Delivery trucks are constantly increasing in number on the roads in Florida as a consequence of more of us using online delivery as part of our everyday lives. However, as a result of this, more accidents involving commercial vehicles are occurring.
Truck drivers spend long hours behind the wheel to earn their wages. This will often result in truck drivers being less alert or overconfident with their driving abilities, causing vehicle accidents. More truck drivers are involved in vehicle accidents than people in any other form of profession. Accidents involving a truck can be hugely catastrophic; they can cause an immense amount of damage and harm to other drivers involved as well as pedestrians. A truck accident can result in serious and life-changing injuries for all parties involved.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a truck accident and have been left suffering, you may be entitled to compensation. If you are thinking of making a claim, you will need the legal knowledge of a personal injury attorney to guide you through the whole process. The Law Place in Florida has over 75 years of combined experience in handling cases similar to your truck accident case. You can be assured that your case will be in the most capable legal hands with our personal injury attorneys. Our law firm operates all over Florida, including Clearwater, St Petersburg, Sarasota, Tampa, and New Port Richey.
Contact us today at The Law Place for a free consultation. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us today on (941) 444-4444.
Delivery Trucks in Clearwater, FL
It is no surprise that a delivery truck is substantially larger than other regular vehicles on the road. Therefore, truck accidents tend to be greatly more catastrophic than the average car accident. Truck drivers, therefore, have a duty of care to other road users and pedestrians to ensure their safety. When a truck driver violates or ignores this duty of care, a truck accident could occur, causing a colossal amount of damage and harm. It is important to note, however, that it is not just the duty of truck drivers; all road users are expected to conform to a duty of care.
Many different types of trucks can be found on our roads. In Clearwater, the most commonly seen trucks on the road are:
- Box trucks.
- Large vans.
- Platform trucks.
- Flatbed trucks.
- Cutaway van chassis.
If you or someone you know has been the innocent victim of a truck accident, whether that be a delivery truck or another form of truck, you may be entitled to claim compensation. When you contact our law firm, we will offer you a free consultation so that one of our truck accident lawyers will be able to look over your case to see what your best legal options are. At The Law Place, we have a wealth of experience dealing with truck accident cases so you can be assured that your case will be dealt with in the most capable hands.
Don’t hesitate to contact us today. Our personal injury lawyers have a large practice area, so whether you’re in Clearwater, Tampa, St Petersburg, New Port Richey, or anywhere else in Florida, we will be able to help you.
For a free legal consultation with a delivery van accidents lawyer serving Clearwater, call 941-444-4444
Common Causes for Delivery Truck Accidents in Clearwater County
There are many reasons why commercial vehicles are involved in or cause accidents on the road. However, despite the many reasons why truck accidents occur, there is never an acceptable excuse. A delivery truck accident can cause incredibly serious injuries to its victims and inflict an immense amount of pain and suffering.
Some of the most common reasons why a truck accident will occur are:
- Fatigue – Drivers are expected to be behind the wheel for long periods to earn their salary. Consequently, tiredness can come into play. It is not uncommon for a truck driver to be tired. Although, the more tired a driver is, the slower their reaction time.
- Alcohol or drug use – A commercial driver who consumes alcohol or drugs will have a far slower and less effective reaction time. Not only this, but their motor function and decision making skills will likely be negatively impacted, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Insufficient training – In Florida, many companies will simply require their commercial drivers to have only a driving license that is valid in the state. Insufficient training can be incredibly dangerous and can result in truck accidents.
- Driver negligence – This can involve a commercial driver ignoring or violating the rules of the road. For example, this can include a driver speeding beyond the limit or failing to yield.
- Distracted driving – This is a major cause of all types of accidents on the road. Distracted driving is usually against company policy. However, a lot of commercial drivers will become distracted whilst driving by their phone, for example.
- Poor loading or overloading – If a truck has been loaded insufficiently and the cargo is unevenly distributed, it can be incredibly dangerous. A commercial vehicle can be very difficult to maneuver if it has an uneven weight distribution.
- Badly maintained vehicles – Unfortunately, a lot of companies will try and cut costs to maximize their profits. This can mean that they fail to ensure that their trucks are well looked after. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has found that trucks with any out-of-service violations were four times more likely to cause a crash than trucks without any violations.
It does not matter how your truck accident was caused. If you or someone you know has been injured and left suffering because of an accident, you may be entitled to compensation. If you think you may have a claim, don’t hesitate to talk to one of our personal injury lawyers at The Law Place today. Our accident attorneys have a wealth of experience in dealing with accidents caused by commercial vehicles. Call us today for a free consultation.
