We know that if you’ve been involved in a tow truck accident, the results can be life-changing. Tow trucks can often be twice the size as a regular vehicle, and so can be far more fatal and devastating than a regular car accident. Thankfully, as tow trucks aren’t so common on Florida roads, and tow truck drivers require specific training and licenses, crashes with them are unlikely, but not impossible.
If you or a loved one have been in an accident involving a tow truck, then you could be entitled to financial compensation. By contacting The Law Place, based in Sarasota, Florida, you are ensuring that you have the best accident lawyers on your side fighting for your case.
With a combined 75 years of experience dealing with Florida law, our law firm has the resources, knowledge, and experience needed to represent you and your case. Call us now on (941) 444-4444 to book your free consultation to have a personal injury lawyer evaluate your case for you.
In This Article
- Common Types of Tow Trucks in Sarasota
- Types of Tow Truck Accidents
- Common Causes of Tow Truck Accidents in Sarasota
- Common Injuries Caused by Tow Truck Accidents
- Types of Damages
- The Law Place
Common Types of Tow Trucks in Sarasota
There are four most common types of trucks, and each one serves a specified purpose. The most common are listed below:
- Hook and Chain tow truck – This is a type of truck that uses chains with a hook to tow vehicles.
- Wheel-lift tow truck – This is very similar to a hook and chain truck, but they fasten the vehicle from the underneath of it to not damage the car, specifically the paint.
- Flatbed tow truck – This is typically used for cars. It uses a hydraulically powered flatbed to move the broken-down vehicle onto the flatbed.
- Integrated tow truck – These trucks use two different mechanisms and are commonly used to tow small vehicles, usually just cars.
If you have been involved in an accident with a tow truck driver in any of the above, or another type of tow truck, then you should call The Law Place, based in Sarasota, just south of Tampa, F. Our personal injury lawyers can offer you a free consultation and case evaluation and will fight for you to receive compensation and justice for any impacts this may have had on your life.
For a free legal consultation with a tow truck accidents lawyer serving Sarasota, call 941-444-4444
Types of Tow Truck Accidents
Much like when driving any vehicle, truck drivers making mistakes can lead to several different types of accidents, and all of these can be severe. The most common collisions include:
- Head-on collisions – This is where the front ends of two vehicles hit each other when traveling in opposite directions.
- Rear-end collisions – This is where a vehicle crashes into the one in front of it.
- T-bone collisions – This is where the front of a vehicle crashes into the side of another.
- Sideswipe collisions – this is where the right side of one vehicle impacts with the left side of the other.
- Underride collisions – This is where a smaller vehicle gets stuck under a larger one.
Any of these types of collisions can cause you serious harm and extensive property damage. If you have been involved in one of these collisions, or similar, then you could be entitled to compensation and should call The Law Place for a free consultation.
Sarasota Tow Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Common Causes of Tow Truck Accidents in Sarasota
While there are countless reasons that a tow truck may crash and cause an accident, listed below are some of the most common reasons:
- Reckless or negligent driving – The power and size of a tow truck means that the vehicle is automatically dangerous to drive, and so if tow truck drivers make a mistake or drive carelessly, they can cause a possibly fatal accident.
- Distracted driving – In today’s world, there are lots of distractions for drivers, in the way of cellphones, radios, and more. If the tow truck driver isn’t paying attention, an accident can easily occur.
- Unsecure vehicle – Should the vehicle that the tow truck is towing becomes unsecured, then serious accidents can happen. This is because the car has no driver to control it, and so it becomes quickly dangerous. It could also potentially cause a chain reaction of crashes.
- Driving under the influence – If a tow truck driver is driving under the influence, then their reaction times are slowed, and they could make mistakes unwittingly.
- Unfavorable weather conditions – Rain, snow, sleet, and other similar weather conditions can make driving in any vehicle dangerous, but driving a large and heavy truck in such conditions is even more precarious.
- Poor truck maintenance – Tow trucks need to be regularly inspected as any problems with the truck could create a dangerous situation on the roads.
Regardless of the reason why the crash might have occurred, if you have been involved in an accident with a tow truck, then you may deserve compensation. Call The Law Place today for a free consultation and a free case evaluation with an experienced and accomplished truck accident lawyer.
Common Injuries Caused by Tow Truck Accidents
Any vehicle accident can lead to serious and devastating injuries; however, because of the size of trucks, a truck accident can often lead to more severe, and sometimes even fatal, injuries. Below are some of the most common injuries caused by a tow truck accident:
- Whiplash and similar neck injuries.
- Head and brain injuries, such as a concussion.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones, fractures, or crushed bones.
- Burns, cuts, lacerations, or bruises.
- Internal bleeding.
- Wrongful death.
Tow truck accidents could also cause you and other passengers emotional distress, as well as damage to your vehicle.
If you or a loved one have experienced any of the above injuries, or any others, from a tow truck accident, then you may be entitled to financial compensation. Call The Law Place today for a free case evaluation with one of our personal injury lawyers in Sarasota.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Damages
If you have been involved in a tow truck accident, then you may be able to claim for damages. At The Law Place, our accident lawyers will be able to seek compensation for the following:
- Medical bills – If you have had to seek medical help for injuries sustained in the accident, then you should receive damages for the cost of any medical expenses.
- Loss of wages – If you lost wages because you couldn’t go to work for a period of time because of the accident, then you deserve compensation.
- Pain and suffering – This covers emotional and mental suffering, as well as a loss of enjoyment in activities you may no longer be able to partake in because of the accident. As these are difficult to prove, it’s important you have an experienced and local injury lawyer fighting for you.
- Damage to property – If your vehicle or any other property you may have was damaged in the accident, then you deserve compensation to pay for any repair bills.
- Wrongful death – If you have lost a loved one because of the accident, then you deserve compensation to cover funeral costs and loss of consortium.
A lawyer from our injury law firm, The Law Place, will be able to talk you through the damages you deserve if you call to book a free consultation with us today. The losses sustained in a tow truck accident can often be substantial, and so to give you the best possible chance to receive the damages you deserve, you should enlist a personal injury lawyer to help you navigate Florida law and fight for the justice that you deserve.
The Law Place
Our law firm is fully equipped to ensure that you have the best chance of receiving the justice you deserve. If you have been in a tow truck accident around Sarasota, south of Tampa Fl, then call us today for a free consultation. Don’t wait and risk losing out on your chance at securing justice; phone The Law Place on (941) 444-4444 today to fight for your compensation with an experienced and tenacious lawyer on your side.