No matter where you are in the world, you should always be cautious when driving. Driving any sort of motor vehicle will always mean that there is a possibility of an accident. North Port in Florida is not exempt from this. When regarding moving van accidents, more caution should be applied due to the size of these vehicles.
If you or a loved one are living in North Port and have been involved in a truck accident that was not your fault, you are likely entitled to compensation. We understand that this is already a difficult and distressing time, making it complicated to provide evidence for specific damages. This is where we come in. Here at The Law Place – we want to help. As a reputable law firm, we strive to work hard in order to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients. Our team of skilled accident lawyers has a combined 75 years worth of experience dealing with cases similar to yours, so know that you are in safe hands.
To speak to a member of our team today for a free case evaluation, call our North Port office on (941) 444-4444 to start this process. Our telephone lines are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – meaning no time is a bad time to get in touch!
What Are the Common Causes of Truck Accidents in North Port, FL?
There can be many different causes for truck accidents, so it is important that you understand them all in case any apply to your case. Listed below are some of the most common causes of a moving truck accident in North Port:
- Maintenance of the vehicle or cargo onboard – This refers to the maintenance of safety systems in the truck. If you fail to check this properly, it will lead to an auto accident. This means checking the tires, brakes, lights, and axles of the truck routinely. Also, when there is cargo onboard, a truck driver might fail to properly attach the cargo, or in some cases, overload the vehicle. Failure to do this might lead to the driver losing control of the vehicle due to a weight imbalance.
- Distracted driving – This can mean using your cell phone when driving, eating, or passengers in the truck distracting you.
- Poor performance – Poor performance refers to any kind of reckless driving being carried out. This includes driving under the influence, driving when fatigued, driving with any serious health conditions that could greatly affect your driving ability, failure to carry out pre-trip inspections, etc.
- Poor weather conditions – This is common in the State of Florida, as there can often be heavy rain downpours. These conditions massively contribute to collisions as it is more difficult to maintain control of the truck.
- The fault of the trucking company – It is not uncommon for a trucking accident in North Port to be due to the trucking company. Some companies hire unqualified drivers or those with a poor driving record to carry out work for them. This means there is likely to be an increase in trucking accidents. Equally, there is pressure on truck drivers to meet unrealistic delivery times. This means an increase in speed and/or long working hours without a break, which can cause the driver to be fatigued, massively limiting their driving ability.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a trucking accident in North Port, do not hesitate to contact The Law Place today for a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer.
Types of Truck Accidents in North Port, Florida
There are four different types of truck accidents that are common in North Port, FL. The severity is dependant on which kind of accident happened. This means that the severity of injuries is also subjective to the severity of the accident. Listed below are the most common types of truck accidents:
- Override – This refers to when the rear-end of a truck hits a smaller vehicle.
- Under-ride – This is the opposite of an override crash and is when the smaller vehicle rear-ends a larger one.
- Cargo spill – This refers to an instance when cargo falls from a moving truck. This has the potential to cause serious damage, either through the cargo falling onto another vehicle or when it falls onto the road, with the potential for other vehicles to crash into it.
- Rollover – If traveling too quickly, trucks have the potential to tip over and cause a collision. This means that damages can be caused to any vehicle in nearby lanes, or this can cause a blockage on the high way, which will result in more crashes.
It is important to remember that any kind of truck accident is important when seeking the justice you deserve, meaning you should seek the help of a truck accident attorney to help you file a claim as soon as possible. Contact The Law Place today to speak to a member of our team for a free consultation.
What Are the Common Injuries Sustained in a Moving Van Accident?
Following a moving van accident, depending on the severity of the crash, you can expect some severe, permanent, or, in the worse cases, fatal injuries. Listed below are some of the injuries that can occur from such an accident:
- Brain injuries.
- Cuts, bruises, soreness.
- Crushed, broken, or fractured bones.
- Internal bleeding.
- Paraplegia or quadriplegia.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Skin burns.
- Whiplash and other neck injuries.
It is not only physical injuries that can occur following this sort of accident but psychological ones too. Distressing psychological suffering can be anything from depression, isolation, PTSD, and the general loss of enjoyment in life. It is important to know that these mental injuries are just as significant as physical injuries and are worth involving in your claim.
Contact The Law Place today for a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer from our team in North Port. From this, we will be able to guide you through this legal process.
What Damages Are Available to Me After a Truck Accident?
Following a truck accident, you will be entitled to compensation for any suffering or injuries sustained as a result of the accident. At The Law Place, we realize that no amount of money will make up for the pain and suffering you and your loved ones are experiencing, but this does not mean you shouldn’t get the justice that you are legally entitled to – and this is how we can help you. Listed below are some of the damages you can file for in your claim:
- Medical costs – It is likely that following an accident, the injuries sustained will require some medical attention. Due to this, you should be able to claim compensation that will cover any of your medical bills. If you have permanent injuries, this will mean that you have future medical costs to worry about. It is important to keep any receipts or doctor’s letters as they will act as evidence of your visits.
- Lost earnings – Sometimes, the injuries sustained mean that you need to take time away from work. In some cases, you might not be able to return to work, and you can claim these lost earnings as well as lost earning potential.
- Pain and suffering – This refers to any mental or emotional suffering endured after the accident. Although this form of damage is difficult to prove, your personal injury lawyer will be able to help fight your case. It is not something that should be overlooked.
- Property damage – This refers to any repairs to your property or vehicle that are necessary after a moving van accident.
- Wrongful death – In the worst of cases, the accident could result in the loss of life of another person. In this case, you will be able to file for a wrongful death lawsuit under Florida Statute 768.21. This will cover any funeral costs and loss of consortium. We recognize that this will not be comforting to you at this time, but you deserve to be free of any financial burdens in order to be able to heal and grieve in peace.
What Should I Do if I’m in a Truck Accident in North Port?
In such a stressful situation, it will be unclear how you should act when in a truck accident. Listed below are examples of things you can do if fit enough to do so to help your case:
- Call 911 – Always alert the emergency services.
- Be careful with what you say – It is likely that the other driver involved might try to blame you for the accident. In any such case, be cautious of what you say and do not volunteer any more information than what you have to.
- Gather any witness information – Sometimes, law enforcement fails to get the full names and contact information of those who witnessed the accident. If you are able to do so, record the names, phone numbers, and addresses of these witnesses as they are vital to your case.
- Take pictures – Legal cases can be long, which means that people might forget key information necessary to the case. Pictures can help relieve this stress and aid you in your case. Take pictures of the truck, your vehicle, and the highway.
- Hire an experienced accident lawyer – Legal cases can become incredibly complex, and trucking companies will try to deceive you in the legal process. It is crucial that you have an experienced accident lawyer on your side who can fight your corner. You need someone that has a clear understanding of the Florida legal system and can get you the maximum compensation that you rightfully deserve.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident, do not attempt to go through this legal process alone. Here at The Law Place, our team has a strong understanding of the Florida legal system and strives to ensure that our clients receive top-quality service when working with us. As mentioned previously, our team boasts over 75 years of experience, plus many of our lawyers are AVVO 10.0 rated, so you can feel at ease knowing that your case is being dealt with by top professionals.
Once you call, you will receive a non-obligatory, free consultation, and any of the information you choose to share during the call will be protected by us. Our telephone lines are available at a time that most suits you as we are open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Do not hesitate to contact us for your free consultation and begin the steps towards your claim.
Call our North Port office today on (941) 444-4444! Let us achieve the justice you deserve.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form