More trucks are on the roads in Tampa than ever before. The increased use of more of us participating in online shopping can be an explanation for this increase in delivery vans on the road. The more trucks on the road may, however, mean more Tampa truck accidents are occurring.
A truck driver will usually spend hours behind the wheel to earn their wage. The consequence of this can result in a truck driver being overconfident or less alert with their driving abilities, causing truck accidents. It is no surprise that a truck driver is more likely to be involved in a vehicle accident than a person of any other profession. A Tampa truck accident can cause a great deal of damage and severe injuries to other users of the road and pedestrians. A truck accident has the potential to cause a person to suffer life-changing injuries.
If you or a loved one has been the innocent victim of a Tampa truck accident and been left suffering, you may be entitled to claim compensation. A personal injury lawyer at The Law Place can help you if you are considering making a claim. Our law firm has over 75 years of combined experience handling truck accident cases similar to yours. Our accident lawyers operate all over Florida. We can, therefore, help you achieve compensation for your case if you have been involved in a Tampa truck accident.
Contact us today at The Law Place for a free consultation. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us on (813) 544-4444.
Delivery Trucks in Tampa, FL
By the very nature of trucks being substantially large vehicles, the damage that they can cause when they are involved in a truck accident can be hugely catastrophic. Like all other drivers on the road, a truck driver has a duty of care to other drivers and pedestrians. They have the responsibility to ensure the safety of others while they are behind the wheel of a truck. If they violate or ignore this duty of care, the chances are that a truck accident will likely occur, causing an immense amount of harm and damage.
Many different types of trucks can be found on the road in Tampa. The most frequently seen trucks on our road are:
- Large vans.
- Platform trucks.
- Box trucks.
- Flatbed trucks.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries or damage following a truck accident in Tampa, you may be entitled to claim compensation. The type of truck that was involved in your case does not affect your eligibility to claim compensation. A truck accident lawyer at The Law Place will be able to give you all the legal advice and guidance you may be seeking in a free consultation. Our accident lawyers have a wealth of experience of taking on trucking companies and insurance companies.
Common Causes for Delivery Truck Accidents in Tampa County
There is a wide range of reasons why truck accidents occur in Florida. No matter the cause of the accident, there is never an acceptable excuse. Truck accident cases will often involve the victims suffering severe injuries, pain, and suffering.
From our previous experience working on truck accident cases, the most common reasons why an accident will occur are:
- Distracted Driving – A truck driver can easily be distracted while driving, whether that be by a cellphone or radio. Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of vehicle accidents on the roads. Most trucking companies will have policies in place against distracted driving, but unfortunately, a lot of truck drivers violate those rules.
- Fatigue – A driver of a truck will be expected to drive for long periods, and therefore tiredness is another major reason why truck accidents occur. The more tired a driver is, the slower their reaction time.
- Insufficient training – A lot of companies in Florida will only require a driver of a truck to possess a standard driving license. The insufficient training of a driver can be very dangerous and cause an accident in Tampa, Fl.
- Alcohol or drug use. A driver who has consumed alcohol or drugs will also have a slower reaction time. Intoxicated drivers are incredibly dangerous on the road.
- Driver negligence – This will often involve a driver violating or ignoring the rules of the road. This can include a driver who is speeding or failing to yield. This reckless behavior is commonly accountable for a truck accident case.
- Badly maintained vehicles – It should be no surprise that many companies try and cut their costs to achieve greater profits. However, a truck company that cuts their costs by failing to maintain their vehicles sufficiently can be responsible if an accident is to occur. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has found that trucks with out-of-service violations were four times more likely to cause an accident than those sufficiently maintained.
- Poor loading or overloading – Sometimes, investigation of a case will reveal that the uneven distribution of the cargo on a truck can be the cause of the accident. This is because a vehicle with an unevenly distributed load can be difficult to drive and maneuver.
Regardless of the cause of the accident, if you or someone you know has suffered as the innocent victim of a truck accident, you may be eligible for compensation. An accident attorney at The Law Place can investigate your case for you. An accident lawyer will work with your insurance company and the insurance company of the trucking company to ensure that you receive the justice that you deserve. Don’t hesitate to contact us in Tampa, FL, today for a free consultation.
Common Injuries Caused by Delivery Truck Accidents
As trucks tend to be substantially large vehicles, the damage they can cause when they are involved in an accident can be catastrophic. In some cases, the injuries a victim will sustain can be life-changing. A truck accident lawyer at The Law Place will be able to help with your case to ensure that you are reimbursed for any medical expenses you have had to face.
Some of the most common injuries that a victim of a truck accident will likely face include:
- Broken bones or fractures.
- Internal bleeding.
- Neck, back, or spinal cord injury.
- Brain or head injury.
- Internal organ damage.
The medical expenses you may have had to deal with as the result of your personal injury can be crippling. Not only may you have medical bills for your personal injury, but you may also have vehicle repair bills. An accident of this nature is likely to cause an immense amount of damage to the vehicles involved, and repairing them can be costly.
Accident lawyers at The Law Place will be able to help you if you have been left out-of-pocket through no fault of your own as a consequence of the accident. We have a skilled accident attorney waiting to help you with your case and win you the justice that you deserve.
Common Damages Following a Truck Accident in Tampa
The consequences of being involved in a truck accident can be devastating. If you or someone you know has been involved in an incident of this type, you may have had to encounter great financial losses. The Law Place in Florida can help you with your case to try and help you win compensation for a wide range of damages.
Our law firm commonly helps our clients who have been involved in a crash of this nature to achieve compensation for the following:
- Past and future medical bills.
- Property damage.
- Past and future lost wages.
- Pain and suffering.
- Related expenses.
The aftermath of such a crash can be very difficult to deal with. We advise that you seek the legal representation of a skilled lawyer to help ease you from some of the stresses and burdens you may be encountering.
We are aware that no amount of money will ever be able to take away the trauma that you have experienced; however, we would like to help you win the justice that you deserve. No one deserves to suffer as the result of a vehicle crash beyond their control. Don’t let your suffering be in vain, let one of our personal injury lawyers handle your case. Don’t hesitate to contact us today for trusted legal advice.
Contact The Law Place Today!
If you think you may have a case and require legal representation, contact our legal team today in Florida for a free consultation. One of our personal injury lawyers will be able to give you honest and no-obligation advice on what the best legal options available to you are.
Our practice areas cover the whole of Florida. If you have suffered through no fault of your own, we can help you win the justice that you are entitled to.
Don’t hesitate to contact us today. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us today on (813) 544-4444.