Delivery vans make up for a large proportion of traffic on the road in Fort Myers, Florida, due to modern technologies increasing the number of people using online delivery services every day. Because of this, accidents involving commercial vehicles are becoming increasingly common.
Van drivers often spend long hours on the road to earn their wages. As a result, these drivers may become less alert on the road or overconfident in their driving abilities. In both circumstances, accidents are increasingly likely to occur. More truck drivers are involved in vehicle accidents than people in any other profession. Accidents involving trucks can be hugely traumatic and cause a great deal of damage and injury because of the large size and heavyweight of the vehicle. Many truck accidents, unfortunately, result in serious damage and life-changing injuries.
If you or a loved one have found yourselves involved in an incident with a van, and have been left with damage or injury, then you may be entitled to compensation. At The Law Place, our team has over 75 years of collective experience in dealing with cases involving trucks. Call us on (941) 444-4444 and start your claim today.
What Are the Common Causes for Truck Accidents in Fort Myers, Florida?
Due to the size and weight of the vehicles, they can often have a catastrophic effect and leave serious damage and injury. Some of the most common reasons why truck accidents occur on the roads are:
- Fatigued drivers – Truck drivers are often expected to work long shift patterns, and therefore they spend many hours behind the wheel. In this situation, drivers are likely to become tired, resulting in slower reaction times and increasing the likelihood of an accident.
- Driver negligence – This can involve commercial vehicles ignoring the rules of the road, such as speed limits.
- Distracted drivers – Often, drivers can be distracted by phones and sat navs, for example, leading drivers to take their eyes off the road.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs – These decrease reaction times and have a negative impact on decision-making skills, making accidents more likely to occur.
- Insufficient training – This is often due to the truck company and can result in catastrophic accidents.
- Poor loading or overloading of cargo – If a truck has been poorly loaded, this can make the vehicle difficult to maneuver and steer.
- Poorly maintained vehicles – Unfortunately, some companies will sacrifice the maintenance of their vehicles in order to cut costs and maximize profits. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reported that trucks with any out-of-service violations were four times more likely to cause an accident in comparison to trucks without any violations.
Regardless of the cause of the truck accident, if the accident has resulted in vehicle repairs and expensive medical bills, then you may be entitled to compensation. At The Law Place, our experienced accident attorneys are here to help you receive the compensation you deserve. Call The Law Place in Fort Myers, FL, today, and receive a free consultation from an experienced and highly skilled lawyer.
For a free legal consultation with a delivery van accidents lawyer serving Fort Myers, call 941-444-4444
What Are the Common Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents in Fort Myers, Florida?
The injuries sustained as a result of truck accidents are likely to be far more severe than injuries sustained in a car accident, due to the sheer size and weight of the vehicle. In some cases, these injuries can be life-changing. Some of the most common injuries sustained as a result of truck accidents are:
- Head or brain injury
- Back, neck, or spinal cord injury
- Internal bleeding
- Internal organ damage
- Fractured or broken bones
- Burns, cuts, and lacerations
- Wrongful death
Not only may you be suffering from physical injuries, but it is likely that you will have suffered some emotional pain and undue stress as a result of a truck accident, which may also have led to you being unable to live the life you once lived before the accident occurred.
At The Law Place, Florida, our experienced personal injury attorneys are here to help with claiming compensation for any medical bills or vehicle damages you may have had to pay for. Our law firm has a team of lawyers with a wealth of experience and legal knowledge. Contact us today to start your claim and receive some free advice from a skilled lawyer.
Fort Myers Delivery Van Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What Are the Common Damages From Truck Accidents in Fort Myers, Florida?
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in Fort Myers, Florida, then you may have faced huge vehicle damages and medical expenses, resulting in massive financial loss. At The Law Place, our personal injury lawyers can help you try and receive compensation for the damage caused as a result of the accident.
Our law firm in Fort Myers, Florida, frequently helps clients to win compensation for the following after suffering an accident:
- Medical bills for the past, present, and future
- Loss of income and potential loss of income
- Funeral expenses and loss of income as a result of wrongful death
- Vehicle damage
- Pain and suffering relating to both physical and emotional trauma/ suffering
- Other related expenses
In comparison to a car accident, accidents involving heavy commercial vehicles are likely to result in high financial loss due to expensive medical bills and vehicle repairs. At The Law Place, we understand that no amount of compensation will ever make up for the pain and suffering the accident has caused you. However, our team is here to help support and guide you through the legal process. We will do our utmost to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Call The Law Place in Fort Myers, Florida, Today!
At The Law Place, we highly recommend that you seek help as soon as possible after a truck accident. By seeking legal representation, you will dramatically increase your chances of receiving a fair settlement and the maximum amount of compensation for your accident. At The Law Place in Fort Myers, we can offer you a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer. Our lawyers will give you honest, unbiased, and free advice on what your best legal options are.
Don’t hesitate to contact us today for a free case evaluation. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us today on (941) 444-4444.