All auto accidents have the potential to cause devastating injuries and damage, but truck accidents are even more dangerous due to them being much larger and heavier vehicles. Unfortunately, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, 415,000 truck accidents occurred in the United States in 2015, and many of these are caused by drivers ignoring the rules of the road and acting negligently, such as failing to yield.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a failure to yield accident with a truck in North Port, Florida, then you should contact The Law Place today. Our knowledgeable personal injury lawyers have the skill and experience necessary to be able to build your case and fight for the compensation and justice that you deserve. We have helped many clients who have suffered from failure to yield truck accidents just like you, and so you can trust we will do everything possible to help you.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation at (941) 444-4444. Phone lines are open 24/7.
Failure to Yield Accidents
If trucks don’t slow down or stop to grant the right of way to vehicles or pedestrians when they’re supposed to, this can result in a truck accident. These are a very common type of accident and frequently occur at intersections, traffic lights, when merging into traffic, and stop signs.
Under the Florida legal system, all drivers are required to yield for:
- Road and highway workers.
- Buses that are traveling in the same direction as you and are signaling that they’re about to re-enter traffic.
- Oncoming traffic when you’re turning left.
- Oncoming traffic when you’re approaching a stop sign.
- Oncoming traffic when you’re entering a public roadway without a traffic signal.
- The vehicle on your left when you’re both entering an intersection at the same time.
- Other vehicles that have entered an intersection when you’re approaching the same intersection.
Our personal injury lawyers know what it takes to secure a successful outcome for your case. We have secured millions for clients in North Port as well as all over Florida, and working with us will be the best chance for you to get the compensation you deserve.
Who Has the Right of Way in North Port, Florida?
The Florida legal system clearly states the rules of the road, including who has the right of way:
- You must stop and yield to any motorists, pedestrians, or cyclists when you come to a stop sign.
- When at an open intersection, you’re expected to give way to any vehicle that is already at the intersection. This is also the rule for when you make a left turn, when you enter a cross or state highway from another road, or when you drive onto an unpaved road from a paved road.
- When driving on a roundabout, you must give way to all oncoming traffic from the left.
- All drivers must yield to emergency services at all times.
If you were the victim of a failure to yield accident, then you shouldn’t have to pay for any expenses you incurred from the truck accident. Unfortunately, securing the financial compensation you deserve from the insurance company isn’t always as easy as you may think. The insurance company will do everything possible to prevent you from winning your case, so contact The Law Place today to hire an experienced failure to yield accident lawyer!
Proving Liability in an Accident Caused by a Failure to Yield
If you have been a victim of a failure to yield truck accident, then you should get in touch with The Law Place immediately. An accident lawyer from our law firm will gather evidence to prove the following:
- The other party owed you a duty of care to drive carefully.
- The other party breached this duty and did not yield the right of way.
- The other party’s action caused your injury.
Even if we can prove the other party’s failure to yield, this doesn’t prove that they caused the accident. The other party may claim that you were also partially at fault for the accident, but fortunately, this wouldn’t stop you from recovering compensation. You being at fault would only reduce your compensation by the percentage of your fault, up to the 50% cap. If you are more than 50% at fault, then you likely will not be able to claim compensation.
Seeking Compensation After a Failure to Yield Truck Accident in North Port, FL.
If you have been involved in a truck accident that was caused by the other driver’s failure to yield, and was not your fault, then you may be entitled to compensation. Truck accidents can be devastating, and so it’s essential to us that we get you the justice that you deserve.
Once you begin working with us, our accident lawyers will immediately work on gathering evidence to prove the at-fault driver’s negligence and calculate how much compensation you’re entitled to, based on the damages you’ve sustained.
Some of the most common damages that The Law Place win compensation for are listed below:
- Medical expenses – After being in a truck accident, it’s very likely that you required medical treatment for the injuries you endured, and so you should be granted compensation to cover these bills. This can include past and projected medical bills, as well as all other related expenses, such as surgeries, the cost of medication, doctor appointments, and even transportation to and from these appointments.
- Property damage – It is also likely that your vehicle was damaged in the car accident, and you deserve to be reimbursed for the costs of repairs in North Port.
- Loss of wages – If you suffered from injuries so serious that you could not go back to work, you might be owed money to cover these lost wages, including past, present, and future wages, as well as a loss of earning capability.
- Pain and suffering – It is not uncommon for victims of truck accidents to be left suffering from emotional trauma and struggling to enjoy some things that they used to. If this is the case for you, then you could be owed compensation. This can be difficult to prove in court, so it’s important that you have a skilled accident lawyer on your side to help you.
- Loss of a loved one – If you lost a loved one in the truck accident, then you should receive compensation to cover funeral costs and the loss of consortium.
We know that compensation won’t be able to heal your injuries or fix your trauma, but it can relieve you of the financial burden you may now be experiencing as a result of the accident and can serve as proof that some form of justice has been served.
If you were a victim of a failure to yield truck accident in North Port or elsewhere in Florida, and you want compensation for your suffering, then you should contact The Law Place and schedule a free consultation. Your chances of winning will be much higher if you have the help of a skilled Florida attorney, so don’t delay – the sooner you get in touch, the more time we’ll have to build your case.
How Do We Gather Evidence to Prove the Other Party Failed to Yield?
A North Port failure to yield accident lawyer will gather the needed evidence to build your case and prove the other party’s liability.
In order to build your case, your attorney will do the following:
- Visit the scene of the accident and look for any evidence that proves what happened, such as skid marks.
- Speak to expert witnesses or reconstruction teams who can utilize their expertise, which will help strengthen the case.
- Examine all of the vehicles involved and use the damage on both of them to work out what may have happened.
- Locate any eyewitnesses of the accident and speak to them.
- Request and go through CCTV footage from the cameras near the accident scene.
What Will The Law Place Do for Me?
If you have been involved in a failure to yield truck accident, then you should get in touch with our law firm to discuss the possibility of seeking compensation. We offer free consultations to all prospective clients. During this case evaluation, we will discuss the truck accident with you and calculate exactly how much compensation you could be entitled to, based on all you’ve endured as a result of the truck accident.
After this consultation, you will then be able to choose whether you want to continue working with The Law Place. If you do, then we will arrange another meeting where we will explore your case in much more detail. Our personal injury lawyers will take charge of your case, working to gather evidence and liaise with all relevant parties. By hiring our attorneys, you will be taking all the stress off your shoulders, meaning that you can relax and focus on healing.
The lawyers at The Law Place all work on a contingency basis, also known as a no-win-no-fee agreement, meaning that you won’t need to pay anything upfront and will only be charged for our services if your case is successful. Any fees that you do incur will merely be deducted from your final settlement. There are no hidden costs with us.
The Law Place Is Here to Help
If you or a loved one have been a victim of a failure to yield truck accident, then you should contact The Law Place today. With over 75 years of combined experience in dealing with the Florida legal system and helping clients fight for justice, you can trust that our lawyers will be able to guide and support you through the complex process. By hiring The Law Place, you will be giving yourself the best chance at securing compensation.
So call us today to schedule a free case evaluation at (941) 444-4444! Phone lines are open 24/7.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form