Failure to give right of way can be a major cause of serious road accidents across the State of Florida, including Venice. The driver at fault’s negligence may result in serious personal injuries to those involved in the accident. These injuries can lead to life-altering damages, or they could even be fatal. In the case of a truck accident, more caution needs to be applied. Unlike a car accident, the vehicle collision is much more severe when involving a truck due to its sheer size.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident due to another driver’s failure to yield, you may be entitled to some form of compensation. You should not hesitate to seek legal advice from a reputable law firm, as this will help you gain the compensation that you deserve. Here at The Law Place, we understand that this time will have both physical and emotional consequences. We want to help you with your personal injury case and help you reach the settlement you deserve. Our team has 75 years of experience helping clients across Florida in a range of different cases, including failure to yield accidents.
When you get in contact with us, a member of our team will give you a free case evaluation. It is important to know that any information shared in that conversation will be totally protected by us. So, contact our Venice office today for a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer at (941) 444-4444. Our telephone lines are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – meaning no time is a bad time to get in touch.
Establishing Who Has the Right of Way in Venice, FL.
During a failure to yield accident case, it is important to establish who is accountable. Once it is determined who had the right of way, liability can be established. Listed below is what Florida’s law states about who has the right of way in the following situations:
- If you are turning left, drivers are legally required to yield to any vehicles that are approaching.
- If there is a red traffic light at an intersection or a stop sign, as a driver, you must stop.
- When you are driving on a roundabout, drivers approaching from the left must be given the right of way.
- In the presence of any kind of emergency service, drivers are required to always yield.
- If you are driving on an open intersection, the right of way must be given to drivers who are on the intersection already.
If you fail to follow these rules of the road, it is likely to result in a serious road accident. If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident due to someone’s failure to keep to these rules, contact The Law Place today for a free case evaluation with a truck accident lawyer.
How Can Liability Be Proven in a Failure to Yield Truck Accident?
As a driver in the United States, you have a legal obligation to exercise your duty of care when operating a moving vehicle. This means taking caution when driving and following the rules of the road in order to prevent an accident from occurring. It is likely that when a truck accident or car accident has happened, the driver in question has failed to follow their duty of care.
In order to prove that your personal injuries were the result of the negligence of the opposing party, your Venice truck accident lawyer will have to prove the following:
- The other party owed you a duty of care – On the road, drivers owe each other a duty of care to yield in fixed road situations.
- The other party breached this duty of care – If the driver in question failed to follow the rules of the road and failed to yield, they have breached their duty of care towards you.
- The actions of the other party caused your injury – Through their failure to yield, personal injury or property damaged occurred, which they are liable for.
In a failure to yield situation, the opposing party will argue their side of events and attempt to claim that you were responsible for the accident. In order to avoid these complex and unnecessary legal loopholes, it is crucial that you have strong legal representation. A truck accident lawyer from The Law Place will be able to fight your corner and help you reach the settlement you deserve.
What Evidence Can Be Gathered to Prove the Opposing Party Failed to Yield?
In failure to yield accidents, evidence will be crucial to the overall success of your case. Your personal injury attorney will collate evidence in order to build a strong case for you. Listed below are the steps they will take in order to achieve this:
- They will visit the scene of the accident, searching for more physical evidence that might have been missed to understand what happened. This includes damage to any surrounding property at the scene or skid marks left behind on the road from the collision.
- On your behalf, they will have experienced professionals examine both of the vehicles that were involved in the accident to gain a further understanding of what occurred at the time of the incident.
- They will collect witness statements from those present at the accident. This kind of evidence is crucial in order to gain more clarity about what happened.
- They will work to access any CCTV footage that might be available that clearly shows what happened during the accident.
Do not attempt to go through this legal process alone. Contact The Law Place today for legal advice and a free case evaluation with one of our truck accident lawyers.
What Damages Can I Claim for in a Failure to Yield Truck Accident in Venice, FL?
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident that wasn’t your fault, you are legally entitled to claim any damages that occurred as a result. Listed below are some of the damages people claim for:
- Medical bills – It is likely that some of the physical injuries sustained could require you to need medical attention. If this is the case, it is important to keep any medical bills or doctors letters so that you can reclaim the money.
- Loss of earnings – Depending on the severity of the accident, some injuries mean that you might not be able to return to work for a significant period of time. If this is the case, you will be eligible to claim these lost wages.
- Pain and suffering – Pain and suffering refer to any physical or emotional stress you experience in the aftermath of an accident. Although it could be difficult to prove emotional suffering, it does not make it any less valid.
- Property damage – If during a failure to yield accident your vehicle becomes damaged, you are entitled to compensation. This also includes any property of value that may have been present in the vehicle at the time of the accident, like your laptop or cell phone.
- Wrongful death – In the worst failure to yield accident cases, they can lead to the wrongful death of a loved one. We understand that no amount of money will help deal with the pain you are experiencing, but easing any financial burden could contribute positively towards your recovery. This compensation can also contribute to funeral costs, etc.
What Can a Venice Accident Attorney Do for You?
Through extensive research, it has been shown that almost 90% of truck accident cases with legal representation end with a payout. Typically, these payouts are 60% larger than those awarded without representation from an attorney. The type of payout is also dependent on evidence gathered from the case, but it is no secret that having an experienced lawyer will benefit your case greatly.
At The Law Place – we are here to help. Our team of personal injury attorneys wants to fight your case and ensure the best possible outcome. Our number one priority is making sure that this legal process doesn’t cause any more stress for you during this time, allowing time for you to heal.
Once you call us, you will receive a free consultation, during which you can give an account of what happened. Through this, we can determine the next steps for your case. As a distinguished law firm, we strive to give legal advice that is both honest and unbiased.
If you decide that you want to be represented by our law firm, we will then examine your case in more detail. During this meeting, we will outline our fee structure and answer any questions so that you are left feeling confident and comfortable with our services. The next step in the procedure will be to make sure any paperwork is signed, and from that moment, a personal injury attorney will take over the case on your behalf and ensure that you receive your settlement.
We will also be in charge of the communication with your insurance company. It is important that you do not communicate with any insurance company without the presence of your attorney. They have tendencies to deceive, offering quick settlements to seem like they are helping, but in reality, they are much lower than you deserve.
Once all of the evidence has been collated and a strong case has been built, we will request a settlement that reflects what you have suffered. For these kinds of cases, it is likely that it will not go to trial. Insurance companies prefer to settle the matter outside of the courtroom. However, in the event that they do not accept our offer or they offer something totally unreasonable, our case will be strong enough to carry to trial if it should come to that.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle collision due to someone failing to yield, call The Law Place today. We have a wealth of experience in dealing with cases that are similar to yours, especially motor vehicle accidents, including both truck accidents and car accidents. We offer a free case evaluation upon calling, and our phone lines are open 24/7, so don’t hesitate.
Call today on (941) 444-4444 and receive your free consultation. Your case is in safe hands.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form