Clearwater Delivery Van Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Common Injuries Caused by Delivery Truck Accidents
By the very nature of trucks being incredibly large commercial vehicles carrying cargo, the injuries sustained when one of them is involved in an accident can be hugely severe. In some cases, the injuries sustained are forever life-altering. The accident attorneys at The Law Place in Florida can help you if you or someone you know has suffered injuries as the result of a commercial truck accident.
Some of the most typical injuries caused as the result of a commercial truck accident include:
- Neck, back, or spinal cord injury.
- Head or brain injury.
- Internal organ damage.
- Internal bleeding.
- Broken bones or fractures.
Not only may you be suffering from your personal injury, but you may have experienced an immense amount of damage to your vehicle as another result of the accident. If you have been involved in an accident, you could be facing both medical bills and costly vehicle repair bills.
If you have been left out of pocket because of an accident involving a commercial truck, which was not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation. We advise that you contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible to ensure that you achieve the justice you deserve.
The Law Place has a team of accident attorneys with a wealth of legal knowledge and experience. By seeking the legal representation of one of our attorneys, you will be giving yourself the best possible chance of receiving the maximum amount of compensation possible for all of your damages.
Click to contact our Clearwater Truck Accident Lawyers today
Common Damages Following a Delivery Truck Accident in Clearwater
If you or someone you know has been involved in a delivery truck accident in Clearwater, you may have had to face a huge amount of financial loss. The Law Place can help you try and receive compensation for a wide range of damages you have received as a result of your accident.
Our law firm frequently helps our clients to win compensation for the following after suffering an accident:
- Past and future medical bills – One of our lawyers may be able to help you get reimbursed for the costs of any medical expenses; whether they be past or future, you will have to encounter as a result of the accident.
- Property damage – An attorney may be able to help you achieve compensation to help cover the costs of any vehicle repair bills or additional property damage costs you have had to encounter as the result of your accident.
- Past and future lost wages – If the attorney investigating your case can prove that you have lost wages as a result of the accident and injuries you have received, you may be compensated for that. Also, if they can prove that the accident has hindered your future employment prospects, you could be compensated for the lack of future earning capabilities.
- Pain and suffering – The damage caused by your accident likely will not solely be physical. You would be entitled to compensation if you are experiencing mental suffering or have had your quality of life altered as a result of the accident. This can be harder to prove than physical, documented expenses. We advise that you seek the skilled legal help of an attorney to ensure that you get the full amount of compensation that you deserve.
- Related expenses – You could be compensated for other ways that the accident has impacted your life; there is a wide range of damages that you can claim for.
The aftermath of a delivery truck accident can be incredibly difficult to deal with. We advise that you seek the help of a skilled attorney to help lift some of the weight off your shoulders and handle the stress of legal matters on your behalf. At The Law Place, we are aware that no amount of compensation will ever take away the suffering and experience your accident has caused you. However, we would like to help you achieve the justice you deserve to ensure that your suffering will not have been in vain.
For trusted legal advice, contact The Law Place today for a free consultation of your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a Clearwater Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you know has been involved in a truck accident in Florida, you may be entitled to compensation. However, the big delivery corporations who own these commercial vehicles will likely make it incredibly difficult for you to receive the full amount of compensation that you are entitled to. It is not uncommon for them to have aggressive legal teams waiting to devalue your case.
For the best chance of receiving compensation if you or someone you know has been involved in a truck accident is to speak immediately to a personal injury attorney. An attorney will be able to investigate your case and possibly negotiate with the corporation and the defense on your behalf. A personal injury attorney will be able to guide you through the whole complex legal process and advise you on what to say and how to act.
At The Law Place, we have over 75 years of combined experience in dealing with the Florida legal system so you can be certain that your case will be handled in the best possible hands.
Contact The Law Place Today!
If you seek legal representation, you will be dramatically increasing your chances of achieving a fair settlement and maximum amount of compensation for your accident. At The Law Place, we can offer you a free consultation with one of our skilled accident attorneys to evaluate your case. They will truly give you honest and unbiased advice on what your best legal options available to you are.
Our practice areas cover the whole of Florida, such as Clearwater, Tampa, Sarasota, St Petersburg, and New Port Richey.
You don’t have to be alone in this. We will be by your side throughout the whole process and help you win the justice that you deserve. Don’t hesitate to contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation.
We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to listen to your call. Call us today on (941) 444-4444.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form