One of the most common reasons why a truck accident or car accident in Venice will occur is because of a truck driver improperly passing another motor vehicle. A trucking accident case of this nature is a perfect example of negligent or aggressive driving. A car accident or truck accident caused by passing improperly can result in accident victims suffering serious injuries.
These truck accidents are fairly common in the State of Florida. If you are a victim of a truck accident and have been injured because a truck driver improperly passed a motor vehicle, you will likely be entitled to compensation. With the help of truck accident lawyers, you will be able to win the justice that you deserve.
At The Law Place, we have a team of personal injury attorneys who have over 75 years of combined experience helping accident victims win the compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, a personal injury attorney can help you. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our truck accident lawyers. In this free consultation, a truck accident attorney will be able to answer all of your questions and offer you some free legal advice. Phone our law firm to schedule a free consultation now at (941) 444-4444. Phone lines are open 24/7.
In This Article
- What Is Improper Passing?
- Dangerous Passing That Puts Other Vehicles at Risk
- Why Do Truck Drivers Make Unsafe Lane Changes in Venice, FL?
- Who Is at Fault in Most Truck Accidents?
- Common Injuries Sustained in Truck Accidents in Venice
- Damages Typically Awarded After an Improper Passing Truck Accident in Venice, FL.
- What Is the Average Payout for a Motorcycle Accident?
- How Can Venice Accident Lawyers Help Me?
- Who Investigates Motor Accidents in Florida?
- Do I Need to Act Quickly?
- How Much Will a Venice Personal Injury Lawyer Cost Me?
- Contact The Law Place Today!
What Is Improper Passing?
Drivers pass other vehicles regularly. For most people, this will be an everyday occurrence. In order to pass a vehicle, however, there is a strict procedure that all drivers must comply with. They must signal their blinker, check all of their blind spots, check their mirrors, and ensure that there is plenty of room for them to complete the procedure safely.
When drivers do not follow this procedure correctly, they can be charged for making an improper pass as they are driving dangerously. Driver fatigue and road conditions can also contribute to a driver making an improper pass. In Florida, there are three main types of passing improperly, and these are stated below.
Passing on the Right
Florida Statute 316.084 outlines how it is illegal to pass another vehicle on the right. There are only a few exceptions when this is allowed. For example, you can pass on the right if another vehicle is planning on turning left and there is enough room on a two-lane road to pass the turning vehicle safely.
Making a Blind Pass
It is also against the law in Florida to pass another driver without checking their blind spots in an oncoming traffic lane. For example, you are not allowed to pass another vehicle on a bendy road or at the bottom of a hill where you are unable to see the traffic coming from the opposite direction.
For a free legal consultation with a improper passing accidents lawyer serving Venice, call 941-444-4444
Dangerous Passing That Puts Other Vehicles at Risk
Most drivers in Florida will have experienced being ‘Cut Off’ at some point in their lives. This type of passing is actually classified as improper, and any person seen to be cutting up other drivers on the road can be in trouble if spotted by a police officer. Disrupting the safe passing of a vehicle is illegal in Venice.
Venice Improper Passing Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Why Do Truck Drivers Make Unsafe Lane Changes in Venice, FL?
There are many reasons why a truck driver in Florida will improperly pass a vehicle or change lanes unsafely in Venice. Often, truck drivers will make unsafe lane changes because they are driving negligently and recklessly. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents caused by trucks changing lanes unsafely are:
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – It is not legal in Florida for drivers to be operating their vehicles with high levels of alcohol and/ or drugs in their system. Unfortunately, many truck accidents do occur in Florida because of truck drivers driving under the influence. DUI is very dangerous. A truck accident may occur because it can slow down a truck driver’s reaction times and negatively impact their decision-making skills.
- Reckless or negligent driving – Truck accidents often happen because of a truck driver’s overconfidence. They can also occur when a truck driver is frustrated. A reckless truck driver will improperly pass a vehicle with little consideration of the danger they are putting others in.
- Distracted drivers – This is becoming a very common cause of truck accidents in the State of Florida. These accidents occur when drivers get distracted by their cellphone, radio, electronic devices, and more.
Who Is at Fault in Most Truck Accidents?
In a passing improperly accident, the driver at fault is typically the driver who committed the unsafe move. Whenever a case of this nature reaches court, however, it is typical that the actions of all the parties involves will be examined to determine fault.
In court, the judge and jury will listen to the cases put before them by the attorneys working on the case before they make their decision. This is why it is a good idea to have a reputable and highly skilled attorney working on your case. An attorney at The Law Place will be able to build you a strong enough case to ensure that you win if your case ever goes to court. You may be relieved to know that most cases are, in fact, settled outside of the courtroom.
Regardless of who you think is at fault in your case, we would strongly recommend that you at least seek some legal advice from a highly skilled and experienced attorney. At our law firm, we can offer you some free and unbiased legal advice. It is your decision whether you hire an attorney or not, as you are well within your right to represent yourself. However, having an attorney working on your case will greatly improve your cases of winning and determining the fault of the trucking company.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Injuries Sustained in Truck Accidents in Venice
A vehicle accident of any kind in the State of Florida can result in victims suffering very severe injuries. However, truck accidents tend to result in people being injured more severely than other accidents because trucks are so large. Some of the most common injuries that victims of truck accidents will suffer are:
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Traumatic head injuries.
- Back injuries.
- Internal bleeding.
- Fractures and broken bones.
- Sprains, lacerations, burns, bruises, and cuts.
- Wrongful death of a loved one.
Any kind of truck accident can be very traumatic. People who are injured in these accidents will likely also be suffering severe trauma, emotional distress, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. If you have been hurt and your life has changed because of a truck accident, you should call some truck accident lawyers today.
