Boating is a popular pastime amongst residents and tourists all over Florida, including Venice, and with such pristine beaches, lakes, and harbors, this doesn’t come as much of a surprise. However, with thousands upon thousands of people venturing out on boats, jet skis, yachts, and more, and many of these people with very little experience in operating vessels, comes a number of dangerous and potentially lethal boating accidents.
Florida is the state with the most amount of boating accidents in the whole of the United States, according to the Coast Guard Report, which will have led to hundreds of serious injuries and preventable deaths. Because of this, our Florida law firm is well experienced and prepared to assist you with your boating accident case.
We understand that a serious boat accident can turn the lives of those involved completely upside down. This could be particularly devastating if the accident was not your fault. At The Law Place, we don’t believe you should have to suffer any more than you already have. Our personal injury lawyers have over 75 years of collective experience in dealing with the Florida boating laws and helping clients just like you receive the compensation they deserved. Therefore, you can rest assured that when you contact The Law Place for help, you will be giving yourself the best chance of securing the maximum amount of compensation possible and justice.
So don’t hesitate to contact us today for a free consultation at (941) 444-4444. Phone lines are open 24/7.
Common Causes of Boating Accidents in Venice, FL.
When people are out boating in Florida, they are expected to follow the Admiralty and Maritime Laws. These are similar to the rules of the road that people are expected to obey when driving and are intended to protect the safety of boat operators, passengers, and all others nearby. However, not everyone follows these laws, and when they don’t, accidents can happen.
Some of the most common causes of boating accidents are listed below:
- Negligence – Some ways that boat operators may act negligently are overloading the vessel, hitting big waves at an excessive speed, and more. By acting recklessly, boat operators aren’t fulfilling the duty of care they owe their passengers and fellow boats on the water with them – instead, they are putting everyone around them in danger and are risking a fatal accident.
- High speeds – It’s crucial that boat operators maintain a safe and steady speed at all times. Even experienced boat operators have been known to lose control of their vessels and crash when they have been moving at an excessive speed.
- Alcohol use – As is stated in Florida Statute 327.35, it’s illegal to operate a vessel while under the influence of alcohol or drugs in Florida. This is because when under the influence, people’s reaction times are much slower, and their decision-making can be irrational. This can make it incredibly dangerous to operate a boat under the influence.
- Inexperience – Operating and controlling a boat can be very difficult if you don’t have any experience or training. If boat operators don’t have the necessary skill or practice, then they could end up causing a boating accident.
- Poor weather conditions – Open water can be a treacherous place, and high winds, in particular, can make waters very dangerous. It can be risky to go out sailing in these sorts of conditions, especially if the operator is not experienced enough. Going out boating in poor weather can put everyone on the boat, and all other boaters, at risk.
While these are common causes of boating accidents in Venice, Florida, they aren’t the only ones. Regardless of why the accident happened, if you’ve been involved in a boating accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to financial compensation. For information specific to your case, call The Law Place today and schedule a free consultation.
Types of Boating Accidents in Venice, FL.
No matter what type of boating accident you were involved in, The Law Place can help. Each of our Venice accident lawyers has extensive experience when it comes to boating accident cases, and so you can trust that they will be able to help you.
However, some of the types of accidents that our attorneys have frequently dealt with before include the following:
- Propeller accidents – The propellers attached to boats are incredibly dangerous. Essentially, they are rapidly spinning, sharp blades and can cause severe, deep wounds, dismemberment, and internal injuries. They pose a potential threat to those in the water as well as on the boat.
- Drowning accidents – Regardless of how long you are on a boat, there is a potential for you to end up in the water when you least expect it. If you can’t swim, or there aren’t enough adequate life jackets on board, then drowning accidents may occur. Even strong and experienced swimmers have been known to drown if conditions are dangerous.
- Overboard accidents – If passengers or crew members fall overboard, then they could end up suffering from serious injuries and/or be knocked unconscious. If they cannot swim, or if the water conditions are rough, then this could lead to drowning.
- Slips – The floor of a boat is often wet, meaning it can be very slippery. If boat owners and/or workers don’t keep their decks and surfaces dry, then people could end up seriously injured.
- Run over accidents – Swimmers aren’t always visible or noticeable to boat operators, and they could potentially suffer traumatic or even lethal injuries if they are run over.
- Crew member accidents – The equipment used and the nature of the work itself are somewhat dangerous, especially for less experienced crew members.
There are a limitless amount of ways that you could be involved in a boating accident. As long as you weren’t completely at fault for the incident, you could be owed compensation, and a personal injury attorney from The Law Place could help you, so contact us today for a free consultation.
Frequent Injuries Caused by Boating Accidents in Venice, FL.
Boating accidents can lead to all kinds of serious and potentially life-changing injuries. This often leaves victims having to pay off costly medical expenses as well. Below are some of the injuries that are most commonly caused by boating accidents:
- Brain and head trauma.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Lacerations, cuts, and bruises.
- Wrongful death.
The accident may have also left you suffering mentally and emotionally.
If you have been involved in a boating accident in Venice, Florida, and you’ve been left suffering from any of the above injuries or others, then you may be owed compensation. Our team of personal injury lawyers at The Law Place has several decades of combined experience in helping clients like you, and so you can trust that they will give you excellent advice and offer you skilled and professional legal representation. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Damages Commonly Won in Boat Accident Cases in Venice, FL.
A boating accident could leave your life completely upside down, and here at The Law Place, we don’t believe that’s fair. You shouldn’t have to suffer from injuries and manage financial burdens caused by an accident that isn’t your fault. This is why we want to help you recover compensation for the damages you experienced. Our Florida-based law firm could be able to win you compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses – If you needed medical treatment for the injuries you sustained in the accident, you deserve compensation to cover past and future medical bills, including related expenses such as transport to and from appointments.
- Lost wages – You could be owed compensation if you were unable to go to work because of the injuries you sustained and therefore lost wages for. You could also be owed more money if your future earning capability has been limited because of the accident.
- Property damage – If any of your property, such as your boat, was damaged in the accident, then you could be entitled to compensation to repair or replace it.
- Pain and suffering – If you are suffering emotionally and are unable to do things you once enjoyed, you could be owed compensation. However, this is difficult to prove in court, so it is essential you have an experienced personal injury attorney on your side to fight on your behalf.
- Wrongful death – If you lost a loved one in the accident, then you may deserve compensation to cover the loss of consortium and funeral costs.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a boating accident in Venice, Florida, then you could be entitled to financial compensation. If you want an experienced attorney to review your case and consider your claim, then you should contact The Law Place today and schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Don’t wait if you think you deserve compensation!
Call The Law Place Today!
If you have been injured in a boating accident in the State of Florida that wasn’t your fault, then you should contact The Law Place today to find out if you could be entitled to compensation. We know that financial compensation won’t make up for the trauma you have endured, but it may help you with any financial burdens you have been left struggling with and act as proof that justice has been served.
Our accident lawyers have years of experience in personal injury law, so you know that by working with us, you’ll be giving yourself the best chance at securing compensation. And no need to worry about the costs – there are no attorney’s fees unless we win!
Our phone lines are open 24/7, so call us to schedule a free consultation today at (941) 444-4444!