legal assistance of an experienced personal injury lawyer to fight for any compensation or damages that could be owed to you.
If you are found somewhat responsible for the truck accident, then Florida Statute 768.81 states that you are still entitled to claim for the accident. Furthermore, each person involved in the accident, including any companies held responsible, can also contribute to any damages.
North Port Big Rig Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Causes of Truck Accidents
There are several factors that can contribute to a truck crash taking place.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – Meaning any motorist driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Alcohol is known to slow down reaction time, and drugs are known to cause blurred vision and even hallucinations, potentially becoming life-threatening for any drivers involved.
- Vehicle malfunction – Broken tail lights or indicators can cause other drivers to be unaware of drivers breaking or indicating, leading to a side collision or rear-end impact crash.
- Distracted drivers – When a motorist is busy checking a cellphone or looking in a mirror, they are unaware of the road.
- Poor visibility – Heavy rain or fog makes it hard for drivers to see the road or oncoming vehicles.
- Other drivers – Reckless or angry driving from other motorists increase the likelihood of an accident.
There are many causes for truck accidents in North Port, Florida, and if you were involved in one, then you could be entitled to some compensation. Call The Law Place to find out more.
Injuries Attained From Truck Accidents
If you have been unfortunate enough to be involved in a North Port truck accident, there is a high possibility that you will have endured pain, suffering, other damages. In some severe circumstances, an accident could even be fatal.
A few examples of injuries that you may have sustained from being involved in a truck accident are:
- Broken bones or crushed bones – Which can take weeks or even months to recover from.
- Damage to limbs – This may even lead to an amputation.
- Whiplash – Or other neck/spine injuries.
- Head injuries – Causing the victim to suffer brain damage or even memory loss.
- Penetrating injuries – This can include soft tissue injuries, which involve damage to muscles, ligaments, and flesh wounds.
If you or a loved one has sustained any of the injuries listed above, then our North Port accident lawyers believe that you deserve compensation for the suffering you have endured. Our attorneys are eager to offer you support and will work tirelessly on your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Damages You Could Be Owed for a Truck Accident
If you have been in a truck accident, there may be several damages owed to you, such as medical expenses, compensation for any time off work, or damages that cover the repair of your vehicle. A few types of compensation that your accident lawyer might fight for are:
- Compensation for lost wages from time off work that you may have spent in the hospital or at home recovering from your injuries.
- Medical bills for time spent in the hospital or for any injuries attained.
- The cost of repairing your vehicle or any other personal property involved in the accident can be recovered.
- Compensation for any pain and suffering you endured in the form of mental trauma.
- You could pursue a wrongful death claim if your loved one was tragically killed in a big rig truck accident. This will include and medical bills, lost wages, funeral costs, and loss of consortium.
If you are to stand a chance at receiving any compensation for your injuries or any other damages, then you will need the best truck accident lawyers available to build a strong personal injury case on your behalf. Call now to get started on your case!
How Long Will It Take to Settle My Case?
The seriousness of the crash will determine how long your settlement will take. For example, if you were involved in a more severe crash, your case is more likely to take longer to resolve, as there will be more details to the event that need to be reviewed in order to come to a settlement.
It is easy to assume that your claim will be settled quickly if it was a severe incident, as you may think damages will be more obvious and require less evidence. However, in most cases, it is actually the other way around. Therefore, it is important to trust that your truck accident lawyers are working on your claim for you, and you can rest assured that you will receive a compensation settlement as soon as is possible.
Steps to Take if Involved in a Truck Accident
Big-rig truck accidents can be severe for anybody involved, and the damages caused can be costly to you. That is why it is important to take the following steps so that your attorney has plenty of evidence to build a strong claim for you. Following a truck accident, you should:
- Phone the emergency services – Depending on the severity of the truck crash, you may need to ring an ambulance or fire services to assist you. It is important to call 911 so that the police can review the crash and arrange to move any vehicles that may be blocking the road.
- Gain evidence of the crash – It is vital in any car accident to take plenty of photographs at the scene of the accident so that the damage can clearly be recorded for later use as evidence by your personal injury attorney. It is also important to record the details of eyewitnesses or drivers/passengers involved so that they can be contacted later for a statement.
- Let your insurance company know – Inform your car insurance company of the accident. You usually only have 24 hours to do this. Stick to the facts and do not share any unnecessary details. You don’t want to risk accidentally incriminating yourself.
- Hire a personal injury lawyer – If you want a good chance of receiving the compensation that you are entitled to, you need a capable attorney to investigate the truck accident for you and fight to pay for any damages from the accident. You are much more likely to receive compensation for your case with skilled legal representation on your side.
How Can a Truck Accident Lawyer Help You?
If you have been involved in a North Port truck accident, you will need to help an experienced personal injury lawyer with excellent reviews and extensive knowledge of the law.
Here at The Law Place, we work on a no-win fee basis. Therefore, if our lawyers are unsuccessful in gaining you any compensation, for any reason, you will not owe us a thing. You only have to pay your lawyer for fighting your case if you are successful in your settlement. So, claiming the compensation you deserve couldn’t be any more risk-free!
Our attorneys have over seventy-five years of combined experience and have handled many cases in different practice areas, including big rig truck accidents. Our lawyers are always available to answer any questions you may have and can offer you much-needed support during this difficult time, as we understand how complicated and stressful these situations can be. We also appreciate it can sometimes be hard to have your voice heard, especially without a truck accident lawyer by your side, fighting for your compensation. Let us represent your case and fight for your right to compensation.
Contact Our Accident Lawyers Today
At The Law Place, our clients always come first, and we believe in building attorney-client relationships based on trust. Our North Port truck accident lawyers are here to support your case with the highest level of sensitivity and confidence. We can provide you with all the relevant information for pursuing your claim so that you can achieve a greater understanding of the complex legal process. Let us put our experience to work for you. If you choose to let us take on your case, there will be no catches or extra hidden costs. Put your trust in The Law Place today!
You can contact our personal injury lawyers for a free consultation at (941) 444-4444. Our lines are always open to answer any questions that you may have. Together we can begin to work on your case.