Damages Typically Awarded After an Improper Passing Truck Accident in Venice, FL.
One of our personal injury accident lawyers at our law firm will be able to help you win the amount of compensation that you deserve if you have been involved in a truck accident. Some of the damages that a truck accident lawyer at our law firm could win for you following your truck accident are as follows:
- Medical bills – This can cover any past, present, and future medical bills. It will also cover additional medical expenses, such as travel to appointments and much more.
- Property damage – If your vehicle was damaged in the truck accident, a truck accident lawyer would be able to help you win the compensation to cover repair costs.
- Pain and suffering – compensation for pain and suffering will cover the trauma and emotional distress that you may have suffered. It also covers a loss of enjoyment for life if your injuries have greatly changed your life. It can be difficult to prove pain and suffering, but a personal injury accident lawyer at our law firm will work to ensure you’ll be compensated.
- Lost wages – If you have lost wages or your injuries have reduced your earning capacity, one of our Florida personal injury attorneys will help you file a claim for this.
- Loss of a loved one – If you have tragically lost a family member in a truck accident, one of our personal injury attorneys will help you receive compensation to cover the funeral costs, their lost wages, and loss of consortium.
What Is the Average Payout for a Motorcycle Accident?
Every truck accident case is difficult, and therefore, it is very difficult for our truck accident lawyers to state what the average payout for a truck accident is. There is no “average payout” for an accident of this nature. Some of the factors that can impact the kind of payout you could expect to receive are as follows:
- The severity of your truck accident injury.
- The amount of property damage suffered to your vehicle.
- The policies of your insurance company.
- The insurance company policies of the trucking company.
If you are a victim of a truck accident and are wondering how much your case could achieve in compensation, call one of our truck accident lawyers to schedule a free case evaluation today. One of our accident lawyers will be able to briefly examine your case to give you a rough estimation of what a case like yours could achieve in compensation.
How Can Venice Accident Lawyers Help Me?
If you have suffered an injury in a truck accident or car accident, we strongly recommend that you speak to a personal injury accident lawyer who has lots of experience working on cases like yours. A truck accident lawyer will be able to build you a strong case to achieve the compensation you deserve. There are many ways how our truck accident attorneys can help you. Here are just some of the things they can do to help:
- Offer you honest and unbiased legal advice and answer any questions that you might have.
- Investigate your accident case a great deal by gathering all necessary evidence. This can include witness statements, medical reports, police reports, and much more.
- Examine your accident case to determine how much it is worth in compensation. Your truck accident lawyer will look at all of your medical bills, recipes, employment records, and much more.
- Legally represent you in all negotiations with insurance companies.
- Handle all of the legal paperwork so you don’t have to.
- Fight for your case in court if other parties aren’t cooperating and won’t agree on a fair settlement.
Who Investigates Motor Accidents in Florida?
In Florida, motor accidents typically are investigated by the local police and/ or the Florida Highway Patrol. Although these bodies may be investigating your case, we would strongly recommend that you hire a car accident truck accident lawyer to investigate your case too.
An attorney-client relationship at The Law Place is one of immense loyalty and commitment. It is beneficial to have a lawyer working on your case that you can trust and work alongside. By having a car accident or truck accident attorney working on your case, you will be giving yourself the best chance you have of receiving the maximum amount of compensation possible.
Do I Need to Act Quickly?
If you have been injured because you have been involved in a truck accident, you must act quickly. Florida Statute 95.11 outlines Florida’s statutes of limitations, and the law states that injury victims only have four years following the date of their accident to file a claim for compensation. This may seem like quite a long time, but it really isn’t. Once these four years have passed, your case will be barred, and you will be unable to make a claim.
These statutes are even tougher for cases of wrongful death. If you wish to file a claim for wrongful death, you only have two years to do so. It is for this reason that we strongly recommend that you call a truck accident attorney as soon as you can after an accident. The sooner you contact a truck accident attorney, the greater the chance you have of winning the compensation that you deserve.
How Much Will a Venice Personal Injury Lawyer Cost Me?
We have helped countless clients at our law firm, so we truly understand just how traumatic an accident of this nature can be. If you have been involved in a truck accident, we would love to share our very greatest sympathies with both you and your family. No one should have to suffer such a tragic accident.
The aftermath of such a truck or car accident can be incredibly stressful. One of our accident attorneys could help you through this time. We can ease some of the stresses and burdens that you may be facing. It is important for you to understand that we work on a contingency basis. This means that you will never receive any surprise bills. You will also not have to pay us a cent upfront. We will only get paid if we are successful and win your case, in which case our legal fees are simply taken from the final settlement. Therefore, if for some reason we are not successful, you don’t owe us anything.
The Florida State Bar Association works to monitor the contingency work of law firms in Florida, and we abide strictly by their rules. You can trust us and feel assured with your case in our hands. We understand that hiring an attorney after a truck or car accident can be quite daunting. Please don’t hesitate to call our office if you have any further questions concerning legal fees. One of our attorneys will happily take your call and offer you some unbiased legal advice.
Contact The Law Place Today!
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a truck or car accident in Florida, please call us today for a free consultation. Our practice areas cover the whole of Florida, so no matter where your accident has occurred, we can help you.
Trucks can cause some of the very worst vehicle accidents and can change lives forever. If you decide that you want the help of one of our attorneys, we promise that we won’t stop fighting for your case until you are satisfied with the outcome.
If you are thinking of filing a claim for compensation, give us a call today. Our office is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call our attorneys now to schedule your free consultation at (941) 444-4444.