Any type of car accident can be incredibly traumatic and leave you with life-changing injuries, but the severity can be even worse if it was a truck involved in the accident. As trucks are bigger, heavier, and more complex vehicles to drive, they almost always cause more destruction than a regular car would.
Over ten people every day are killed in truck accidents, and so the grave potential consequences of truck accidents cannot be ignored, especially as the most deadly motor vehicle accidents involve head-on collisions with trucks. Even when victims of truck accidents survive, they are still often left with severe and debilitating injuries, which may completely change their lives.
If you or a loved one have been a victim of a car accident with a construction truck in Tampa, then it is vital that you receive the help of a personal injury lawyer to increase your chances of winning the compensation and justice that you deserve.
The Law Place, based in Florida, has a team of experienced and established accident attorneys with a wealth of knowledge in dealing with the Florida legal system and working with truck accident cases like yours. Call us at The Law Place today on (888) 224-6114 for a free consultation and case evaluation with a truck accident attorney, who will be able to offer you expert advice without charge or obligation.
Common Types of Truck Accidents Found in Tampa, FL
There are many different types of truck accidents that you could be involved in, and the severity and type of injuries sustained often depends on which type of accident it was. Most disasters involving constructions trucks are as follows:
- Rear-end – Trucks often require a lot more time and distance to brake and reach a full stop. When a truck driver doesn’t follow proper distancing on the road, it can be difficult to prevent a rear-end collision, especially if the vehicle in front stops suddenly.
- Underride – This type of accident occurs when the truck stops suddenly, and the smaller vehicle behind it cannot stop in time. The smaller vehicle could then slide underneath the truck, potentially causing its driver to sustain life-threatening injuries.
- Jackknife – This is where the cab and trailer of the truck gather up into a 90-degree angle, or sometimes an even tighter angle, when the brakes lock, similar to how folding a jackknife would look. The trailer could come into contact with any motor vehicles in adjacent lanes or pedestrians nearby, potentially causing a large number of injuries and destruction. There is very little the truck driver can do to regain control.
- Runaway truck – This type of trucking accident occurs when a truck driver loses their ability to stop or slow the vehicle, meaning that the truck could barrel down a highway. This could cause catastrophic accidents if cars are in its way and cannot escape. This type of accident is much more common when a truck is traveling downhill, but can still occur on even ground.
- Rollover – This can happen when a truck driver is driving above the speed limit and loses control on a curve or turn. This could then make a truck flip over or fall onto its side, crushing traffic in adjacent lanes or nearby pedestrians and cyclists.
- Cargo spills – Some accidents can happen without a direct collision. If cargo falls out of a truck’s trailer, it can land onto other cars or onto the road, which could cause cars to crash into them.
Accidents can also occur because of mechanical failures and/or poor maintenance.
There are, of course, many other ways in which a dangerous truck accident could occur, but no matter the type of accident, if you or a loved one has been seriously injured, it is important for you to know that you still have the legal right to claim for compensation.
At The Law Place, we will fight to hold any truck drivers and/or trucking companies involved liable for your losses. At our law firm, you will be able to speak to a Tampa truck accident lawyer with the legal experience necessary to be able to accurately examine the cause of your accident and the circumstances surrounding it, to ensure that you receive any justice that you may be entitled to. Call a Tampa accident lawyer today to schedule a free consultation. The Law Place is here to help you.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Tampa, FL
As seen above, there are many types of truck accidents. This means that there are also multiple potential causes that could have led to your accident. The majority of the time, a trucking accident is caused by the negligent and reckless behavior of the truck driver involved. The cause of any truck accident can often be blamed on:
- Fatigue – Driving while fatigued is one of the most common causes of a construction truck accident. When fatigued, drivers are slower to react and not concentrating enough on their surroundings, meaning they could easily miss something important.
- Distracted driving – With cell phones and other electronic devices, it is easy for drivers to get distracted. However, this could easily cause accidents as they may not see vehicles slowing in front or other hazards.
- Negligent or aggressive driving – Examples of this can include speeding, tailgating, and other types of reckless driving, which can often come from overconfidence in one’s driving ability.
- Driving under the influence – Driving Under the Influence (DUI) of alcohol and/or drugs is highly dangerous as the substances slow reaction times and decision making can become much less rational.
- Poor loading or overloading of cargo – If the construction truck’s cargo is too heavy or improperly loaded on, then the combined weight of the truck and the unbalanced weight of the cargo could cause the driver to lose control of the truck.
- Badly maintained trucks – If the truck is badly maintained, then it can lead to a dangerous trucking accident, potentially through no fault of the driver. Examples of truck defects are brake faults, engine failures, and tire blowouts.
