As Amazon and its quick deliveries become more and more of a staple in our lives, the amount of Amazon trucks on the road increases to help keep up with the rising demand. There is no end in sight to the increase, especially as Amazon has begun implementing one-day shipping. The amount of Amazon orders is going up, but their delivery times are being reduced. As a result, truck drivers are under an immense amount of pressure. While this is great for consumers, it does mean that the amount of accidents that involve Amazon delivery trucks has been increasing.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a delivery truck accident that involved an Amazon truck, then you should contact a Tampa personal injury lawyer today. The lawyers at The Law Place have over 75 years of combined experience in dealing with the Florida legal system and so have the knowledge and skill necessary to fight on your behalf and ensure you get all the compensation that you deserve. So, contact us today to schedule a free consultation at (941) 444-4444.
Common Causes of Amazon Delivery Truck Accidents in Tampa, Florida
There are many reasons that an Amazon delivery truck accident may occur, but this does not justify the accident, especially if it has left a victim suffering from any sort of injury, trauma, or financial burden. Some of the most common causes of a delivery truck accident are as follows:
- Fatigue – If a driver is driving whilst tired, they will have slow reaction times and may not be fully aware of situations around them.
- Alcohol or drug use – Drivers who drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs are putting themselves and others at risk. These substances slow reaction times, limit coordination skills, and negatively affect decision-making skills.
- Driver negligence – This refers to drivers who do not follow the rules of the road, choosing instead to break them by speeding, tailgating, and failing to yield.
- Insufficient training – The trucking company may only require truck drivers in Florida to have a driving license that is valid in the state and may not offer any of their own training.
- Poor loading or overloading – If the cargo on the delivery truck was unevenly distributed or there is simply too much of it, then even the simplest manoeuvers can become incredibly dangerous.
- Badly maintained vehicles – The trucking company may cut costs by not adequately ensuring that all of their trucks are well looked after. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, “trucks with out-of-service violations for any type of defect were more than 4 times as likely to be in a crash as trucks without such violations.”
- Distracted driving – Drivers can be easily distracted, whether by checking their cell phone, changing the radio station, eating, drinking, or more. Anything that causes a driver to look away from the road and pay attention to something else, even if only for a short time, is dangerous and can cause crashes.
Regardless of what may have caused the Amazon delivery truck accident that you were involved in, you may deserve compensation. If you have been a victim of a delivery truck accident that wasn’t your fault, then you should contact The Law Place. Our truck accident lawyers in Tampa will be able to assess your truck accident case and will fight on your behalf if we believe that you are entitled to financial compensation.
Injuries Frequently Sustained in Amazon Delivery Truck Accidents
Every Amazon delivery truck, like all delivery trucks, are usually large and heavy, especially with the added weight of their cargo. This means that the injuries caused by an Amazon delivery truck accident can be severe. Some injuries commonly sustained in such an accident are listed below:
- Spinal cord/ back injuries and paralysis
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Sprains, road rash, lacerations, cuts, burns, and bruises
- Traumatic brain or head injuries
- Internal organ injuries and internal bleeding
- Amputation and disfigurement
- Wrongful death
You may be suffering mentally as well as physically. The accident may have also caused expensive property damage to your vehicle.
If you have experienced any of the above injuries, or any others, because of an Amazon truck accident that was not your fault, then you should contact The Law Place to schedule a free case evaluation to receive sound legal advice specific to your case.
Damages Commonly Won in an Amazon Delivery Truck Accident in Tampa, Florida
Before determining how much compensation you deserve, you will need to establish who is liable for the accident. An attorney will be able to help you with this. They will also be able to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible. Some damages that The Law Place attorneys often recover compensation for are listed below:
- Property damage
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of a loved one
- Any other expenses caused by the accident
While we understand that no amount of money will be able to fix what you are going through, compensation may be able to help you with the financial burden and act as some form of justice for you. Furthermore, contacting an accident lawyer to help you will lift the stress off your shoulders so you can focus on healing in this difficult time. So, call The Law Place today to schedule a free case evaluation and to give yourself the best chance at receiving compensation.
The Law Place
If you have been a victim of an Amazon delivery truck accident, then you should call The Law Place to speak to an experienced lawyer about your particular case. Our lawyers will be able to support and guide you through the complicated legal process as they are well-versed in Florida law and have a vast amount of knowledge and experience in the field.
Don’t wait. Contact us now at (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation.