If you have been involved in a tow truck accident, then we know here at The Law Place the results from this type of accident can be life-changing. Tow trucks are known to be twice the size compared to regular vehicles. So they can be more dangerous compared to being involved in a regular car accident. Luckily, tow trucks are not as common on the roads of Florida. Also, driving a tow truck requires specific training and licenses, so crashes with a tow truck are very unlikely. However, this doesn’t make them impossible.
If you or even a loved one has been involved in an accident here in Venice, FL., that involved a tow truck, then you may be entitled to financial compensation. By contacting The Law Place in Venice, FL., today, we will provide you with the best accident lawyers in the state. They will fight for your case and get you the justice and compensation you deserve. At our law firm, we have over 75 years combined experience of dealing with law in Florida. The Law Place has the right resources, knowledge, and experience needed for dealing with your unique truck accident case.
Call us on (941) 444-4444 to book your free consultation, where our lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What Are Some of Common Types of Tow Trucks in Venice, FL?
In terms of tow trucks, there are four different types, and each of them serves a different purpose. These types include:
- Hook and Chain tow truck- This type of truck uses chains with a hook in order to tow vehicles.
- Wheel-lift tow truck- This truck is very similar to the hook and chain truck. However, you have to attach the vehicle from underneath, so you do not damage the car, specifically the paint.
- Flatbed tow truck- This type of truck is normally used to tow cars. The truck uses a hydraulically powered flatbed in order to move the broken-down vehicle onto the flatbed.
- Integrated tow truck- This type of truck uses two different mechanisms. They are also commonly used to tow small vehicles, which are normally just cars.
If you have unfortunately been involved in an accident that involved a tow truck driver, and they were driving any of the types of tow trucks listed above, then you need to call The Law Place today to see if you have a viable claim to try and receive any financial compensation. Our team of personal injury lawyers will be able to offer you a free consultation, where they will thoroughly look at the details of your unique personal injury case to take you on the next steps of your legal journey. Our team will be here to put up an aggressive fight to try and get the justice and compensation you deserve.
What Are Some of the Common Causes of Tow Truck Accidents in Venice, FL?
There are many reasons why a vehicle accident occurs. This is exactly the same for a tow truck accident. Here are some of the most common reasons why a tow truck accident may occur. This includes:
- Reckless or negligent driving – Both the force and size of a tow truck mean that this vehicle is automatically a dangerous vehicle to drive. If on the roads of Florida a tow truck makes either a mistake or the truck driver is driving recklessly, then their negligence may lead to a truck accident that could lead to serious injuries and even death.
- Distracted driving – On the roads of Florida and anywhere else in the world, there are plenty of distractions that can take the focus of the driver away from the vehicle. This may include cellphones, radios, and even more. If the driver of the tow truck is not paying attention, then a truck accident is likely to occur.
- Unsecure vehicle – With a tow truck, the objective of the vehicle is to tow a vehicle along the roads. If the vehicle attached is not secure, then this has the opportunity to cause a serious accident. This may be because the car being towed is not being controlled by any driver, so this can easily become dangerous.
- Driving under the influence – If the driver of a tow truck is driving whilst under the influence, then their reaction times will be slowed down and will most likely cause problems on the road.
- Unfavorable weather conditions – Whether it’s rain, snow, sleet, or any other weather conditions, this can make driving on the roads very dangerous.
- Poor truck maintenance – When maintaining a tow truck, they must be regularly inspected for any problems with the truck. If this is not checked, then this can cause a dangerous situation on the roads.
Whatever the reason was for the cause of the accident, if you have been involved in a tow truck accident and you sustained any injuries, then you may be entitled to some compensation. Contact The Law Place today for your free consultation as well as a free case evaluation where you will be able to discuss this with an experienced truck accident lawyer.
What Are Some Common Injuries Caused by Tow Truck Accidents?
In any car or truck accident, the injuries any victim sustained can be serious and life-changing for them. If you are unfortunately involved in a truck accident, due to their large size, these can lead to much more severe injuries and, in some cases, fatalities. Here are some of the most common types of injuries that can be caused by a tow truck accident.
- Whiplash and similar neck injuries.
- Head and brain injuries, such as a concussion.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones, fractures, or crushed bones.
- Burns, cuts, lacerations, or bruises.
- Internal bleeding.
- Wrongful death.
The accident could also cause you and other passengers emotional distress, alongside damage to your vehicle.
If you or a loved one has experienced any of the common injuries mentioned above due to being in a tow-truck accident, you may be entitled to justice and financial compensation. Contact the lawyers here at The Law Place today, where you will receive a free case evaluation with one of our personal injury lawyers.
Liability in a Venice Tow Trucking Accident Case
Just like all auto vehicles, tow trucks require regular maintenance checks. They must also be inspected before they are legally allowed to be driven on the roads of Venice, FL. However, according to the National Highway Safety Transportation Administration (NHSTA), large trucks and semi-trucks are involved in approximately 4,000 accident fatalities and also over 100,000 injuries every year in the United States.
Truck accidents can occur due to many reasons. This may include improper unattached trailers, brake failures, overly worn tired and also improper load distribution. However, it may not always be the truck driver who is at fault for the accident. Other parties that may have had some involvement in ensuring the tow truck was safe on the roads of Florida include:
- The driver.
- The company that owns the truck.
- The truck manufacturer.
- The truck loader.
- The company is responsible for the maintenance of the truck.
Whenever a car accident or a truck accident occurs, it can be difficult for you to determine who should be held accountable. However, it is important that large trucking companies are held liable in some way if they have failed to maintain their vehicles. These large trucking companies need to be held accountable for their failures, so they can then improve their safety measures and protect drivers from any potential future accidents.
What Are Some of the Types Of Damages That I May Be Able to Claim?
If you or a loved one has unfortunately been involved in a tow truck accident, then you may be able to claim for damages. Here at The Law Place, our team of personal injury lawyers will be able to seek compensation for the following types of damages.
- Medical bills – If you had to seek medical help for any injuries you may have sustained from the accident, then you will be able to receive damages for any of the medical costs you had to pay.
- Loss of wages – If you had to take any time off work and this resulted in a loss of wages, then you will be entitled to some financial compensation.
- Pain and suffering – This involves any emotional and physical suffering and also includes a loss of enjoyment in any activities that you may no longer be able to do. As this type of damage is harder to prove, this is when it becomes even more important to get a legal representative and personal injury lawyer to fight your corner, as they will be able to gather the right evidence to prove this.
- Damage to property – If your vehicle or any other property was damaged in the accident, then you will be entitled to compensation to pay for any repairs needed for your vehicle.
- Wrongful death – If a tow truck accident has led to the worst circumstance where a loved one has lost their life, then you will be entitled to financial compensation to cover both funeral costs and loss of consortium.
Our team here at The Law Place is full of personal injury lawyers who will talk you through any damages that you deserve and may be entitled to. So, book your free consultation with us today to find out what these may be! Any loss that has been sustained due to a tow truck accident can be devastating, so The Law Place wants to give you a fighting chance to receive any damages you may be entitled to. So, enlist a personal injury lawyer here today, where they will help you navigate through the complex laws of Florida.
Contact The Law Place Today!
Here at The Law Place, our law firm is fully equipped to make sure that you have a fighting chance of getting the justice and compensation you deserve. Our team of personal injury lawyers has over 75 years of combined experience behind them, so they are knowledgeable and experienced when dealing with these types of cases. If you have unfortunately been involved in a tow truck accident in Venice, Florida, then call one of our truck accident lawyers at The Law Place for a free consultation. Do not wait or risk losing your chance at securing your justice.
Phone The Law Place today on (941) 444-4444, where our lines are open 24 hours a day and seven days a week.