- Inadequate training of drivers – If the driver has only received insufficient training, if that, on how to drive a construction truck, then the risk of a collision is significantly increased.
- Bad weather – The frequent and heavy downpours in Florida can often cause drivers of small and manageable vehicles to lose control, and so obviously can play a part and cause more truck accidents as drivers may struggle to keep control of it.
Regardless of the reason behind the accident, whether it was one of the causes listed above or another, the damage and injuries caused to you could be critical and extreme. The driver himself may not be at fault, but you still deserve financial compensation, especially if the injuries have reduced your quality of life through an accident that was out of your control.
We have a truck accident attorney prepared to fight for you at The Law Place. Our Tampa personal injury lawyers have the legal expertise necessary to give you the best chance of receiving the justice that you deserve. While the compensation will not be able to take away the trauma, it will help you with any financial burdens you may be facing now and serve as some proof of justice.
Don’t face a big insurance company on your own; call The Law Place today for a free case evaluation from an experienced and knowledgable Tampa truck accident attorney.
Injuries Commonly Sustained in Truck Accidents in Tampa, FL
Just like in any other car accident, a construction truck accident can lead to severe injuries. In fact, the severity of said injuries is often increased due to the larger size of the trucks and the combined weight of the truck and the cargo. A few of the most common injuries that a construction truck accident can cause are as follows:
- Traumatic brain and head injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash.
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Lacerations, cuts, bruises, soreness, and burns.
- Internal bleeding.
- Internal organ damage.
- Wrongful death.
A trucking accident could also lead to emotional distress, mental trauma, and property damage.
If you have experienced any type of injury or impact from a trucking accident in Tampa or elsewhere in Florida, then you need to get in touch with The Law Place for a free case evaluation. Regardless of how small or life-changing the injuries, our lawyers have a vast amount of experience in construction truck accident cases, and we will help determine and fight for the amount of compensation you deserve. So call us now to schedule a free consultation with an established accident lawyer.
Damages Awarded After a Construction Truck Accident
Victims of truck accidents often not only then have to deal with the injuries and trauma caused, but also an immense amount of financial losses. This can be because of medical bills, property damages, lost wages, and more.
Once an attorney has established the negligent party, they can then help you by assessing the number of losses you may have experienced and now deserve compensation to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible. Listed below are the types of damages that The Law Place often recovers compensation for:
- Medical bills – If any injuries sustained in the accident were serious enough that you had to pay medical expenses, then you deserve compensation to cover the bills. This includes future medical costs, as well as travel to and from appointments, and more.
- Property damage – If your vehicle was damaged or totaled in the accident, then you deserve to be reimbursed for the cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle in Tampa.
- Lost wages – Of the injuries caused by the accident rendered you unable to attend work, then the wages you lost because of this should be covered by compensation.
- Permanent disfigurement or disability – If the accident left you with permanent disfigurements and/or a disability, then you deserve compensation.
- Pain and suffering – If you have been left with emotional distress or can no longer take part in activities and hobbies that you used to enjoy, then you may be entitled to compensation.
- Wrongful death – If a loved one was lost in the accident, then you could receive money to cover the funeral costs and loss of consortium.
The losses caused by a trucking accident may be severe and life-changing. If this is the case, then our Tampa truck attorneys will be able to guide and support you through the legal process as they represent your case as well as possible. Contact The Law Place, based in Florida, to speak to a personal injury lawyer and for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Florida Trucking Attorney on Your Side
Many trucking companies will have likely already dealt with multiple accidents involving their trucks. Therefore, they will already have procedures in place to protect themselves and their drivers. The company may also have legal representatives and their insurance company on their side, collecting evidence and reducing the severity of a claim brought against them. They will be fighting to minimize your claim.
An experienced attorney is what you need to counteract the trucking companies’ efforts. At The Law Place, you will be able to receive legal representation from an experienced attorney, perfectly capable of supporting you through the legal process. You can trust that a lawyer from our law firm will give you the best possible legal representation in Florida. Call us today for a free case evaluation.
The Law Place
If you have been involved in a construction truck accident in Tampa or elsewhere in Florida, then it is imperative that you have a truck accident attorney on your side to ensure that you get the maximum amount of financial compensation. You deserve justice for everything you have had to endure.
Call The Law Place today for a free case evaluation from an experienced accident lawyer. The attorneys at our law firm have a combined 75 years of experience in dealing with the Florida legal system, and so we are well-equipped to help you and other victims of trucking accidents.
Don’t fight a powerful insurance company by yourself; let us fight for you to ensure you receive the compensation that you wholly deserve. Phone The Law Place today on (888) 224-6114.