If you have been in an accident with an 18-wheeler truck or any other large commercial vehicle in Tampa, then you are not alone. According to The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2019, over 100,000 Americans suffer a truck accident every year. And when truck accidents occur, they are often severe. Although large trucks make up just 3% of vehicles on the roads, they are involved in 12% of fatal road traffic accidents.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident, then you should fight for your right for compensation. Trucking companies and their drivers have a duty to protect those around them when they get behind the wheel. Too often, trucking accidents are caused by recklessness, and this can have life-altering consequences. Contact us at The Law Place today on (813) 544-4444 to arrange a free consultation with a truck accident attorney in Florida.
Why You Need an Experienced Tampa Truck Accident Attorney
Most trucking companies have dealt with countless truck accidents, and are experienced in having any personal injury claim brought against them devalued or rejected. They will aim to protect their assets and their drivers by having experienced lawyers on their side, in fact, they have been known to send someone to the scene of an accident within minutes to start gathering evidence that works in their favor. They know that a truck accident lawsuit will likely result in substantial costs to them.
Trucking companies in Tampa devote a lot of time, money, and effort into defending any claims brought against them. While it may seem obvious to you and those around you that the trucking company or truck driver was at fault for the accident, that does not mean that you will be guaranteed the settlement you deserve.
After a free consultation, if you decide to continue with representation from The Law Place, you will receive representation from a Tampa truck accident lawyer who will do everything they can to fight for your case. We have experience dealing with similar personal injury cases across Tampa and Florida, and we will ensure that you are not taken advantage of.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler truck accidents lawyer serving Tampa, call 941-444-4444
Causes of Truck Accidents in Tampa, Florida
A Tampa truck accident is not always the driver’s fault. Often, accidents can occur because of the negligent actions or inactions of the trucking company, often because they are trying to save money and maximize profits. This is unacceptable, at The Law Place, we have a passion for bringing people justice by holding big companies accountable for their actions. We hope that by doing this, we make it unprofitable for big businesses to take shortcuts that put people’s lives at risk and therefore discourage them from such reckless behaviors.
Causes of truck accidents in Tampa, Florida include:
- Driver fatigue – It can be the fault of the truck driver; however, often, truck companies put pressure on their drivers to travel long distances with little rest time. Furthermore, the company may have put pressure on their employee to continue work even when unwell.
- Overloaded freight – This is a leading cause of accidents and will be down to the truck company trying to maximize profit.
- Excessive speed – Speeding can also be the fault of the driver or the trucking company, who could be liable if they set strict and unreasonable deadlines and didn’t allow adjustments for things like unexpected traffic.
- Equipment malfunction – This can sometimes lead to accidents, and often results in a lawsuit against a parts manufacturer.
- Defective tires – This could result in a lawsuit against the tire manufacturer or distributor, as well as the truck company if they were aware that the tires were not to standard.
- Failure to follow state and federal regulations – It could be the fault of either the truck driver or the company. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) set regulations for the trucking industry.
Tampa 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
How Will a Truck Accident Lawyer Prove My Case in Tampa, Florida?
At The Law Place, we have dealt with road traffic accidents involving trucks before. It is important to have an experienced Tampa truck accident lawyer on your side because one wrong move and your case could be seriously devalued. The truck company could be keeping a watchful eye to take any advantage they can to try and belittle your case.
Here are a few of the aspects of your case that your truck accident attorney will use as evidence:
- We will compile any evidence that was taken from the scene of the accident, including the police report and any photographs.
- Your accident lawyer will contact witnesses and gather statements.
- They will also gather statements from yourself and your family, to illustrate how your life has been affected by the accident.
- We will fight for your right to be compensated for your pain and suffering. This includes emotional struggles and loss of enjoyment if you have been left unable to fully embrace life in the way you once did. These damages are not easily quantifiable, and you need an experienced personal injury lawyer fighting your case.
- Your personal injury lawyer will also review your medical records and fight for your right to past, present, and future medical expenses.
- If there were any street cameras, your lawyer would find the footage. Not that footage from street cameras in Tampa is deleted regularly, so the sooner you contact us, the better.
- Your skilled Tampa truck accident attorney will seek access to the black box, which should contain data of how the vehicle has been driven, which could have been an important factor of the accident.
- Your truck accident lawyer will seek records from the truck company to check that they are keeping within the regulations set by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration. These include keeping the vehicle maintained, correctly hiring and training drivers, and keeping accurate records of working hours. Items such as shipping receipts and the trucker’s logbook could be crucial evidence in your case.
- Your truck accident lawyer can also use the damage of your vehicle as evidence before you have it repaired. They may also be able to seek evidence of the damage done to the truck if you act quickly, which might benefit your accident case. The trucking firm could have their vehicle repaired quickly if they are concerned about a lawsuit in Florida. Therefore, it is important that you act quickly.
- If necessary, we will involve accident reconstruction specialists whose research and findings can be used as evidence. The trucking company could also have similar specialists on their side. Therefore, this could be a vital aspect to prove fault in your accident case.
Common Injuries From Truck Accidents
Truck accidents in Florida are often the most severe kind of road accident. A large commercial vehicle could weigh up to 80,000 or more if it has been illegally loaded. While most cars only weigh around 4,000 pounds. Therefore, drivers of smaller vehicles are at substantially more risk when an accident occurs.
Victims of truck crashes in Florida could suffer internal injuries, broken bones, back and neck injuries, and in the worst-case scenarios, traumatic brain injury, paralysis, and death.
Families of those who have died also deserve compensation. For the lucky ones who do survive, they could be left with life-changing and debilitating injuries and emotional trauma. They, too, deserve sufficient compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Compensation for Trucking Accidents in Florida
- Medical bills – You deserve compensation for medical bills, including past present and future expenses and rehabilitative treatments.
- Loss of earnings – You should be reimbursed for lost wages and any loss to your earning potential.
- Property damage – The cost of repairing your vehicle should be covered.
- Pain and suffering – Pain and suffering include mental suffering and loss of enjoyment.
- Loss of a loved one – If you have lost a loved one because of an accident involving a truck, then you deserve compensation for funeral expenses and loss of consortium. The loss of consortium covers loss of income to a family household.
The Law Place
Phone The Law Place today for a free consultation on (813) 544-4444. Our practice areas cover Tampa and the rest of Florida. An accident involving a truck is one of the most traumatic things that someone can experience. No amount of money can make up for your suffering. However, we hope that it can make your life a little easier as well as make trucking companies take more precautions to protect lives in the future.
Truck firms will have experienced attorneys on their side, eager to devalue your claim, make sure you level the playing field by having quality representation. Don’t tackle the stress of trying to claim the compensation you deserve alone, contact us today, and we will take over your case so you can focus on your recovery.