Delivery trucks are becoming an increasingly common sight on our roads, as many Sarasota county residents use online delivery as a part of everyday life. However, with more delivery drivers on the roads comes more accidents.
Driving for long hours can potentially leave delivery drivers less alert or possibly overconfident in their driving abilities, which can lead to crashes. More delivery drivers are involved in car accidents than people in any other profession, and, of course, the other drivers and pedestrians that are involved in these accidents can get injured.
If you have been involved in such an accident and would like to make a claim, then you may need a Sarasota personal injury lawyer to help you navigate the legal system. For a free consultation to receive legal advice and case evaluation, you should contact The Law Place. Our practice areas cover Sarasota and the rest of Florida. Call us on (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation.
Talk to a Sarasota Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been involved in a delivery truck accident, then you may be entitled to compensation. Here at The Law Place, based at Sarasota, Florida, we know that delivery van accidents can leave you with pain and suffering, and we are here to help.
With over 75 years of combined experience in dealing with the Florida legal system, you can be certain that you will be supported by accident lawyers who will be able to achieve the best possible outcome for you. You can call us today to arrange a free consultation with one of our Sarasota truck accident lawyers.
Delivery Trucks in Sarasota, Florida
Delivery trucks are usually substantially larger than regular vehicles on the roads. Like every driver, delivery drivers have a duty of care to others on the road and sidewalks, but because of the significant size of the many of the trucks they drive, it is arguably even more crucial for them to follow this. If they don’t, the size of the vehicle can cause much more serious injury than in an accident with a normal car.
The types of trucks vary, but in Sarasota, the most common trucks used are as follows:
- Box trucks.
- Cutaway van chassis.
- Flatbed trucks.
- Platform trucks.
- Large vans.
If you have been involved in a truck accident with a delivery driver, whether they had been driving one of the trucks listed above or other, then call The Law Place for a free consultation now so an established accident lawyer can look over your case and offer legal advice.
Common Causes for Delivery Truck Accidents in Sarasota County
While there are many reasons that a delivery truck accident may occur, there is never an acceptable excuse if the crash has caused any accident victims’ injury and/or pain and suffering. Many of the reasons a truck accident may occur are:
- Fatigue – Tired drivers often have slower reaction times.
- Alcohol or drug use – Drivers that abuse alcohol or drugs will suffer from slower and less effective motor function and decision-making skills.
- Driver negligence – This includes not following the rules of the road such as, speeding and failing to yield.
- Insufficient training – Many companies just require drivers in Florida to have a driving license that’s valid in the state.
- Poor loading or overloading – If cargo is unevenly distributed on the truck, then even simple manoeuvers can become dangerous.
- Badly maintained vehicles – Companies may cut corners in ensuring their trucks are well looked after due to costs. It was found by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) that trucks with any out-of-service violations were four times as likely to crash than trucks without said violations.
- Distracted driving – Although often against company policy, drivers may look at their phone while driving or be distracted by other things, which can cause crashes.
Regardless of the reasons for the accident, you may still be entitled to compensation. If you have been in a truck accident and live in or around Sarasota County, then call us at The Law Place for a free consultation and to potentially work with a law firm that boasts successful personal injury lawyers who are experienced with the Florida legal system.
Common Injuries Caused by Delivery Truck Accidents
As delivery trucks are incredibly substantial and have added weight in the form of cargo, the injuries sustained from a car accident involving one can be severe. Injuries caused by a truck accident in Sarasota commonly include:
- Head or brain injury.
- Internal organ damage.
- Internal bleeding.
- Neck, back, or spinal cord injury.
- Broken bones or fractures.
Your vehicle may have also been damaged in the accident, which could leave you with an expensive repair bill.
If you have experienced damage to your vehicle, or any of the above injuries, or others, in a delivery truck accident, then you may be entitled to compensation and should book a free consultation at The Law Place, based in Sarasota, FL, so an established personal injury lawyer can assess your case for you and offer sound legal advice.
Common Damages Following a Delivery Truck Accident in Sarasota
Some damages you may be able to receive include compensation for losses as:
- Property damage – You will be able to claim for the cost of any vehicle repairs.
- Past and future medical bills – You should be reimbursed for the costs of any medical expenses, including medical transportation costs.
- Past and future lost wages – If our law firm can prove that you’ve lost any wages as a result of the accident or the injuries you received because of the accident, then you will be compensated.
- Pain and suffering – You could receive compensation if you are experiencing mental suffering or if you’ve been left unable to do something you once could. As this is difficult to prove, it is important to have accident lawyers on your side to fight your case for you in Sarasota.
- Related expenses – Other ways that you believe you have sustained damages for. Call us for a free consultation so an accident lawyer can review your case and offer you legal advice on whether you deserve compensation for any extra related expenses.
The aftermath of a delivery truck accident is always going to be difficult to deal with, and so it is vital that you have a lawyer to help guide you through the stress of legal matters in this tough time for you. To make sure you are not taken advantage of, call The Law Place for a free consultation and legal advice on your case. Getting a lawyer in Sarasota will ensure that you have the best chance at receiving the compensation and justice that you deserve, especially when having to deal with big delivery corporations.
The Law Place
It is a good idea to seek representation for your case to ensure you have the best chance at winning. At The Law Place, we offer a free consultation with an experienced lawyer to evaluate your case and will then support and guide you through the legal process that follows.
You are not alone; we can and will be dedicated to ensuring you receive the justice you deserve. You need a personal injury lawyer who is well-versed in Florida law and has immense knowledge and experience in the field, like The Law Place. Don’t wait, call us on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation.