The ability to browse online, purchase items at the click of a button, and have them delivered to your door in a matter of days, is undoubtedly becoming increasingly popular in Florida and across the world. Whilst online shopping is easy and convenient for consumers; increasing pressure is being placed on delivery companies and their drivers to manage the increased workload and deliver parcels on time. As a result, increasing numbers of commercial vehicles are taking to the roads each day in order to meet this demand, and thus making truck accidents increasingly likely to occur.
If you have been involved in a Venice truck accident that has resulted in injury or damage, then you may be deserving of compensation. Here at The Law Place, we have a team of skilled attorneys with over 75 years of combined experience in handling truck accident cases like yours. An adept personal injury lawyer will be there to support you throughout the legal process and will fight for your rights to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Our Venice phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can call us at a time most convenient for you, and rest assured, a skilled accident lawyer will be on hand to help. Call our Venice offices at (941) 444-4444, and arrange a free consultation today.
UPS Truck Company Statistics
As highlighted on the UPS company website, UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company. The company delivers over 5.5 billion packages each year to more than 220 nations and territories. Furthermore, the Federal Safety Measurement System website highlights that UPS has a fleet of over 121,000 trucks and over 118,000 drivers. Looking at these statistics, it is therefore unsurprising that so many accidents involving commercial vehicles occur each year in the United States.
What Are the Most Common Causes for Truck Accidents in Venice, FL?
Accidents involving commercial vehicles are becoming increasingly common in Florida. This is due to the increase in demand for online deliveries. Some of the most common causes for truck accidents are:
- Drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI) – Both drugs and alcohol can interfere with a person’s ability to make decisions and can slow down a driver’s reaction time.
- Driver fatigue – Due to the increase in demand for online shopping, drivers are often forced to work long hours in order to meet deadlines on time. As a result, drivers spend long hours behind the wheel, making them tired and unable to concentrate and thus making accidents increasingly likely to occur.
- Poorly loaded or overloaded cargo – When commercial vehicles are poorly loaded, it can make them increasingly hard to steer and control, and therefore increases the chances of an accident.
- Company negligence – UPS, as well as other delivery companies, have a duty of care to look after their staff and vehicles. When this is neglected, the chances of an accident occurring increases greatly.
- Stopping and standing hazards – More often than not, delivery drivers are given ambitious targets to deliver a certain amount of packages in a short period of time. As a result, drivers often look to cut corners to achieve these targets. By cutting corners, the chances of an accident occurring become more likely.
Common Injuries That Result From a Florida Truck Accident
Due to the heavyweight and large size of a commercial truck, road collisions that involve a truck can often have devastating and life-changing consequences. Some of the most common injuries sustained as a result of a truck accident are:
- Burns, cuts, and lacerations.
- Injuries to the head or neck.
- Back injuries.
- Fractured or broken bones.
- Internal bleeding.
- Internal organ damage.
- Wrongful death.
In addition to the physical injuries incurred as a result of a truck accident, there is also a lot of emotional distress and trauma. Pain and suffering account for both the physical and emotional distress resulting from the injury.
Our attorneys will be on hand to support and guide you through the legal process. Call our offices in Venice today to arrange a free consultation with a skilled truck accident lawyer
What Are the Most Common Damages That Result From a Truck Accident in Venice, FL?
Depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident, for every road collision, there is often a number of damages that you may be liable to claim. Such damages could include:
- Expenses incurred from attending medical appointments – This also includes any costs incurred from getting to and from these appointments.
- Any loss of wages or potential loss of income – If an accident has prevented you from being able to work, then you may be able to claim for any lost income you have incurred.
- Pain and suffering – If the truck accident has prevented you from living the life you lived before the accident, then you may be able to claim compensation for this.
- Loss of consortium – If you have been unfortunate enough to lose a loved one as a result of a truck accident, then you may be able to claim damages that would cover the cost of funeral expenses, their loss of income, as well as emotional distress and trauma caused.
No matter the damages that you may be facing, here at The Law Place, we have a team of highly skilled attorneys that have an abundance of knowledge when it comes to handling the Florida legal system. A competent personal injury attorney will be there to guide you through the legal process and will fight on your behalf to ensure you receive the compensation that you are entitled to. Call our Venice offices today to arrange a free consultation with an adept accident lawyer.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Truck Accident in Venice?
Establishing liability for a traffic collision is a key factor in a commercial vehicle accident claim. However, when it comes to truck accidents, establishing liability can sometimes be tricky as often there is more than one party that can be held liable. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the truck accident, liability may be placed on any of the following parties:
- The driver of the truck.
- The trucking company.
- The insurance provider.
- Third-party companies
It is worthwhile noting that under Florida Statue 768.81, Florida operates a comparative negligence scheme. This means that each party is liable to pay for the damages, according to the percentage that they were at fault. For example, if the driver of the truck is found to be 15% liable, and the truck company was found to be 85% liable, then the truck driver would have to pay for 15% of the damages, and the trucking company would pay for the rest. A skilled truck accident lawyer can guide you through this process and ensure you receive the best possible outcome.
How Can a Skilled Truck Accident Attorney Help Me?
If you have been unfortunate to be involved in an accident with a commercial truck vehicle, then it is strongly recommended to seek legal advice as soon as possible after the incident. Whilst, according to Florida Statute 95.11, you have up to four years from the date of the accident to file a claim, at The Law Place, we strongly believe that the sooner your claim is made, then the better. By seeking the expertise of a truck accident lawyer immediately after the accident, you greatly increase your chances of building a strong case and receiving compensation. Our attorneys will work to gather any evidence and information that can support you with your case and ensure you receive the compensation that you are entitled to.
All our legal work is monitored by the State Bar Associations. This association set limits on the amount that lawyers can charge for their work. During your first consultation, an accident lawyer will sit down and go through our legal costs to ensure you know our legal fee structure. At The Law Place, we work on a contingency fee structure, meaning that you will not pay any upfront costs. Instead, any legal fees will simply be deducted from the settlement you receive once you win your case. Therefore, if for any reason your case is unsuccessful, you won’t owe us a penny.
Contact The Law Place Today!
At The Law Place, we have a team of highly skilled truck accident lawyers with over 75 years of combined experience in handling cases similar to yours. We understand how traumatic truck accidents can be, which is why our attorneys will be by your side throughout the legal process. Our accident lawyers pride themselves on developing positive attorney-client relationships built on trust and honesty. It is also worthwhile mentioning that many of our attorneys are AVVO rated 10.0, which is the highest possible ranking. This rating is awarded based on a number of factors, including trial skills, length of service, and awards, as well as client reviews and testimonials.
Our law firm offers all of our customers a free initial consultation with an adept personal injury lawyer. At this consultation, we will assess the legitimacy of your case and offer valuable legal advice on the next best steps to take and all at no obligation. Our Venice phone lines are open around the clock, so you can call us at any time of day, and rest assured, an experienced truck accident lawyer will be happy to help. Call us today at (941) 444-4444 and get started with your claim.